I finally conquered That mine you found? Disarmed!

M-Easy

So I finally figured out the elusive That mine you found? Disarmed! (S) and why the idiot AI wouldn't disarm the mines. The problem was/is proximity. I picked up on this during my many hours of trying for this damned trophy. I marked a mine that was right next to a soldier who was doing nothing as usual. But as soon as I marked the mine the soldier turned and immediately threw a frag to blow up the mine. EUREKA!!! I yelled.

So I tested my hypothesis and BING trophy. The Key is to mark the mine while it is close to the engineer. No more then 6-10 feet away (2-3 meter for you metric folks). But that's the easy part, the hard part is getting an engineer next to a mine. Well don't worry I figured that out too;) Here are the settings & instructions:

-Private Game

-Game Type: Objectives

-Solo (obviously and unfortunately)

-Map: Refuel

-Difficulty: Easy

-Min & max team size: 4. I found 4 on 4 to be the sweet spot. 3v3 there isn't enough engineers and 5-8 is just too many bots, it turns to chaos. With 4v4 you get at least 2 engineers on each team (the CPU changes classes for specific objectives) for 3 of the 5 map objectives (2nd-Deliver the hydraulic fluid, 4th-deliver the avionics, and 5th-repair the fuel pump)

-Team: Resistance. If you start as security just change teams.

- Optional but highly recommended - Create a 2nd character slot and use that level 1 character. The game adjust to your level and abilities. The difference is night and day compared to using your high teens or level 20 character.

OK once you start the match make sure you help the soldiers quickly blow the door open, there are no friendly engineers during this objective. The 2nd objective is to deliver the hydro fluid, 2 of your teammates will switch to engineer and 2 or 3 enemy bots will switch that way too (you can check who is what by looking at the scoreboard). Now the key is to put pressure on the enemies so they stay down a camp where you deliver the fuel. As long as they're down there they will always plant mines. Your goal after they plant is to get down there and clear out the enemies. DON'T MARK THE MINES YET (unless of course 1 of your engineers is standing right there). You don't have to carry the fuel but sometimes you will have to because the AI is retarded and wont try to pick it up and deliver it. TIP: When you are carrying the obj. your team flocks to you.

Once down there in the hanger area get in position to where you can see the mine and engineer coming. You have to be real fast cause the AI sprints every where. When the engineer gets close hurry and mark the mine. My biggest mistake was waiting to long and by the time the mine was marked the engineer already ran past it or like a moron ran over it and blows it up.

You'll know you did it right when the engineer stops, pulls out his spray can an sprays the mine down. Remember the engineers have wrenches over head next to their names, don't get excited like I did and mark when a soldier comes running.

If you don't get it during this objective use the same tactics for objectives 4 and 5. You wont have any friendly engineers during objective 3. It should take you no more than 3 or 4 game tries to get it down. Its really simple I just over explained it because its a luck based trophy. Good luck.

If your still having trouble try this method in conjunction with the above:

Basically I noticed the AI seemed very responsive when you get downed to revive you and such so I was thinking this would carry over to the other classes when you get in trouble.

So what I did was when an engineer was close to me and a mine, I would mark it and then after marking it I would run directly on top of the mine. What this does is if you move at all and get off the mine it will explode. But if an engineer comes along while you're on the mine and disarms it your in the clear.

So I marked the mine, engineer ignored it, I then carefully stood right on top and sure enough after a few seconds the engineer came over and disarmed the mine and ping trophy pop.

I assume it works the same way that the engineer has to be the general vicinity of yourself and the mine, haven't tried it by marking with no engineer near.

This also helps.

if you want to get this done easy with no worrying about where your engineers are here's a simple way to do it:

Same settings, but just grab the hydro first, then mark the mine and step on it.

Mines don't go off until you lift your foot off the mine so just stand still, your character will call for help and a defuse mine mission will be sent to the engineers, and since you have the hydro you're an even greater priority, they'll come running no matter where they are on the map.

