Borderlands help thread for the "And They'll Tell Two Friends" trophy

Mustafa94

This thread is for people who need the "And They'll Tell Two Friends" trophy in the japanese and normal version of the game. Maybe we can create some sort of help chain and the people who get the trophy can help out other people and so on. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a long journey for all of us, but we made it and now the servers are back online!

This means that we don't need the complicated XLink Kai method anymore. Finally!!!

But that's not the end for me! I'll still continue my service and try to help you all out! :)

My help status for the different Borderlands 1 versions:

Borderlands 1 and Borderlands 1 GOTY (EU and US): available

Borderlands 1 GOTY (JP): not available

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD AND OUTDATED:

I would like to use the LAN method with XLink Kai.

Guides:

A guide from "mcnichoj" to set XLink Kai up:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/borderlands/230280-would-anyone-interested-testing-xlink-kai.html

Another useful and important guide from "DyinTryin" to configure your PS3 properly:

teamxlink.co.uk :: View topic - PS3 Guide: Router > WIFI > Vista PC > ETHERNET

Ignore the start of the guide and skip to the section "Configure Your PS3 to Use a Wired Connection" and follow it to the end!

A video from "Thiago Batista" showing the method in action:

Important information:

Important: Your Borderlands save is needed when you want to help out others. The trophy information is tied to your save files and not your PSN ID!

To get this chain started, we'll need someone who has the japanese or normal version of the game and the save files for it.

Thanks in advance for your interest and help! :)

EDIT: I was able to find my old copy of Borderlands 1 and the save files for it. I'll now help out people that need the "And They'll Tell Two Friends" trophy for the NORMAL version of the game!

Borderlands 1 and Borderlands 1 GOTY (EU and US): available

How to get in contact with me:

Write me a message over the PSN (PSN-ID: "MUSTAFA_1994") and please don't send me a friend request. It makes it harder for me to organize it that way... :(

Send me a PM.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will always post a time and date in this thread to keep you updated for upcoming sessions! :)

Players I helped (PSN-ID):

-Arcurion

-xidfrid

-aaikippeknaai

-Frank_Grimes_jr

-heyPJ

-and many more players... ;)

Could a moderator like "Terminator" change the subject ot this thread from " Borderlands GOTY (JP) help thread for the "And They'll Tell Two Friends" trophy! :)" to " Borderlands GOTY (JP) and Borderlands (EU and US) help thread for the "And They'll Tell Two Friends" trophy!"?

Thanks in advance for your effort! :)

Edited by Fynn84
Please don't double post, use the edit button. Thanks

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone needs help send me a pm on here or the PS3. Will try to help out where possible. Make sure to follow the setup guide. Sure I can find the time. :)

I'm curious about X-Link. How exactly do I obtain X-Link and how does it work? I want to get the co-op trophies for this game out of the way.

[EDIT] Never mind. I need to read more. The links are up top.

Edited by JayPBM

I'm curious about X-Link. How exactly do I obtain X-Link and how does it work? I want to get the co-op trophies for this game out of the way.

Follow the link in the first post. The guide bit. Simply register your account on their website, then download the latest version. Don't bother messing with anything, only mess with the configuration on your ps3 which also shows up in the guide at the bottom.

I can't use my ps3 in online mode because of xlink kai. I'll send you an instruction message over the psn.

Use this to configure your ps3 properly. Without this, the xlink client won't be able to recognize your ps3.

From my guide:

Ignore the start of the guide and skip to the section "Configure Your PS3 to Use a Wired Connection"!

Edited by Mustafa94

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is for people who need the "And They'll Tell Two Friends" trophy in the japanese and normal version of the game. Maybe we can create some sort of help chain and the people who get the trophy can help out other people and so on. :)

I would like to use the LAN method with XLink Kai.

Guides:

A guide from "mcnichoj" to set XLink Kai up:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/borderlands/230280-would-anyone-interested-testing-xlink-kai.html

Another useful and important guide from "DyinTryin" to configure your PS3 properly:

Ignore the start of the guide and skip to the section "Configure Your PS3 to Use a Wired Connection"!

A video from "Thiago Batista" showing the method in action:

Important information:

Important: Your Borderlands save is needed when you want to help out others. The trophy information is tied to your save files and not your PSN ID!

To get this chain started, we'll need someone who has the japanese or normal version of the game and the save files for it.

Thanks in advance for your interest and help! :)

EDIT: I was able to find my old copy of Borderlands 1 and the save files for it. I'll now help out people that need the "And They'll Tell Two Friends" trophy for the NORMAL version of the game!

Borderlands 1 (EU and US): available

How to get in contact with me:

-write me a message over PSN (PSN-ID: "MUSTAFA_1994")

-send me a PM

Players I helped (PSN-ID):

-Arcurion

-

-

-

First of all, i would like to say that people like you made me fall in love with the ps3 community, at least a part of it;)

It's good to see that their are still people out there, who are helping other players just for the sake of helping them and for that i salute you.

As you may have guessed, im also in need of the tell2friendstrophy and i was hoping that you could help me out.

I allready have xlinkkai installed on my pc and i created a xlinkaccount (also aaikippeknaai) but im far from a computer expert so im struggling to get my ps3 configured the right way. Luckily i have a friend who is more into this kind of problems/subjects, so he will be holding my hand during the process:o

My question to you is, can you host a game for me wich i can join to get the trophy?

