Confirmed - Braid announced

parker

Braid has been announced for PS3!

The German ratings board USK has rated Braid, the indie Xbox 360 hit, for the PlayStation Network.

The time-bending platformer, which appears to be under the porting skills of Hothead Games, was a big hit for Jonathan Blow when it was released on the Xbox 360’s Live Arcade last August.

Hothead Games had no trouble casting the familiar head-scratching magic onto their Mac port, so we have no question in assuming the PS3 version will be just as good.In the game, the player acts as protagonist Tim, who, as his moniker suggests, has an element of Time about him.

Each of the story-based puzzle worlds introduce a new element to the time-based tasks, and whilst they start off simple (rewinding time) later sections introduce doppelgangers and sections of the levels that don’t respond to the reversal of time.

It’s a wickedly clever game, and one that had me gasping out loud as I played through the Xbox version last year.

The overall theme, when you finally get it, will blow you away too.This is great news for PS3-only gamers, look out for the PSN version soon…

^^Via TheSixthAxis

Edited by parker

IGN: Confirmed: Braid Coming To PSN [update]

IGN just received word from a Hothead Games representative confirming the North American and European release of Braid for PSN. The spokesperson could not, however, comment on when the game will be released, but expect to hear more news in the coming months.

Hmm it seems that you and another guy made a thread about Braid simultaneously :D

Anyways, didn't it win XBLA Game of the Year for GI(Game Informer)?

I've heard really good things about it and this is great news for all PSN buyers. Might easily be in the Top 5 most purchased PSN games in the first few days it's out....

Edit: Disregard my first comment, olsen moved it....

Edited by Pirate

Hmm it seems that you and another guy made a thread about Braid simultaneously :D

Anyways, didn't it win XBLA Game of the Year for GI(Game Informer)?

I've heard really good things about it and this is great news for all PSN buyers. Might easily be in the Top 5 most purchased PSN games in the first few days it's out....

Edit: Disregard my first comment, olsen moved it....

Yeah, I noticed - Olsen merged them :)

Yeah i'm sure it did win that award.

It was a hit on XBLA anyway.

OMFG, this is the best news i have seen in a long time. I am going to buy this day one no matter what. This is one of the few games that i am hooked on since it has a great concept, story, and gameplay. Anyone who likes puzzle games or anything creative should try this game as it won't disappoint.

There is no "rated game" system on the 360, please refrain from talking about things you clearly know nothing about.

He clearly just means its one of the best reviewed games on Xbox Live Arcade.

Now please don't reply to posts you clearly know nothing about.;):p

As for the game, well its a must buy. Its just brilliant and full of so many great ideas.

I think the only better downloadable game is Wipeout HD to be honest.

The news that both Braid and Castle Crashers are coming to PSN is pretty amazing to be honest, cos they are both awesome.

Edited by fanboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Awesome... after playing this on Xb360 and falling in love, i really cant wait for the PS3 version off... i wonder if the PS3 trophies will be the same as the 360 achievements for it?

Guess it will be the same, but one never knows for sure. I think I´ll be picking this up, looks interesting :)

• 1 month later...