"Scaling" patch is now live on all platforms

regeneration64

Patch/Title Update 1.05 (AKA patch 1.41 on PC) is now live on all platforms.

Here's some more details from Gearbox's Community Manager:

The 1.41 Title Update is now available for Borderlands. This Title Update affects all players and is a free update that will automatically download the next time you launch Borderlands on the XB360, PS3, or Steam. PC Retail customers may download the update here.

Title Update 1.41 Notes:

• Level cap increase of 8 levels for all players.
    [-]Original Borderlands players will now be able to achieve level 58.
    [-]Owners of The Secret Armory of General Knoxx can achieve a record setting increase to a maximum level of 69.
  • Enemies now scale to new level caps throughout the whole game as long as playthrough 2 has been completed.
  • Item drops (with the exception of COM Decks) will now scale to new enemy level caps.
  • DLC4 Achievement/Trophy glitches that have affected some users will now properly award players for obtaining these achievements.

Borderlands fans, new and old, will now be able to hunt and kill more in Pandora than ever before with this new free Title Update for Borderlands! Players with the original Borderlands will now be able to achieve Level 58 on all their characters, up from Level 50, while owners of The Secret Armory of General Knoxx can achieve a record setting maximum level of 69, up from 61! Players who have also completed playthrough 2 will now be able to challenge themselves in every place in Pandora! Every enemy and boss will scale to the players level, giving players the chance to enjoy past zones all over again.

Edited by regeneration64

I downloaded the 1.05 update about an hour ago. Not getting prompted for 1.41. Possibly not live in the EU yet? :think:

It was called patch 1.05 for me too. May be different for US (or "patch 1.41" may be the PC number).

Either way, we have our scaling patch and I can confirm that it certainly works!

It was called patch 1.05 for me too. May be different for US (or "patch 1.41" may be the PC number).

Either way, we have our scaling patch and I can confirm that it certainly works!

Ah, so they're the same thing! I did wonder. That makes sense then :)

Glad this patch has just come through. Means I don't have to worry when I start the Claptrap DLC or start getting close to lv 61. Only lv 41 right now, so I got a way to go yet!

LOVE this game :)

Just a question, now that people with the original game can go over the level cap, will they get the trophies for over-levelling?
I wouldn't have thought so. From what I've seen on other games, you need to install the DLC locally before having access to the relevant trophies. So you're still gonna need Knoxx DLC to get the Overlevelled to 51 trophy. Edited by PoorPaddy89

I've just looked into it and I can confirm that it is called patch 1.05 on PS3, where ever you are located. (It's referred to by Gearbox as patch 1.41 because they have always referred to it as that. It's 1.41 on PC and 1.5 on 360).

EDIT:

Just a question, now that people with the original game can go over the level cap, will they get the trophies for over-levelling?

I presume you are on about the two levelling-up Trophies in Knoxx?

If so, no, you need Knoxx DLC to get those Trophies. Just like you need Knoxx DLC to level up to 69 (as opposed to 58).

Edited by regeneration64

Thank you for the update. I bought the Claptrap DLC on Day 1 but refused to play it due to the patch getting delayed/not released at the time. Either way, time to resume the adventure again.

No worries. I'm in exactly the same situation. It much better now having the challenge and decent loot than it was when I tried it for 10 minutes when it was released and was just one-shotting everything!

So does this patch also make the item drops for the Claptrap DLC more frequent?

Not that I am aware of. It merely sorts out the problems people were experiencing with collecting Trophies in Robot Revolution and, of course, raises the level cap and scales the game to the player's level.

awesome you can get to level 69 now! Are there any more additional trophies for the secret armory? :think:

There are no additional Trophies for the Secret Armoury.

The enemy leveling definitely makes the zombie island dlc more challenging.

Now I can Finish my Claptrap and moxxi dlc:)

I hadn't even started Robot Revolution because was waiting for the patch. All of the weapons would have become obsolete otherwise. Agreed with ZI. My highlight is being able to collect decent level gear again from vanilla BL. Haven't been able to do do that since January/February!!

You could have finished Moxxi before because that did scale but sshh... :p

anybody know if the crawmerax glitch still works with this patch? if not, im gonna have to beat him a few more times until i finally get a pearlescent, i've literally beaten crawmerax nearly 10 times and have yet to find one :(

Yes it does. The patch only added scaling, 8 more levels and fixed the Trophy bug with Robot Revolution.

People have beaten Craw hundreds of times and have yet to find a pearlescent so good luck! ;)