Japanese GOTY version Crawmerax help asap

StayPationt

Hi guys

I know there are other places I should post this such as in the boosting thread but with the servers going offline I wanted people to see this and be able to respond quickly.

I've platted Borderlands twice on my old accounts but have decided to do it again on the Japanese version on my new account so I made sure to get the only online trophy done before the server close down in a few days.

The only thing is Crawmerax might prove difficult to do solo, I am aware of the glitch spot (not sure if it works on JPN version) but either way I was thinking it might make sense to get Crawmerax out the way if possible now before the servers close down with the help of someone who can take him down for me. I haven't actually started my playthrough though so does anyone know whether I could join someone elses game, kill crawmerax and have the mission for killing him completed when I reach it during my playthrough? Or would that other person have to have the mission open as in not yet completed for it to count as a mission for me?

If it is possible to do it this way is there anyone who has the JPN GOTY version that would fancy letting me join you in a game where you kill Crawmerax?

Thanks in advance

Not advisable, doing it that way will almost certainly glitch the Completionist trophy and land you with a load of other glitched missions as well. You have to be within a few levels of the host anyway and on the same Playthrough else the mission will be deemed ineligible and you won't get the trophy. I killed Crawmerax on my 2nd or 3rd try using the primary Glitch spot.

Not advisable, doing it that way will almost certainly glitch the Completionist trophy and land you with a load of other glitched missions as well. You have to be within a few levels of the host anyway and on the same Playthrough else the mission will be deemed ineligible and you won't get the trophy. I killed Crawmerax on my 2nd or 3rd try using the primary Glitch spot.

Thanks for the heads up Terminator, once again :) I'll definitely avoid attempting it that way if it can cause glitches. I'm hoping and guessing that the glitch spot works on the Japanese version too, so I'll take your advice and do it the way I did it last time I 100%'d the game using the glitch. I'm actually platting the game again twice as both my last times were on old accounts but I'm planning on doing both versions on this new account, gotta love BL :)

I've platted Borderlands twice on my old accounts but have decided to do it again on the Japanese version on my new account... The only thing is Crawmerax might prove difficult to do solo

By the way, you don't need Crawmerax for the plat.

Come to think of it, I have not killed it yet on the Japanese version. When our gang attempted it ages ago we decided to go for the plat only and not 100%, so we didn't play any of the 3 DLCs.