PSN is back...no bonus code

Sarahgyna

so im waiting for the email from gamestop i was promised that has my bonus pack from preorder with code - i have NOT opened brink yet until i get that bonus pack code, because if gamestop fucks me over again, i will so return the game, get my $65 back and be on my way

dont understand why they cant just print the code on the recipt for ps3 users too, i KNOW psn is down, gimme the code cuz now i have to wait even longer to kick ass with my doom gear.

I doubt the PSN being down has anything to do with you not getting your code. You'll need to call them in the morning and let them know you haven't received your code. It also depends when you got the game. If you got it during the weekend or in the evening, you might have to wait until Monday to get it.

Also, you won't be able to use your code for possibly a few days as the PSN store is not yet up.

well when i picked it up - i looked imediatly on the recipt and no code. the guy said that gamestop wont print it on there for PS3 because the network is down. I didnt trust gamestop so this is why i havnt opened it yet and am keeping the recipt because if I dont get the code by monday then I will be upset. I shouldnt have to wait for the code, they should just give me my preorder bonus.

That's definitely questionable. Most, if not all, of my preorder codes have been printed on the receipt IF they don't come with the game (inside the case). Best bet is to call them tomorrow and see what they say. Only mention that the game is for the PS3 if they ask what console you have. That way you can see if they are BSing you. If they haven't given you a code within a couple of days or if they are indeed full of shit, then return the game and get your money back. Gamestop really is a dodgy store so you've been smart to not open the case just yet.

Its only been a matter of a hours since PSN came back online. And the Playstation Store isn't even up yet, so even if you had the code, you would have nothing to do with it. Let's just kick back and chill.:cool:

EDIT:and BTW I didn't get my code either, actually I don't know anyone who did, so they're not screwing you over.

Edited by Hutch554
Had more to say

well i hope not - i heard a rumor from sum1 at the PShome mall that Brink's "preorder packs" - the codes are universal and that its possile to get every code w/o preordering, and still get the packs - but no1 can prove that since PSN is down.

I actually have the Fallout pack code right here with me, but I'm from Hong Kong and the code voucher is actually included inside the case. PSN isn't up in Asia yet though, so the code is useless at the moment. But look on the bright side, you guys are already playing online!! I truly envy you. God knows how long we still have to wait for PSN to come back online in Asia.

i was getting on here to ask this very question. i got my pre order from amazon, and still no email. looking through amazon's brink "forum" type thing, i saw that customer service told another customer they couldn't send out codes because of psn being down.

Lol. I highly doubt that this is a "pre-order exclusive". Considering I bought mine 2 days after the release at a nearby Bestbuy & to my suprise has the Doom voucher inside.

Why would it have had the Doom pack? Best Buy had the Fallout pack, I believe.

i have NOT opened brink yet until i get that bonus pack code, because if gamestop fucks me over again, i will so return the game, get my $65 back and be on my way

Will you SO return the game? Like totally? OMG!

Seriously? You're going to wait to play the game because of an outfit? Pretty sure you can make do with the things that are available while you wait.

I preordered it and haven't received my code either but I'm not acting like a vag because of it. Just play the game.

• 2 weeks later...

PS Store is back online - and alot of people are saying they still dont have their codes, either from GS or amazon... any1 else havin issues? Seems maybe the codes are now void in the system and they just wont admit they fucked up and need to make new codes for some DLCs lol

PS Store is back online - and alot of people are saying they still dont have their codes, either from GS or amazon... any1 else havin issues? Seems maybe the codes are now void in the system and they just wont admit they fucked up and need to make new codes for some DLCs lol

That's probably because Brink's DLC hasn't been released in the stores yet. I tried 2 codes (physco and spec-ops), got an error. Tried again, error. Searched for Brink content in the store, couldn't find any.

The reason that there was no code on your receipt was due to the PS Store being down. They have to generate the code for Gamestop and since there was no network there was no code to have. You could try going to gamestop.com/code and see what it brings up for Brink. I'm not sure if Sony has issued it's codes to GS as of this second since the network just got put back up today. I'm sure that Sony had other things to take care of before worrying about a code for a 3rd party title from two weeks ago.

I got a call today from Gamestop with an automated message telling me that ATV:MX & Brink codes were available from the store you purchased the games from. I don't have that ATV game so I assume everyone that bought either game got a call. The number that called me was 817-722-7979.