Fireteams are the Key!

poetic_justice_

Fireteams are the key!

I wish I had known about this when I first started playing Brink. It would have saved me HOURS.

Fireteams! Fireteams make stupid AI smarter.

Fireteams mean you play ONE custom game to unlock That Mine You Spotted? Disarmed! Instead of SIX (like me).

Fireteams mean you have a much better chance of beating the infamous Day 6: Early Launch, Security on Hard or Online Versus.

To create a fireteam, push :start:. Go to Scoreboard. Press :cross:. Select which AI (or human, if you’re so fortunate) teammate(s) you want to join your fireteam. Press :cross: again to add them to your fireteam.

This was the key to getting the AI engineer to disarm the mines I spotted. Without being on a fireteam, the AI just stood there, ten feet from me, after I had spotted a mine and stood on it. He stood there while the enemy threw grenades and shot at me. He mindlessly watched me die. I cannot tell you how many times this happened. Oh, the frustration!

However, after I added the AI engineers to my team, I spotted a mine, and he actually ran over to defuse it THE FIRST TIME! I was not standing on it; in fact, I was moving away from the mine because I was in a firefight.

I know you can add at least two AI to your fireteam. Hit :select: when prompted to vote (this prompt will appear in the upper left hand corner). Press :cross: to vote yes or no for the add.

You can also remove players from your fireteam midmatch. Press :start:. Choose Scoreboard. Press :cross: Choose which teammate you wish to kick and press :cross: again. Voila! That teammate is out of the fireteam.

I have not tried this yet on Day 6: Early Launch because I just got the platinum and never want to play this game again! However, if you add a medic and an operative to your fireteam, you stand a much better chance of hacking the stupid missile box because the fireteam willl more or less follow you to objectives (instead of running willy-nilly after those command posts). If you make the hackbox your objective, hopefully the AI will pick up on that and actually hack sooner! As I said, I haven’t tested it on Day 6 and don’t care to. I am done with Brink! But hopefully this will help others seeking to finish this platinum, especially since the online community is dead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah man, the AI are defo smarter than they would normally be, on second security mission one guy from my fireteam actually carried intel to the end (i failed like 5-6 times before that, and AI wasnt even trying to grab intel case, but when i tried fireteam option they were much much better).

• 1 month later...

THANK YOU!!!

Prior to finding this post, my partner and I got smoked every time we played Day 6 trying to hack the missile launch. I would be the operative and he would be a medic guarding me. The problem is that we were facing the majority of the enemy team while all of our AI was nowhere to be found. We finally had to call it quits for the night after several failed attempts.

The next day we looked around and found that Day 6 was the mission that everyone had trouble with. Then I saw your post about the fireteams and got excited. We tried it that night along with a few other tips and we got it on the first try without hardly breaking a sweat. We put all of the AI on our fireteam so they followed us to the objective. I was a soldier to kept everyone loaded up on ammo and he was an engineer so he could setup a turret on the platform. Once we got into position our entire team showed up and just destroyed anyone who popped up. We had an operative with us who started working on the hack while we all covered him. It was so much better.

Thank you for sharing this!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Wow, I tried Launch day about a dozen times and couldn't even get 10% on the hacking part. First try with the fireteam suggestion and it only took about 4 minutes lol. I was only a level 6 and I played as as engineer with the turret, land mine and kevlar and honestly I barely did anything at all. It was all the A.I. They charged the hacking module, cleared the area and then I just walked in, no problem and set up the turret in the alcove on the right side and a land mine directly in front of the module.

Edited by gally14

I dug this game up a couple days ago because I saw someone looking to get some trophies and this has been a 3% completion stain on my profile for ages. Only played long enough to get the 3 Stars on all the challenges, but I have no idea what fireteams are, can someone explain, and why just being on one makes the AI smarter?

• 2 weeks later...