Due to the fact that my mate must be present i wanted to ask you if you have the time to setup a game on 1 of the following moments (wichever suits you the best)

-Wednesday evening 3 Nov between 19.00 and 22.00.

-Saturday 6 Nov between 16.00 and all night.

-Sunday 7 Nov the whole day

-Wednesday 10 Nov between 12.00 and 20.00.

-Saturday 13 Nov between 15.00 and all night.

-Sunday 14 Nov between 15.00 and all night.

Im dutch and if i remember correctly you are german so our timezones should be the same. If you could spare 5mins of your time on any of the above dates then you are the hero my world needs:D

Plz lemme know if you can/want to help me;)

Much obliged!!!

psn: aaikippeknaai

First of all, i would like to say that people like you made me fall in love with the ps3 community, at least a part of it;)

It's good to see that their are still people out there, who are helping other players just for the sake of helping them and for that i salute you.

As you may have guessed, im also in need of the tell2friendstrophy and i was hoping that you could help me out.

I allready have xlinkkai installed on my pc and i created a xlinkaccount (also aaikippeknaai) but im far from a computer expert so im struggling to get my ps3 configured the right way. Luckily i have a friend who is more into this kind of problems/subjects, so he will be holding my hand during the process:o

My question to you is, can you host a game for me wich i can join to get the trophy?

Due to the fact that my mate must be present i wanted to ask you if you have the time to setup a game on 1 of the following moments (wichever suits you the best)

-Wednesday evening 3 Nov between 19.00 and 22.00.

-Saturday 6 Nov between 16.00 and all night.

-Sunday 7 Nov the whole day

-Wednesday 10 Nov between 12.00 and 20.00.

-Saturday 13 Nov between 15.00 and all night.

-Sunday 14 Nov between 15.00 and all night.

Im dutch and if i remember correctly you are german so our timezones should be the same. If you could spare 5mins of your time on any of the above dates then you are the hero my world needs:D

Plz lemme know if you can/want to help me;)

Much obliged!!!

psn: aaikippeknaai

Thank you very much for that! :D

Wednesday on december 3rd is fine for me! :)

My ps3 suffers from YLOD at the moment and is making a lot of problems now. It takes up to 15 tries until it launches the console. :(

But hey... it runs very stable after booting up the console. At least something positive...

Thank you very much for that! :D

Wednesday on december 3rd is fine for me! :)

My ps3 suffers from YLOD at the moment and is making a lot of problems now. It takes up to 15 tries until it launches the console. :(

But hey... it runs very stable after booting up the console. At least something positive...

Ahhh the dreaded YLOD:( , thank god im still dodging that bullit!!

but wednesday the 3rd (tomorrow) it is!!

Would around 20.00 o clock, be ok for you?

I will make sure my mate is around to guide me through the xlinksetup and do some troubleshooting in the case something goes wrong.

We will aim to get it all working just before 20.00, if anything goes wrong or if we need to communicate, lets use this thread/site cause obviously we cant use ps3chat.

If something comes up or if you would rather do it at another time or day just lemme know;)

Much thanks to you mate, even if we (I) dont get it working, i think its great you are willingly to help another player in need:applause:

Ahhh the dreaded YLOD:( , thank god im still dodging that bullit!!

but wednesday the 3rd (tomorrow) it is!!

Would around 20.00 o clock, be ok for you?

I will make sure my mate is around to guide me through the xlinksetup and do some troubleshooting in the case something goes wrong.

We will aim to get it all working just before 20.00, if anything goes wrong or if we need to communicate, lets use this thread/site cause obviously we cant use ps3chat.

If something comes up or if you would rather do it at another time or day just lemme know;)

Much thanks to you mate, even if we (I) dont get it working, i think its great you are willingly to help another player in need:applause:

I'm currently hosting a session till 11 p.m. gmt +1! :)

I'm currently hosting a session till 11 p.m. gmt +1! :)

:applause: Trophy unlocked! :applause:

Mate, you are the best!! We had some setting up problems and thats why i was more then a hour too late and you still didnt give up on me! I really apreciate the fact that you gave up your personal time just to give me the trophy.

If u ever need help in a game that i own just pm me and ill help u out asap.

Even if its a gta4 "wanted" kinda grind or a dreaded blackops easter egg, im down with the sickness:cool:

If anyone else needs help with the tell2friends trophy i can really recommend contacting mustafa! (why dont u help ppl out yourself aai? , well tbh i couldnt get it working the 1st time without help from a friend so by the time i can help out, you probably allready have it or lost interest)

Oh well time for me to get my borderlands plat without worrying about that dreaded viral trophy thingy ahhhhhhh easy times , good times!!

Thank you, my friend.

Edited by aaikippeknaai

Alright, so in the next hosting session I am going to help these people (PSN-ID) who contacted me over pm or the psn:

- mauspaniol

- xblakestone

- shadow0988

- TribalMyth

- Amazing-Game23

- GodChoseMe777

- Sephiroth__92

Feel free to send me more requests for the trophy! :)

Edited by Mustafa94
Added more players! :)

Alright, so in the next hosting session I am going to help these people (PSN-ID) who contacted me over pm or the psn:

- heyPJ93

- mauspaniol

- xblakestone

- shadow0988

- TribalMyth

- xidfrid

- Amazing-Game23

- GodChoseMe777

Feel free to send me more requests for the trophy! :)

You are making a lot of people happy mate!!

Keep up the good work:applause: