A Truly Stunning Game

What a fantastic experience this is! A real emotional wringer which makes you care more about two central characters who never speak English than any number of cover-based co-op shooters in which the 'characters' never shut up wise-cracking. That it's an exhilarating and gorgeous adventurer to boot is an added bonus. Brothers has certainly removed any doubts I had about Sony going heavy with the indies for PS4, a AAA games studio could never make an experience as undiluted and affecting as this.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The absence of couch coop is a crime / like sabotaging your own work.

And yes I read the interview about "missing the point".

But the truth is, they missed the point of their own game.

Within minutes of booting it my wife (?!) was asking for controller 2.

Way to shoot yourself in the foot.

Great game but very stupid decision right there.

Wow... (beginning and end of paragraph one).

This game is remarkable, I've heard positive things reverberating around about this game, but I didn't hear ANYTHING about the storyline, and damn am I glad about that.

The controls aren't remarkable, at all, but that's forgivable, essentially, because of how penetrating and deeply provocative the story is. It's like a brother's Grimm fairy tale, or something; there are deeply affecting and dark undertones built into a whimsical fairytale world.

It works, I love it, I can't stop thinking about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be honest, controlling both brothers with both analog sticks ruined the game for me, not to mention the story was way predictable.

[spoiler=spiderwoman]Though the woman at the near end of the game turning out to be a Japanese mythical creature called a Jorōgumo did catch me off guard and made me smile a bit.

Oh god, I need a hug after finishing this. Wow.

I lost it at the final swimming sequence when I figured out what I had to do.

This trumps any feels I've ever gotten from a game. Walking dead, bioshock infinite, the last of us...this was the top feels. Journey was like the exact opposite feels.

I'll be honest, controlling both brothers with both analog sticks ruined the game for me, not to mention the story was way predictable.

[spoiler=spiderwoman]Though the woman at the near end of the game turning out to be a Japanese mythical creature called a Jorōgumo did catch me off guard and made me smile a bit.

I'm only one chapter in so far and that issue has definitely been a pain for me as well.

What an amazing experience this game was! Very touching, very moving, but also very very sad. The end really had me in tears. It's the kind of game that just needs some "sinking in"...

Gems like this prove that a game doesn't have to be a blockbuster title in order to be remembered.

I got used to the controls after a while, and the control scheme sets up one of the biggest payoffs in the narrative. You'll know the moment when you come to it, a brilliant moment. The first and only time I have seen the actual controls to a game deliver a 'Woah' to the story.

I got used to the controls after a while, and the control scheme sets up one of the biggest payoffs in the narrative. You'll know the moment when you come to it, a brilliant moment. The first and only time I have seen the actual controls to a game deliver a 'Woah' to the story.

I know exactly what you mean, and when I got to that point I didn't know what I was meant to do, then I thought I'd try it. And you're right, you definitely got a "woah" feeling from it.

A fantastic little game.