Trophy Boosting Thread (Read First Post!)

Grimmorange

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/news/boosting1.png

Trophy Boosting Thread

What your post should at least include (but not limited to):

1. Your PSN ID
  2. Online trophies you're wanting to boost
  3. Your time zone

To make everyone's life easier during boosting, please ensure you're familiar with the methods used to boost this game before you start.

If the boosting method requires a group to be organized and set up, please keep all discussions and planning in the boosting thread. Please do not create another thread.

Boosting Method:

If you feel that there's a much better and more preferred boosting method for certain online trophies not found in this thread or in the Trophy Guide, please post it in the

Feedback Forums. Please do not post here, as it will be missed.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/356/15.jpgNot so sneaky now, are you? (B)

Reveal an enemy in disguise

This can be one of the hardest trophies to achieve in this game. Only an operative can go in disguise and you will need to spot the enemy while he either is going under disguise or just completed the disguise formation. Your character will say "Enemy in disguise." That is when you can kill him and the trophy will soon follow. Having the Homing beacon ability will help get this trophy a little easier.

This can be boosted in a private match.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/356/25.jpgThat mine you found? Disarmed!(S)

Spot a mine which is later defused by another Engineer

You will need to be an operative to spot a mine. Aim down your site and watch the meter above the health bar rise, once complete, your character will say "I found a mine". The problem is having an engineer come over and disarming the bomb while running over it. In order to find the location of a Mine you will need to bring it up with your objective wheel once the you hear an enemy mine has been dropped, by selecting the grayed out objective it will pop up on your screen.

This can be done in a private match with three people. Here is an easier way to get it, Thanks to immikeulate; I finally conquered That mine you found? Disarmed! - PlaystationTrophies.org

Alternate Method:

If you are having trouble obtaining this trophy, you can use the Trophy Boosting Thread (Read First Post!) - PlaystationTrophies.org to find a partner. One player has to be an Engineer and the other an operative. The operative will wait until a mine pops up; use his/her objective wheel to locate the mind and the Engineer will follow. Once the Operative aims down his/her sight, the mine will pop up on the engineer's screen, allowing him to locate and disarm the mine obtaining the trophy for the Operative. Now just switch and do it again.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/356/08.jpgTough as nails (G)

Win all storyline campaign missions (not including What-If missions) playing either Online Versus, or in Hard mode

This can be proven difficult on Hard mode solo, since the AI is not that smart in the game. You can do it over different characters, but not over different saves. Thanks Jamby for the confirmation.

For this particular trophy, you’ll have to win every campaign mission, not including the What-If missions on Hard or Online Versus. I advise you to jump straight into online and play against other players to earn this trophy and the other campaign related trophies.

If you do start on Hard or play Online Versus, play through every mission except the What-If missions. You can do the What-If on Hard or Online Versus, but it’s not needed. When you complete your first mission (or What-If), you’ll earn the “The start of something big” trophy. Once you complete either the Security or Resistance campaign, you’ll get yourself the “You’ve saved the Ark” and the “You’ve escaped the Ark” trophy. If you also complete all the 4 What-If missions, you’ll earn the “To serve and protect” and the “Viva la revolution!” trophy. If you did all this either on Hard or Online Versus (not including What-If), you’ll earn yourself this (“Tough as nails”) trophy.

How to obtain this trophy In online Versus.

Start a new Character, select campaign and pick a match. Have the settings set up like this:

• Visibility -- Everyone
  • Play Mode --Versus
  • Rank availability -- My rank

Having it set up that way will only allow people at level zero (0) into your game. Now after each win, back out and purchase an ability (:cross:) and then Sell it (:triangle:). Doing that will bring your level back down to zero and you will have no abilities at all. Making the enemy AI the same as they were when you first started the game. There will also be no one able to enter your game, unless they are that same level.

You can do this with a partner, just make sure they are level zero (0), that way they can enter the game and you can get each level done as quickly as possible. Thanks Gukoff (PSN Name) for the Tip.

Edited by BreadSkin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be up for this.

PSN: Hazadaki

I advise setting up an 'official' PS3T group thread though where you can arrange game-nights and so forth.

-- Looks like this has been stickied.

Anyway add me really looking forward to playing Brink.

Edited by JFlinchy

Sweet, so, would you guys rather group up for co-op or online vs first?

Co-op because it's good practise and the xp earned can be used to purchase new upgrades etc. Which should gives us some training that we can use to beat new players.

Co-op because it's good practise and the xp earned can be used to purchase new upgrades etc. Which should gives us some training that we can use to beat new players.

Exactly what I was thinking. I hope people have mics. Almost required for team-based fps

I thought that these kind of threads weren't allowed to be posted until the game comes out. You didn't even list what trophies need to be boosted or anything. If you're gonna make the official thread, make it properly.

Contrary to what the above sounds like, I'm not actually a dick, I just hate people posting these threads ahead of time without having the game released, playing the game, having the thread properly formatted with information, or knowing how difficult the trophies are. If anyone does want to play though, you can add me when the network comes back up in however many months it's gonna be -_-

I thought that these kind of threads weren't allowed to be posted until the game comes out. You didn't even list what trophies need to be boosted or anything. If you're gonna make the official thread, make it properly.

Contrary to what the above sounds like, I'm not actually a dick, I just hate people posting these threads ahead of time without having the game released, playing the game, having the thread properly formatted with information, or knowing how difficult the trophies are. If anyone does want to play though, you can add me when the network comes back up in however many months it's gonna be -_-

Read above, I've never done this before. And it was originally Brink, online. But someone changed it and made it sticky. Advice would be nice, :p

Actually, alot of people are already playing Brink and Brink's forum got placed from upcoming games to Shooters. Not to mention, they stickied it.

There's no real need for boosting in Brink, but co-op is where the fun is at!

Actually, alot of people are already playing Brink and Brink's forum got placed from upcoming games to Shooters. Not to mention, they stickied it.

There's no real need for boosting in Brink, but co-op is where the fun is at!

^ You know your shit! Thank you.

Add me as well, I am down for playing co-op with bots for practice. Or against other people. I just preordered it last night, last minute from Amazon with the 99 cents release day shipping. I have a mic and don't sound like a little kid with a high pitch voice. :)