The only down side is you'll have to defend yourself without moving until they arrive, lol, but that's pretty easy, note also that if enemies are in the area the engineer will fight them off prior to defusing, so don't fret if he starts shooting at some people first.

Edit: Pro-Tip - If you don't have all your audio logs yet while you're trying for this trophy then make sure you never quit. If your team wins before you get the trophy, its fine you get an audio log for it. If your team is getting beat down just switch teams with about 30 secs to go in the match, and then you get the win and a nice pretty audio log as well.

Edited by M-Easy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea. I would make a couple of changes:

Game Type- Stopwatch

Custom Settings- FF On, and Match Duration 30 min.

With this you can do the same exact strategy.However, if your team comes close to delivering the hydro, you can just kill them, allowing you to never leave the 2nd objective and essentially giving you 25-27 uninterrupted min to try the strategy.

Edited by Hutch554

I like the idea. I would make a couple of changes:

Game Type- Stopwatch

Custom Settings- FF On, and Match Duration 30 min.

With this you can do the same exact strategy.However, if your team comes close to delivering the hydro, you can just kill them, allowing you to never leave the 2nd objective and essentially giving you 25-27 uninterrupted min to try the strategy.

Hmm that would be better. I didn't know whether it was confirmed or not if you could get trophies in stopwatch.

Hmm that would be better. I didn't know whether it was confirmed or not if you could get trophies in stopwatch.

I've been doing trophy clean up in stopwatch after I finished the campaign;), I believe the only ones you can't get in stopwatch or objective are the campaign trophies (for obvious reasons).

Can I use this info in my guide, or can I just link this thread?

Yeah sure, whichever you want. Just be sure to give credit where is due :p

The trophy description says the mine is "later defused by an engineer"

So even though the soldier threw the nade you still got it. Looks like there can be some luck then for everyone else.

You'll prob be first in the world to plat this when PSN comes back up and you sync.

There is no grenades involved. An engineer must plant a mine and an engineer must disarm it.

Man I should have had the plat a while ago now. I have 1 dumb audio log that just will not unlock. Its under Chen's audio. I don't understand whats going on it sooooooo frustrating.

Yeah sure, whichever you want. Just be sure to give credit where is due :p

There is no grenades involved. An engineer must plant a mine and an engineer must disarm it.

Man I should have had the plat a while ago now. I have 1 dumb audio log that just will not unlock. Its under Chen's audio. I don't understand whats going on it sooooooo frustrating.

Damn, hopefully it isn't a glitch. Did you get the other 73 logs from just replaying all the campaign missions/freeplay 73 times?

Maybe the 74th's requirement is to play an online game. Which would fuck balls.

My first attempt I thought I got really lucky. I killed all four enemies and 2 engineers were running toward me and the mine. One of them had the data thing. I figure, well maybe the one with the objective won't get it but the other one probably will. I spotted the mine with both engineers about 8 feet behind the mine. One of them stopped, the other one moved a bit closer and stopped. They didn't move for a good 10 seconds. The one in the back turned slightly to the right very slowly. Then a respawned enemy fired from afar, and both engineers ran directly over the mine simultaneously and lost half their health. I seriously do hope that this isn't a common thing in your strategy, this trophy is absolutely retarded...

I spotted the mine with both engineers about 8 feet behind the mine. One of them stopped, the other one moved a bit closer and stopped. They didn't move for a good 10 seconds. The one in the back turned slightly to the right very slowly. Then a respawned enemy fired from afar, and both engineers ran directly over the mine simultaneously and lost half their health. I seriously do hope that this isn't a common thing in your strategy, this trophy is absolutely retarded...

LMAO that happened to me too, the problem with that is they were too far away but you were only off by like 1 sec. OR your timing was right but the AI is freaking retarded. Before I started doing all the objectives myself I would see the AI go to the objective, just stop and stare, then run in a circle, then finally start whatever the obj was. Its like an AI brain fart.

