XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 07-31-2009, 09:34 PM   #1
parker
Banned

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver   Gold Submission   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Bright Idea!   Killzone Gaming Night Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Default Confirmed - Braid announced

Braid has been announced for PS3!

Quote:
The German ratings board USK has rated Braid, the indie Xbox 360 hit, for the PlayStation Network.
The time-bending platformer, which appears to be under the porting skills of Hothead Games, was a big hit for Jonathan Blow when it was released on the Xbox 360’s Live Arcade last August.
Hothead Games had no trouble casting the familiar head-scratching magic onto their Mac port, so we have no question in assuming the PS3 version will be just as good.In the game, the player acts as protagonist Tim, who, as his moniker suggests, has an element of Time about him.
Each of the story-based puzzle worlds introduce a new element to the time-based tasks, and whilst they start off simple (rewinding time) later sections introduce doppelgangers and sections of the levels that don’t respond to the reversal of time.
It’s a wickedly clever game, and one that had me gasping out loud as I played through the Xbox version last year.
The overall theme, when you finally get it, will blow you away too.This is great news for PS3-only gamers, look out for the PSN version soon…
^^Via TheSixthAxis

Last edited by parker; 07-31-2009 at 09:37 PM.
parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
olsen77

Awards Showcase Tuff's Muff Licker List   Olsen's Bullet Hell   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Almost Golden   15,000 Posts   Guide Supplement Bronze   Platinum Road Map Submitter   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)

IGN: Confirmed: Braid Coming To PSN [Update]
Quote:
IGN just received word from a Hothead Games representative confirming the North American and European release of Braid for PSN. The spokesperson could not, however, comment on when the game will be released, but expect to hear more news in the coming months.

olsen77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
Rockets88

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Silver   Gold Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   5,000 Posts   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker View Post
Braid has been announced for PS3!
What is it like?
Old 07-31-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
parker
Banned

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver   Gold Submission   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Bright Idea!   Killzone Gaming Night Award   1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets88 View Post
What is it like?
Old 07-31-2009, 09:40 PM   #5
Pirate

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Member of the Month Winner   A+ Thread Award   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Killzone Gaming Night Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Hmm it seems that you and another guy made a thread about Braid simultaneously

Anyways, didn't it win XBLA Game of the Year for GI(Game Informer)?

I've heard really good things about it and this is great news for all PSN buyers. Might easily be in the Top 5 most purchased PSN games in the first few days it's out....

Edit: Disregard my first comment, olsen moved it....

Big thanks to Shadowtroop 110 for the sig and Dagger for the avatar

Last edited by Pirate; 07-31-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:44 PM   #6
parker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Hmm it seems that you and another guy made a thread about Braid simultaneously

Anyways, didn't it win XBLA Game of the Year for GI(Game Informer)?

I've heard really good things about it and this is great news for all PSN buyers. Might easily be in the Top 5 most purchased PSN games in the first few days it's out....

Edit: Disregard my first comment, olsen moved it....
Yeah, I noticed - Olsen merged them
Yeah i'm sure it did win that award.
It was a hit on XBLA anyway.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:46 PM   #7
Pirate

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Member of the Month Winner   A+ Thread Award   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Killzone Gaming Night Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker View Post
Yeah, I noticed - Olsen merged them
Yeah i'm sure it did win that award.
It was a hit on XBLA anyway.
Yeah, it's been out for roughly two years now and is still one of the top rated game on Xbox Live.....

Big thanks to Shadowtroop 110 for the sig and Dagger for the avatar
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:48 PM   #8
parker
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, it's been out for roughly two years now and is still one of the top rated game on Xbox Live.....
Two years? Wow.
It's a strange little game, I'm intrigued
Old 07-31-2009, 09:59 PM   #9
Indy815

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I'd heard rumors this was going to happen, but was beginning to lose hope...great news!

Currently playing: Shadow of the Colossus, Chrono Cross (PSP)
Next up: Uncharted 3
Indy815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:06 AM   #10
mjc0961

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Silver   Beat the Muff   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Gold  Road Map Submitter   15,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   LittleBigPlanet Winter Wonderland, Third Place
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)

Quote:
One year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sterling
Tattooing the name "PS Vita" on my unimpressive penis would be more promotion than what Sony's given the system.
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote