Conquering the bosses (WIP)

hyousai

I figured I'd give some help here, as the bosses can be pretty nightmarish on Brave difficulty, so I figured I'd share the method that finally beat them so others have less trouble.

I'll update this as I beat bosses.

Stone Golem: This guy is nasty. There are a few techniques to make him much more manageable.

1. Make sure you equip the Wind Charm. Obvious, but still pretty vital.

2. Double jump. His boulders have a wide radius and will kill you in 2 hits. Rolling won't always get you away, but double jumping will keep you safe if you're airborne when the rock hits the ground.

3. Use your sword on the boars/ring gates. It's much faster than the bow. Use the bow on the smaller golems once all the gates are down. Focus on the boss only once his backup is dead.

4. Don't melee the boss, his stomp is a lot harder to read/dodge than the rocks.

Harpy Queen: She's much easier than the Golem thankfully.

1. Make sure you have the Charged Earth Shot. Any level will do, but the higher the better. The Queen and all her minions (normal Harpies and those little gold-stealing Gremlins) are weak to Earth, and your exploding minions will absolutely wreck everything. Just keep charging and firing off minions until her backup stops respawning.

2. She has basically the same attacks as normal Harpies, though I never saw her divebomb. Her rapid shot is easily dodged just through basic running around. Her single shot has a very wide radius, so make sure to roll to ensure it misses.

Mor'du: A punishing guantlet. 3/4 of the battle are no real problem. The other 1/4? A nightmare.

1. First he'll use the Ice Rune Stone, creating a huge Ice Wolf, backed up by regular Ice Wolves, Ice Boars, and the occasional Ice Golem. Use your Fire Charm, and take out anyone that approaches, though the lesser enemies will die when you take out the big wolf. His attacks are the same as the lesser ones, just with a larger range/damage. Once it's down, you get a checkpoint, Mor'du is stunned and the Rune Stone appears. Destroy it.

2. He'll use the Fire Rune Stone now to create a large Fire Boar. He's backed up by regular Fire Boars, Spriggans, and Fire Golems. This part SUCKS. Hardest part of the game. Basically, here's what you do, target only the smaller Fire Boars at first, and ignore the Spriggans. If you kill the Spriggans, Fire Golems and more boars will spawn. Now it's just you, the giant boar, and 3 Spriggans. Keep as much distance as you can from the boar so dodging is easier, shooting him with charged Ice Charm blasts every time you dodge. Do not touch the flame trails, they will kill you quite quickly, which is why we want to focus on making sure there's only the one boar. A lot of this battle is luck. Rejoice when you finally bring down the giant boar, because the worst of the battle is behind you. Crush the Rune Stone as punishment for its transgressions.

3. After destroying the Fire Rune Stone, you're thrown into a rematch with the Harpy Queen. It's almost as easy as the first time, made more difficult by the newly cracked ground. Charged shots aren't quite as useful, so stick to normal Earth Charm shots and run in a circle around the boss, shooting her when you can and taking out the normal Harpies when they get close or you need health. Eventually, the normal Harpies stop spawning and it's just you and the queen. Easy-peasy.

4. Time for the Earth Rune Stone. As you might have guessed, it's time for a rematch with the Golem Boss. He's easier than before, though he can still kill you in two hits. You'll have to climb up a series of platforms infested with Spriggans, Harpies, and normal Rock Golems to reach the big guy, but it's easy, really. Just use charged Ice shots to freeze anyone in your way and make your way to the platform before the golem. You'll skip most of the horde that way. Stand on the far side of the platform (so you can only see the boss's legs); you should be out of range of his rock throw. Now just jump and fire charged shots at the boss and any enemy that spawns near him and he'll go down without too much fuss. Charged Wind Shots for the boss and the smaller golems, charged Earth minions for the Spriggans/Harpies.

5. Now you face Mor'du himself. Prepare to die 1000 deaths! Just kidding, he just keels over once you destroy the final Rune Stone. How...anticlimactic.

Edited by hyousai

I figured I'd give some help here, as the bosses can be pretty nightmarish on Brave difficulty, so I figured I'd share the method that finally beat them so others have less trouble.

Stone Golem: This guy is nasty. There are a few techniques to make him much more manageable.

2. Double jump. His boulders have a wide radius and will kill you in 2 hits. Rolling won't always get you away, but double jumping will keep you safe if you're airborne when the rock hits the ground.

3. Use your sword on the boars/ring gates. It's much faster than the bow. Use the bow on the smaller golems once all the gates are down. Focus on the boss only once his backup is dead.