LMAO that happened to me too, the problem with that is they were too far away but you were only off by like 1 sec. OR your timing was right but the AI is freaking retarded. Before I started doing all the objectives myself I would see the AI go to the objective, just stop and stare, then run in a circle, then finally start whatever the obj was. Its like an AI brain fart.

Did you have the objective when they disarmed the explosive? I noticed when I have it I have a higher chance of allies sticking close to me. I can never clear out enemies fast enough for my allies to actually not suck ass at this game though, they respawn so quickly... Iv'e been trying 3v3's because I get no opportunity's in a 4v4...

Oh, and one of the worst parts. When the opportunity is at hand and an ally engy is coming towards the mine i'm... "guarding"... The enemy changes class for no reason and they disappear. If anything pisses me off more than my dumbass team running over mines Iv'e spotted, it's enemies changing their class and making me pretty sad.

Edited by SirkSirk

When I got the trophy I was holding the obj. Specifically i got it on obj 4, where you interact with the plane. That obj is further from their spawn.

Oh yeah and 1 more thing. I did this with a new character, level 1. Yeah, I forgot to mention that part. The enemies don't use turrets and aren't as aggressive. You should be able to kill all 4 of them by yourself.

Also 3 isn't enough, that's why they keep changing classes, 4v4!

When I got the trophy I was holding the obj. Specifically i got it on obj 4, where you interact with the plane. That obj is further from their spawn.

Oh yeah and 1 more thing. I did this with a new character, level 1. Yeah, I forgot to mention that part. The enemies don't use turrets and aren't as aggressive. You should be able to kill all 4 of them by yourself.

Also 3 isn't enough, that's why they keep changing classes, 4v4!

I was actually going to try to make a new character and give it a shot. Was trying to hit level 20 while doing this and also trying to hit level 20 again since I respec'd to get rid of trophy related skills that sucked(ie transfer supplies)

Well I guess I'll just go for it now and see what happens...

It's easier online :p

Anyway, can't you do it all by yourself?

Private match, plant a mine, switch to operative & other side, spot it, switch to engineer and disarm it?

EDIT: Nvm. Already heard this doesn't work. Well, online is probably the easiest :D

Edited by Vuule

It's easier online :p

Anyway, can't you do it all by yourself?

Private match, plant a mine, switch to operative & other side, spot it, switch to engineer and disarm it?

Tried it, doesn't work.

Finally got it though. I almost threw my controller because the engineer hopped over a railing and landed on it. Though he also defused it. How he did that is beyond me.\

I 5 starred your thread assuming that you're going to update your first post. Make sure to be level 1, not level 20, enemies are much much easier.

Edited by SirkSirk

Got the trophy yesterday with this setup but I'll add something I did that helped me and hopefully works for others as well.

Basically I noticed the Ai seemed very responsive when you get downed to revive you and such so I was thinking this would carry over to the other classes when you get in trouble.

So what I did was when an engineer was close to me and a mine, I would mark it and then after marking it I would run directly on top of the mine. What this does is if you move at all and get off the mine it will explode. But if an engineer comes along while you're on the mine and disarms it your in the clear.

So I marked the mine, engineer ignored it, I then carefullly stood right on top and sure enough after a few seconds the enginner came over and disarmed the mine and ping trophy pop.

I assume it works the same way that the engineer has to be the general vicinity of yourself and the mine, haven't tried it by marking with no engineer near.

I found a quick and easier way! First, do as you said before with the same settings. Wait for A.I. to plant Mine, Stand on the Mine(Important part) and wait for Engineer to come and get you off.

Edit: NVM LOL!

Edited by SoopaMAn2K

Got the trophy yesterday with this setup but I'll add something I did that helped me and hopefully works for others as well.

Basically I noticed the Ai seemed very responsive when you get downed to revive you and such so I was thinking this would carry over to the other classes when you get in trouble.

So I marked the mine, engineer ignored it, I then carefullly stood right on top and sure enough after a few seconds the enginner came over and disarmed the mine and ping trophy pop.

nice 1 bro 3 dam hours and the AI was crap saw your post and got it funny thing is this would be a piece of cake online.