XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Digital Only PS3 Games > B (PSN) > Braid

Old 12-24-2009, 07:20 AM   #21 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to acerazer1

Thanks for the update Reactionary
Old 01-15-2010, 09:09 PM   #22 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Silver Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Silver   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Silver Submission   Bright Idea!   5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

Heya, I need some advice please. On the World 6 - Part 2 video @ 1:50 I am completely unable to get this to work with the lever. The video shows the guy activating the lever to cause the upper and lower right platforms to move down and left respectively but he activates the lever again causing the verticle platform to rise again but the horizontal platform stays put (which is necessary for the other puzzle piece). On my screen the horizontal platform starts to go back to the left. I can't get this to work! HALP!

EDIT: Yeah, I've tried to reverse the lever right as the 2 platforms tough dozens and dozens of times but the horizontal platform wont stay put, it keeps going back to the right. Is this a glitch or is there a certain technique needed here?

Last edited by Yoshi_Girl; 01-15-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Yoshi_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:23 AM   #23 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Member of the Month Winner   Platinum Submission   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

Hmm.. I tried it just now and it indeed doesn't stay there..
Maybe this is patched since I did it also the way the vid shows.

But there's another way to get the lower right platform to go all the way to the left.

Go to the lever right and press so the two platforms will move and touch eachother.
Now jump onto them and go the platform with the ladder on it.
Press and go back to the lever and press again.
Wait till they both are back at their original position and press again.
This way the top platform goes really slow which gives the lower platform time to go underneath it.

I hope this is what you needed to know

magmar126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:41 AM   #24 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Silver Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Silver   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Silver Submission   Bright Idea!   5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmar126 View Post
Hmm.. I tried it just now and it indeed doesn't stay there..
Maybe this is patched since I did it also the way the vid shows.

But there's another way to get the lower right platform to go all the way to the left.

Go to the lever right and press so the two platforms will move and touch eachother.
Now jump onto them and go the platform with the ladder on it.
Press and go back to the lever and press again.
Wait till they both are back at their original position and press again.
This way the top platform goes really slow which gives the lower platform time to go underneath it.

I hope this is what you needed to know
Thanks for responding. Yeah, the method you just mentioned is pretty much the method I used in the new video I referenced to get passed that part. I was getting frustrated and wasn't sure what to do. All I lack now is the Speed Run trophy which I'll mess with tomorrow or something.

Thanks again!^^
Old 01-20-2010, 03:18 AM   #25 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Maximum Clubs Top 5   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Killzone Gaming Night Award

Hey magmar, I think these videos are more helpful for the speed run trophy.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:17 AM   #26 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

this game for $7.50 is quite tempting. i do have a question for the speed run trophy though. do you have to do it all in one sitting or can you go by just your fastest time for each section?

in that world record speed run youtube vid, it says its all of his best runs complied together thus making it a world record, but other comments on here make me think you have to run it straight through.
8BitArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:43 AM   #27 (permalink)

is the speed run really that hard to get??? cus i might get this game and if i cant get 100% then i might not get it

Vaan1423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:14 AM   #28 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Maximum Clubs Top 5   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Killzone Gaming Night Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BitArtist View Post
this game for $7.50 is quite tempting. i do have a question for the speed run trophy though. do you have to do it all in one sitting or can you go by just your fastest time for each section?

in that world record speed run youtube vid, it says its all of his best runs complied together thus making it a world record, but other comments on here make me think you have to run it straight through.
You need to do in one sitting, it's a full game speed run. The guy on the video took his best time on each level.

The trophy is not very hard, but it takes A LOT of practice, making it hard.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:04 AM   #29 (permalink)

I need some advice. On the World Record 1/3 video @ 4:22 the guy jumps off the top of the ladder high enough to grab the puzzle piece. Can anyone explain how he's doing this? I've tried multiple times but to no avail. Is it a special technique or something? He's using this off-the-ladder jump in several areas saving himself a ton of time.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-23-2010, 05:33 AM   #30 (permalink)

im really wanting this game but not sure if i will be able to 100% it........how many times does it usually take to beat the speed run trophy?

Vaan1423 is offline   Reply With Quote