4. Don't melee the boss, his stomp is a lot harder to read/dodge than the rocks.

1. Make sure you have the Charged Earth Shot. Any level will do, but the higher the better. The Queen and all her minions (normal Harpies and those little gold-stealing Gremlins) are weak to Earth, and your exploding minions will absolutely wreck everything. Just keep charging and firing off minions until her backup stops respawning.

2. She has basically the same attacks as normal Harpies, though I never saw her divebomb. Her rapid shot is easily dodged just through basic running around. Her single shot has a very wide radius, so make sure to roll to ensure it misses.

This is good to know. Thanks!

on part 2, so kill all the baby boars first and then kill giant boar? Making sure i got that right. I been doing it that way but 3/4 of those spike tree's spawn and throw spears and kill me quickly after the baby boars killed off. I dont last long and barley do damage to giant boar cause of the spears. There a easier way? There anything i should power up for this part? I have all arrows maxed and have the roll power up. Not sure if any other powers i should buy for this part. This part sucks. Cant get past part 2 and been trying for at least a hour so far.

on part 2, so kill all the baby boars first and then kill giant boar? Making sure i got that right. I been doing it that way but 3/4 of those spike tree's spawn and throw spears and kill me quickly after the baby boars killed off. I dont last long and barley do damage to giant boar cause of the spears. There a easier way? There anything i should power up for this part? I have all arrows maxed and have the roll power up. Not sure if any other powers i should buy for this part. This part sucks. Cant get past part 2 and been trying for at least a hour so far.

It's the method that worked for me. Barely. Honestly, that part is a pain. The only way is to find a method that sucks less for you. If the Spriggans' spears are really too much, kill them and take a chance on the boars/golems. The boss does not have infinite spawning goons. If you can survive by killing everything until the boss is alone, that could work, but I never had the patience.

One other thing I just remembered is that the boss has trouble getting you if you're on the edge with him. He can ram you sometimes, or knock you off, but it does much less damage than his fire trail. He seems to have trouble running near the edge in general, so you may have an easier time if you can lure him into running around the edge of the platform after you.

If I had to give the bosses frustration scores out of 10, it'd be:

Golem Guardian: 7.5/10

Harpy Queen: 4.5/10

Ice Wolf: 5/10

Fire Boar: 15/10

Harpy Queen mk. 2: 5/10

Golem Guardian mk. 2: 4/10

Right now I'm playing on Brave difficulty but can't get passed the mass of golems in the last level just after getting the final bow, any tips would be helpful.

Ah, I was actually considering making a "guide" for that part. Basically, you want to use Wind arrow/sword attacks to take out the 2-4 Rock Golems first, then switch to Fire and immediately get to work on the Ice Golems. When the Fire Golems start to spawn, ignore the remaining Ice Golems and take them down. Then clear up the remaining Ice Golems, and finally the newer Rock Golems.

The problem is survival. What worked for me when I beat it was almost ceaseless rolling. Roll, shoot, roll, slash, roll, slash, etc. This is good for dodging all but the Fire Golems' attacks, which is why they're a priority when they appear. As with the fire boar, a lot of surviving the fight seems to be luck.

Ah, I was actually considering making a "guide" for that part. Basically, you want to use Wind arrow/sword attacks to take out the 2-4 Rock Golems first, then switch to Fire and immediately get to work on the Ice Golems. When the Fire Golems start to spawn, ignore the remaining Ice Golems and take them down. Then clear up the remaining Ice Golems, and finally the newer Rock Golems.

The problem is survival. What worked for me when I beat it was almost ceaseless rolling. Roll, shoot, roll, slash, roll, slash, etc. This is good for dodging all but the Fire Golems' attacks, which is why they're a priority when they appear. As with the fire boar, a lot of surviving the fight seems to be luck.

Thanks for the tip I'll keep trying.

Fire boar was not as bad as I thought it would be. Stayed near the edge and he just did half circles in front of me. Did power shots for about a minute, and had him down. I think the secret is staying near the edge so he can not charge

For the 15-golem room on Brave, hopefully you fully-upgraded your ice bow attacks. Take down what you can first, then just go rage on them with charged ice regardless of their charm. Just getting as many of them frozen for those few seconds will negate the less damage you'll do. Believe me, this will save some hassle.

For the 15-golem room on Brave, hopefully you fully-upgraded your ice bow attacks. Take down what you can first, then just go rage on them with charged ice regardless of their charm. Just getting as many of them frozen for those few seconds will negate the less damage you'll do. Believe me, this will save some hassle.

