Question about switching playthroughs

eXb1azed23

Will anything bad happen if I switch playthroughs? I beat the game, turned in the vault key and got the XP. Then I started my 2nd run, did a few missions then switched to my 1st to get a few misc trophies but when it started up it told me to turn in the vault key again so if I do that will it potentially glitch anything? Sorry for a noon question but this game confuses me lol

In BL1 it can be very dangerous to change Playthroughs as doing so can glitch certain DLC trophies and potentially mess up some non-DLC ones as well :(. The only reason to go back to Playthrough 1 is if you're doing the Splitscreen exploit for the Moxxi DLC, outside of that there is no reason to go back as you will earn virtually no XP or money and the loot will be terrible.

Edited by Terminator
Rephrased.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh, I have been playing the whole game on Lan Co-Op. We're on Playthrough 1, Story complete and we're at 3 out of the 4 DLCs.

Currently on Secret Armoury, with 4 missions left. (Like Christmas, Crawmerax and the two from Moxxi).

Thought we would have a go at Crawmerax, we got slaughtered.

I think the problem is that our weapons are just not good enough to do serious damage. Would there be a good place to get weapons? Is the Armoury glitch a viable option, or is there some other place we could get good weapons.

We're both at Level 63 and as Hunter (gun-slinger mod) and Berserker (Centurion mod).

//apologies if this derailed the thread!

I'm just on my first playthrough, so this may be a dumb question, but am I correct in assuming that the problem is only in accessing different playthroughs on the same character? Is it safe to start a new game with a different character and switch between them? I'd like to play around with some of the other characters but don't want to compromise my main playthrough.

• 2 weeks later...

I've switched a few times. I beat the game, played neds dlc on that run. Started a pt. 2 and did probably 10 missions, then loaded up the first playthrough to do claptraps revolution. Got all that done, the trophies and popped back over. LVL is where it's at, and everything has been find as far as I know. I know what you mean though you don't want to jumping back and forth as that's definiatly not what i'm doing. I also have mad moxxi on the first pt.