General Questions

BlackMageMog

I have some general questions I want to ask before I (possibly) start playing this.

1. As of today (13/7/2014) are the servers still up?

2. What is the best way to go about getting all of the Co-op trophies by myself? (Especially the one that requires two people to go through fifteen missions together.)

3. If I am just going to go for all of the trophies (DLC included) is there any particular need for me to farm weapons?

1: Yes they are.

2: Use the 2 controller method listed in the Guide for all the co-op trophies except the viral one.

3: You will still need to grind or trade for some decent (legit) gear else you'll be flattened by the higher level enemies in general and Crawmerax in particular.

Edited by Terminator
Rephrased.

I'd like to add that for 3, you should get someone to duplicate a hacked shield/weapon while the servers are still up, it makes everything much easier. :)

Which also stands a good chance of corrupting your save file and has the potential to get you banned from PSN (however remote the chance of that may be).

Edited by Terminator
Rephrased.

Thanks for the answers, but I have a some more questions.

So if I am reading the trophy guide right, to get the co-op trophies i just need to have two controllers? I don't need to dick around creating another account and all that? And with the fifteen missions one, can I just stick the second player somebody somewhere safe while I do missions or should I do it by turning in a bunch of missions at once? Also what is the maximum level difference between players before missions won't start counting?

And now that I think about it, is there any particular character I should use or does it not matter?

That is correct, you just need 2 Controllers and sign the second one in as a Guest :).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/39/36.jpgThere's No "I" In "Team" (B)

Completed 15 missions in co-op

Warning: This trophy has a hidden requirement i.e all the players in your game must be within a few levels and missions of each other and on the same Playthrough, else the missions will be marked as "Ineligible" and won't count. This mainly applies to Splitscreen but it also affects the LAN and online modes to a certain degree. See here for additional info: LINK (credit to all that posted in that thread for this info). We're not aware of this issue affecting any other trophy in the main game, though it may affect some of the DLC trophies.

There are two very easy ways to get this:

• Start a new game with a friend or a random player in either Splitscreen, online co-op or LAN mode and finish the first 15 missions.
  • Get to a point in the game where you have several missions on the go at once then complete but don't Turn them In. Once you've got some missions ready to Turn In, load Splitscreen mode and turn them in with another player present. Just repeat this process every time you have some missions to Turn In.

It doesn't matter how many different people you play with or over how many sessions, just Turn In 15 missions with the same character when another player is present and you will be fine (credit to Aipher for confirming this). It has been confirmed by GiGGi and MattyElms that it doesn't matter who turns in the missions, all players will get the trophy regardless.

It really doesn't matter what characters you use, providing they're within a few Levels/Missions of each other :). The other player just needs to be there when you Turn the missions In :).

That is correct, you just need 2 Controllers and sign the second one in as a Guest :).

It really doesn't matter what characters you use, providing they're within a few Levels/Missions of each other :). The other player just needs to be there when you Turn the missions In :).

Would it be possible to get the 15 co-op missions by doing a mission, and before turning it in activate split-screen mode turn the mission in, turn off split-screen mode and repeat until the trophy pops? Or is that more or less the gist of the second point of the description you linked?

• 7 months later...

Question about this. My main character is level 7, and the one I've been using just for when I turn in a mission is level 2. Is that too far apart? Last time I turned in a mission it said like ineligible or something on the low level side of the screen. If that is too large a difference, I don't see how this 2 controller method can work...

From the stickied Guide:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/39/36.jpgThere's No "I" In "Team" (B)

Completed 15 missions in co-op

Warning: This trophy has a hidden requirement i.e all the players in your game must be within a few levels and missions of each other and on the same Playthrough, else the missions will be marked as "Ineligible" and won't count. This mainly applies to Splitscreen but it also affects LAN mode to a certain degree. See here for additional info: LINK (credit to all that posted in that thread for this info). We're not aware of this issue affecting any other trophy in the main game, though it may affect some of the DLC trophies.

There are two very easy ways to get this:

• Start a new game with a friend or a random player in either Splitscreen, online co-op or LAN mode and finish the first 15 missions.
  • Get to a point in the game where you have several missions on the go at once then complete but don't Turn them In. Once you've got some missions ready to Turn In, load Splitscreen mode and turn them in with another player present. Just repeat this process every time you have some missions to Turn In.

It doesn't matter how many different people you play with or over how many sessions, just Turn In 15 missions with the same character when another player is present and you will be fine (credit to Aipher for confirming this). It has been confirmed by GiGGi and MattyElms that it doesn't matter who turns in the missions, all players will get the trophy regardless.

You second player is way too far behind you for this to work, you need one that's no more than 2 or 3 levels above or below you. The exceptions to this are the Underdome missions because they're not fussy about what level you are and will grant the trophies regardless.

There are 2 ways to do this in Splitscreen:

1: Start a new game in Splitscreen with 2 new characters and finish the first 15 missions.

2: Accept and complete every side-mission going until you have 15 of them but don't Turn them In, now level up another character until it's within 2 or 3 levels of you then load both of them into Splitscreen and Turn-In all the saved up missions and the trophy will pop :).