Day 6: Early Launch

Greaves247

I know everyone goes on about this, and iv been dreading having to do this level again but last night i went to play it online versus, did it so i had a new guy on level 0.

But when i played the enemy was insanely good, it was computer not other online players i checked that, they would rush me all the time no matter where i was, they were pretty much in our spawn and wouldnt let us get anywhere near the hack box and if they downed you they would melee you so you had respawn

I tried defending people hacking but if a cm of my guy is out of cover i get shot and killed, if i go for the hack box and hide behind the objective where that fence is i get killed, if i hide in the hallway areas near it my signal strength is bad and they can disarm it quicker than i hack so that doesnt work then i get killed trying to stop them.

how do i get it so there not so good? i played a couple solo and online games with a friend and was still really hard? i dont struggle on the crane part its the hack box part.

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think everyone can get the first objective. the second is hack the lauch.

if you hack it with you face against it. than look right and go behind the wall.

i've tried it twice and it works. your AI team is great at that time.

let me know if it working.

greetz freak83

Tried that a long time ago. No go. It's weird, the AI are all over the hack spot until I get there then they scatter. They also plant turrets back at our base. They just don't help, but act retarded. If you feel generous and would like to help me, throw me a line. I tried the boosting thread and didn't get any replies. :whistle:

Tried that a long time ago. No go. It's weird, the AI are all over the hack spot until I get there then they scatter. They also plant turrets back at our base. They just don't help, but act retarded. If you feel generous and would like to help me, throw me a line. I tried the boosting thread and didn't get any replies. :whistle:

I add you and i Will help you with day 6.

Tried it all day yesterday. Highest I got the hack to was 70-something percent. On one attempt, I got the "Playstation Network has encountered an error. You have been disconnected." and the game ended on me. Ugh...

The best place I found to hide at was underneath the ramp that is in front of where you put the hackbox. The hallway to the right of the hackbox is good too but I had more luck under the ramp.

Update: I just beat "Early Launch" easily. I did Day 8 on Hard and both What-If missions on Easy. Then I started work on Early Launch, and it was unusually easy (as if the difficulty was set to Easy). Only died twice during the hacking part and that was it.

Try doing all the other missions first and then Early Launch last (you can do any of the missions, don't need to do them in order).

Im on level 18 and i used an engineer for the whole level. firstly build the mg nest and take the enemy supply command post. once that was done i found the bots FINALLY followed me to the hack. what i did was plant a turret in front of the RH enemy spawn point. I actually watched and counted how many bots spawn and they seem to pop out of the RH the most.

I just camped and what i found was that when they are being shot at by myself and the turret was that they would run backwards and then ocassionally pop their heads around and my turret just shot them. i beat it on normal and i was suprised it was easier than the lower difficulty???

i hope that helps.

First objective just be engineer and make sure they dont get the big barrier up and u should be able to repair the crane in 3-4 minutes. After that i just did it as a medic rank. I just took the straightahead road and took out 3-4 enemies all the time they spawned(used the L3 ability if I got too low), making it a 7v4 bot match literally. After 3-4 minutes an operative finally started hacking the device and the rest of the team managed to defend him, while I just kept sniping their backarmy. Took around 8 times in total for me for this mission tho.

All this was on "onlinve vs" btw

Edited by ArcyGabriel

• 2 weeks later...

I finally did it on online VS :applause: and it was pretty easy as well. On easy it took me 2 tries I think.

After all the stress of going to the hacking spot and spent many hours trying to hack/hide and laying down mines and turrets. I decided to try something else.

I may have got lucky but IMO I did pretty well, I normally die a fair amount of times, not saying I am not a good gamer but the recoil + super sharp shooting bots + bots seems to have 3x more health than you tends to finish me pretty fast.

This is how I did it.

