Who did the XP exploit instead of Playthrough 2 for the Plat?

Fettster777

I didn't, I went all the way to Lv61/69 legit (5x) :). The only dull spot (ironically) was going from Lv45-50, everything before and after that was fine :). If you're finding this dull then hook up with a friend online or in splitscreen as many prefer to play this in co-op of some form :).

If you think the few missions in this are dull then you're going to hate the 100+ missions required for the (P) in BL2 (I can't remember how many there are for the 100% but there's a lot). Overall though, BL2 is far superior to BL1 (if you can ignore 1 or 2 things) and you'll find a lot more variety in the missions instead of the all the fetch quests BL1 has :).

There is NO way I'm playing through this entire game a second time to reach level 50. Its just....boring. Luckily I'm like 75% through playthrough 1 but my God there are TOO many missions! I'll be definitely using the exploit to reach level 50. Game should be called Bored-erlands.

LOL! I hear ya! I did the exploit, it took a few hours to get to max level, but it is definitely better than playing through the whole game again. The graphics in Borderlands really messes my eyes up. :rolleyes:

If you have the DLCs then you can level up so much faster, especially in the Armoury since the enemies are worth a lot of XP :). You don't have to play the entire game through twice to hit Lv50, you only need to play about 1/3 of the way into Playthrough 2 and you'll get there :).

I do have all the DLCs. If I just do story missions for DLC will I reach level 50?

I can't say for certain what the DLC payouts are like on Playthrough 1 since I did them all on Playthrough 2.5 but you should get a reasonable part of the way there, especially if you do them after killing the Destroyer because then the enemies start scaling better. The side missions in the Zombie Island and Claptrap DLCs are really quick to do but the Armoury missions will take a while :). BTW, the Underdome DLC only awards XP for completing the first and only mission.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

I can't say for certain what the DLC payouts are like on Playthrough 1 since I did them all on Playthrough 2.5 but you should get a reasonable part of the way there, especially if you do them after killing the Destroyer because then the enemies start scaling better. The side missions in the Zombie Island and Claptrap DLCs are really quick to do but the Armoury missions will take a while :). BTW, the Underdome DLC only awards XP for completing the first and only mission.

So I can beat the final boss of the base game and then do DLCs before it makes me do a playthrough 2 or does it automatically start you at playthrough 2 after beating the final boss?

So I can beat the final boss of the base game and then do DLCs before it makes me do a playthrough 2 or does it automatically start you at playthrough 2 after beating the final boss?

You can actually continue to beat the last boss over and over again if you so choose. That's what I did.

Playthrough 2 is a separate option in the load menu :): Playthrough 2 - Borderlands Wiki - Walkthroughs, Weapons, Classes, Character builds, Enemies, DLC and more!

You can actually continue to beat the last boss over and over again if you so choose. That's what I did.

How did you manage that? Whenever I've tried to re-fight the Destroyer, he's always disappeared from the game after killing him so he can't be fought again :confused:.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

Playthrough 2 is a separate option in the load menu :): Playthrough 2 - Borderlands Wiki - Walkthroughs, Weapons, Classes, Character builds, Enemies, DLC and more!

How did you manage that? Whenever I've tried to re-fight the Destroyer, he's always disappeared from the game after killing him so he can't be fought again :confused:.

I just got to Crimson Lance Enclave and I'm level 34 now. Man, I'm still 16 levels away from this trophy. Maybe I'll be able to join an online game if the online isn't down yet and find somebody who is a super high level to leach xp from.

The online is still up fortunately and the servers are always packed (the global ones that is, the JP ones are dead as dodos) but I would stick to asking in the Boosting threads for help so you're guaranteed a clean game. I would also back up your saves beforehand in case something goes wrong so you have something to fall back on :).

Edited by Terminator
Rephrased.

The online is still up fortunately and the servers are always packed (the global ones that is, the JP ones are dead as dodos) but I would stick to asking in the Boosting threads for help so you're guaranteed a clean game. I would also back up your saves beforehand in case something goes wrong so you have something to fall back on :).

Yep, I back up my saves after every play session. You can't be too careful.

I think I just broke the game.

I can no longer save when I exit on Playthrough 1. When I DO exit it just says loading endlessly. If I try to quit via XMB it freezes my PS3 and I have to hard reset and restore data.

Looks like my save glitched but I got it fixed thanks to the other thread

Edited by Fettster777

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't need to do a playthrough 2, doing every mission I encountered brought me to a high enough lvl to switch to playthrough 2 DLC when I ended the base game, and make me lvl up further in it to easily hit lvl 50/61 even 69 without the need of the glitch. General Knoxx is especially a powerlvl area if you are a high enough lvl and know how. Those drifters in Sunken Sea are just exp gold mines, let alone Crawmarax using the "glitch".

• 1 month later...