One of the most awesome PSN games ever!

Phiona

Its good, but overpriced considering the content. I enjoyed most aspects about it, although I'm glad Trine was released nearby so that I could get my 2D Platformer fix satisfied with a great 2D adventure, rather than a mediocre one.

Odd, I personally felt Trine was generic and too easy. I can agree that the price for Braid is overpriced considering the game lasts at most 3 hours but it is by far one of the most amazing works of art, storytelling, and video gaming I've ever experienced. If you've already bought it, you might as well play it to the very end. It doesn't last very long and I'm sure you will agree that the climax of the game is spectacular.

Odd, I personally felt Trine was generic and too easy. I can agree that the price for Braid is overpriced considering the game lasts at most 3 hours but it is by far one of the most amazing works of art, storytelling, and video gaming I've ever experienced. If you've already bought it, you might as well play it to the very end. It doesn't last very long and I'm sure you will agree that the climax of the game is spectacular.

I finished it. The final level is, indeed, a marvel to play and watch. As I said, if the game inbetween the 4th and 6th worlds were just like the 2nd and 3rd, with that climax, I would have enjoyed it far more. I got about 4 or 5 hours out of it, but the time gameplay got on my nerves sometimes and some of the puzzles just had no logic to them, considering there were no tutorials for new abilities.

But when a game demands a 45 minute, or less, Speed Run of the entire thing... $15 really seems overpriced, by about 8 bucks. I didn't feel cheated, as I still got some enjoyment out of it and some puzzles were great, but overall, as I said, its very lackluster and more of a 7.5 or 8/10, than the 9 and up it got from many places.

This game is really great, really deep, in both story/concept and gameplay. If you just play through the regular story, it probably will seem a bit short. But if you attempt to get the stars for the alternate ending, you will see how challenging and deep it can be. Amazing.

I've played through it three times on PC now (regular, stars, speed run), and once on PS3 (just stars). And I can say that each time I've gotten something different out of the story/text.

• 2 weeks later...
$15 for this pile of awesome! Really fun and a great puzzler, really messes with your mind some of the puzzles, but that's just my opinion.

My only complaint is that it should be under PSN Puzzler, not PSN action.

It's one of the most awesome games ever, not just for PSN. Not all games have to be action games for them to be great.

Love this game. Very relaxing. It has the same appeal as Flower for me. It's a game that is a break from normal games.

I'll just sit there, listen to the music, and ponder on how to solve the puzzles.

I completely agree with you on that.

Edited by salamark

• 1 month later...

Yes! I got the speedrun!:dance:

I had a good time with this game and played threw it entirely 3 times plus countless practising of certain levels. It was very satisfying, enjoyable and thoughtful. I would say, out of the 4 PSN games I have and of the others I've tried, it's one of the best downloadable games on all of PSN.

I did get it for 50% off which was a bonus. Normally I shy away from the downloadable games because you can't sell them after you're down with em!

I say it's worth every penny. It's a new take on the platforming genre. Take it from me, a guy who has New Super Mario Bros. sitting on the shelf collecting dust after playing through just the 1st world.

I really enjoyed Braid. $15 is a bit high for how short the game is, I finished the whole thing in about 5 hours without any spoilers. I still have the time trial to do though. I would have liked to see more levels and maybe some puzzles that combined abilities from a few of the worlds, but overall a really fun game.

• 2 weeks later...

If I hadn't already bought it for the PC, I would've done it for the PS3. Enjoyed it - loved the concept, and how the story is developing. Solving the puzzles asked for some insight, but it felt rewarding. And the dreamlike tone of it all appealed to me too. Whenever I'd listen to the music when not playing the game, it takes me to that world again.

So yeah, play it!

• 2 years later...