I had used the Power attack to deal with them and the wind charm as I kept spamming the bow. I didn't use any charge attacks but managed it after about 20 of cheap ass deaths. I went for the spawners right away.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the rock golem I ignored all enemies and kept shooting my bow at a ring gate until it was destroyed. The bow allowed for strafing to avoid all enemies which the sword couldn't offer so it was quicker. This technique got me the victory on the first try. (Or the 17th if you count the ones where I didn't realize you could destroy the ring gate without destroying all the enemies it spawns) I did the same for the boards, used my power attack on the small golems and then just kept my aim on the big golem. In the end I got a streak of three, so defeated the three golems without getting hit.

• 7 months later...

Finally got it platinum :)

The ede thing kinda works, but powershots are a must! Take out all small boars, and ignore the treeguys. But keep running beside the edge and fall of if you see youre going to get hit.

For the 3th boss (flying one): ignore the boss and focus on all the small enemies with only powershots with Earth charm. 5 small guys will appear and attack enemies. The small birds aren't infinite so at some point it'll be just you and the big bird.

4th boss: (rock guy): kill everything on your way: only powershots with Earth charm. And stop on the last rock beofre you get to the platform of the boss. You can keep spamming earht powershots untill he dies.

• 3 weeks later...

When taking on Mordu... the whole gauntlet ordeal... there are checkpoints through the gauntlet right? As I just defeated the Rock Golem boss battle... so I have a few levels to go before I face off against Mordu... but just want to see if there are checkpoints or not...

Edit: Well, just found out that there are checkpoints after each mini-boss... so that was good. Finished the game. Gotta do lean up in the game a bit later on.

Edited by DrakeHellsing

• 2 months later...

Mor'du: A punishing guantlet. 3/4 of the battle are no real problem. The other 1/4? A nightmare.

1. First he'll use the Ice Rune Stone, creating a huge Ice Wolf, backed up by regular Ice Wolves, Ice Boars, and the occasional Ice Golem. Use your Fire Charm, and take out anyone that approaches, though the lesser enemies will die when you take out the big wolf. His attacks are the same as the lesser ones, just with a larger range/damage. Once it's down, you get a checkpoint, Mor'du is stunned and the Rune Stone appears. Destroy it.

2. He'll use the Fire Rune Stone now to create a large Fire Boar. He's backed up by regular Fire Boars, Spriggans, and Fire Golems. This part SUCKS. Hardest part of the game. Basically, here's what you do, target only the smaller Fire Boars at first, and ignore the Spriggans. If you kill the Spriggans, Fire Golems and more boars will spawn. Now it's just you, the giant boar, and 3 Spriggans. Keep as much distance as you can from the boar so dodging is easier, shooting him with charged Ice Charm blasts every time you dodge. Do not touch the flame trails, they will kill you quite quickly, which is why we want to focus on making sure there's only the one boar. A lot of this battle is luck. Rejoice when you finally bring down the giant boar, because the worst of the battle is behind you. Crush the Rune Stone as punishment for its transgressions.

3. After destroying the Fire Rune Stone, you're thrown into a rematch with the Harpy Queen. It's almost as easy as the first time, made more difficult by the newly cracked ground. Charged shots aren't quite as useful, so stick to normal Earth Charm shots and run in a circle around the boss, shooting her when you can and taking out the normal Harpies when they get close or you need health. Eventually, the normal Harpies stop spawning and it's just you and the queen. Easy-peasy.

4. Time for the Earth Rune Stone. As you might have guessed, it's time for a rematch with the Golem Boss. He's easier than before, though he can still kill you in two hits. You'll have to climb up a series of platforms infested with Spriggans, Harpies, and normal Rock Golems to reach the big guy, but it's easy, really. Just use charged Ice shots to freeze anyone in your way and make your way to the platform before the golem. You'll skip most of the horde that way. Stand on the far side of the platform (so you can only see the boss's legs); you should be out of range of his rock throw. Now just jump and fire charged shots at the boss and any enemy that spawns near him and he'll go down without too much fuss. Charged Wind Shots for the boss and the smaller golems, charged Earth minions for the Spriggans/Harpies.

5. Now you face Mor'du himself. Prepare to die 1000 deaths! Just kidding, he just keels over once you destroy the final Rune Stone. How...anticlimactic.

Thankyou so much for your little guide I got stuck on that overgrown Fire Hog thingy for like 2 hours started getting a bit shouty as I wasn't even taking 25% life of him but with your method I did it on the second goes and was like well that was easy don't know what I was fussing about

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...