Online VS (just me not other player)

part 1 I use mechanic and part 2 I use soldier (let the bots hack)

level 15

change the body type to heavy

default gun is minigun, second is carb

thats it.

after about 5 mins and a few times dying (minigun takes too long to spool and fire) trying to find a good place to sit (the buildings next to the hack points) I decided to give them hell. The mini gun take sooooo long to spool up but if you hold down aim then the gun will constantly spool meaning firing can be instant.

so I just Sat here and kept the gun going:

Picture was taken from one of the youtube videos, just took a snap shot to give you an idea where

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b145/ilghap/brink.jpg

From this place, I did not die once in for about 8 mins. If you get hurt, move over back behind the door to recover, if you get low on ammo then just click L3, occasionally I get people coming through the door behind me but some reason all they do is slide and knock me dowm, you just unload the mini gun on them and they die pretty quick, some just jump straight off the ledge. Try to aim past the missle. they are all hanging around down there. take as much out as you can and your bots SHOULD be able to hack it.

Give me a few heart attack as I got it to 80% and the hacker died. waited for a while and then it got to 97% and he died again. but he finally completed the job for me.

Hope this helps and good luck as that is what you need

• 2 months later...

I see there are already a few strategies on here, but i may as well add one more in case none of those work for someone. Make sure it on Hard VS and have the turret as well as gear head equiped. For guns I just used SMG's with large clips.

What I did was use the engineer class and make sure I had the turret as well as Gear Head (allows you to repair quicker). After passing the crane part and onto the hacker part, I kept the engineer class...

Go through the underground tunnel and up and past the command control thing on the platform. After this i took a right and went up the ramp. At the end of the tunnel I paced a turret and then placed a mine behind me as well just in case. The main thing to do here is get the enemies attention. This can be achieved by your turret, you shooting or throwing grenades. Do your best to keep their attention and allow your AI to hack the missle. Every time your turret is destroyed repair it or build a new one. After a period of time your team will eventually hack the missle and complete the mission.

This might seem similar to others that have been mentioned but I just thought it might help give some people struggling with it another option/ hope. I beat this mission 4 times on hard VS with this technique.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Stay behind the cover near Hack Box and plant a turret at your right and a mine at the left of the HB.

Then keep killing all enemies, repairing the turret and replacing the mine.

Sigh. I am going to give this a try. I hate this level. Last one I need for platinum.

I can confirm what one of the above posters said! I went on and Completed one of the "what if" missions on Solo - Easy! Then came back and did Online Versus and the Resistance Bots where surprisingly stupid and easy to defeat! Been struggling whit this one for hours and after doing this i got it first try with 14 minutes to spare!

Now I can finally forget about this mission! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Failed miserably about half a dozen times last night in verus using a lvl 1 character hoping the enemy AI would be easier. But the 'friendly' AI were totally useless. No attempt to hack or defend me if I tried it. Will try tonight with a higher level character with a bit more firepower.

I'm so happy! :D

Did Day 6 this morning, first time. (Online versus)

I played as engineer to hack the crane controls I did about 50% then a bot came and helped. I died once, respawned and went back to the hack site, died again but got revived.

Managed to complete the hack then.

For the missile I played as soldier, followed my team while they faffed about with the command post. Once they'd taken this they moved on to the missile area. I followed and laid down covering fire from the platform.

The whole team spent a couple of mins keeping the enemy at bay, then my some miracle one of my team started to plant the hack box.

We got up to 80% before too many of us died.

They defused down to about 50% before we all made it back.

Again I provided covering fire and the operative on my team managed to complete the hack.

I think the trick is to keep the enemy away from the area as much as possible, otherwise the operative stops hacking and starts shooting.

I've done Day 8 too so now I have the Tough as Nails trophy :D:D

I'll try the suggestion that someone said earlier and get back to you:

- Play What-If missions on Easy

- Go back to Day 6 and do Online Versus

Hopefully my Engineer will be upgraded by then to the rank which allows me to purchase the medium turret, and use on the right side (just behind the hackbox area) with the mine on the left side.