Urgent Guide info needed.

Terminator

Since the servers might be getting switched off on May 31st, I'm preparing an update for the main Guide in case the worst happens. I need someone to see if they can legitimately get the Viral trophy (And They'll Tell Two Friends) in Local Splitscreen and/or a LAN game, if you can get this trophy via either method then please post here with the exact procedure and I'll credit you with the discovery :).

UPDATE: Now the 1.06 patch is out and the online is back up and running, I need the answers to some questions I have :):

1: Have the Friends List issues been fixed e.g. the list not updating correctly?

2: Do Headsets now work?

3: Has the invite system been fixed so people can actually join without getting connection errors and actually receive the invites in the first place?

4: Has the infamous KYII (Keep Your Insides, Inside) bug been fixed? EDIT: No it hasn't :(.

5: Have there been any anti-hack fixes included?

6: Any other changes that aren't in the release notes? I already know that all references to GameSpy have been deleted and that the in-game store still only has 1 thing in it but is there anything else?

Edited by Terminator
Update.

• 3 weeks later...

Lan works, will post how in a few....

Gonna test split screen, just gotta make a new profile.

Concerning split-screen:

First off, i tried for about 2-3 hours to get the trophy to pop in split-screen. I couldn't get it to pop. :(

I tried many different ways, level 1 characters only, person with the trophy being the first person to select split-screen, person without the trophy, being the first person to select split-screen.

I also tried all these different ways^, on the digital and game of the year edition, and on 2 different ps3s.(not that should matter)

The only thing I didn't try was using the original version of Borderlands. I don't own that one, I did try the, Game of the Year edition and Digital from psn.

I also did not try using the Game of the Year edition without dlc installed, or any other version other then 1.05(the newest)

So if anybody else wants to do more tests to on split-screen, feel free too, I just listed what I tried, so it might help other testers.

But, deep down in my heart, and I guess brain, I don't think it can pop in split screen ever.

Edited by Xander45
please use the edit/multi quote function instead of multi posting

Now about LAN:

LAN works, it worked on the 1st try, and i betcha there are other ways to even make it work on LAN mode, but I will list how I did it.

Player 1 (bcks007), got the trophy for it yesterday morning, from the first game I jumped into online.

bcks007's Borderlands Trophies - PSNProfiles.com

bcks007 used Borderlands Game of the Year edition, with all dlc installed, version 1.05

bcks007 Hosted the LAN game.

player 2 (snowballtheninja) used the digital psn version of Borderlands, no dlc installed, version 1.05

snowballtheninja searched LAN mode, and found bcks007, jumped into the waiting room, trophy popped asap.

Snowballtheninja's Borderlands Trophies - PSNProfiles.com

17th Apr 2014 10:06:17 PM

The 1st and only trophy I have for Borderlands on my 2nd profile.

So I hope that there info^, proves it works in LAN mode. If you need any other data from me, just let me know. I also got the trophy to pop in LAN mode, with a user that wasn't even registered on psn yet. Basically just a dummy user name to have a 2nd person on a coop game.

Both players must be signed into psn. I tried without being signed into psn, thinking maybe it was some ilink style(what the playstation 2 used)

Your network connection must be enabled for both ps3s. (I tried without it being disabled, LAN will not be useable that way) I know its stupid, but I had to try it, I had never did a LAN match on ps3 for any game.

If you click LAN on the main menu, it will say, you must be signed into psn for it to work, just like if you click online, the same message.

After you click LAN, you have 3 choices:

Join Game

Host Public Game (I know it says public, but I'm sure the LAN match should have a certain range)(it found nothing when I clicked Join Game)

Select Character (You will default to a level 1 char, if you don't use this)(If the host starts will level 1 char, you will also start the game at beginning)

If you click Join Game, it will search, and find nothing of course, and after it tries 1 time, it will stay on that screen, and give you the option to Host Public Game, you can also back up to the previous menu. You can also press :square: to Refresh List

Player 1 (bcks007) picked Host Public Game. It brought me to the same exact screen as online mode, where you can jump into your game, i guess before the other person is ready or just wait there.(I waited there)

Player 2 (snowballtheninja) selected Join Game It found bcks007 in about 1-3 seconds, very fast. Trophy popped in the waiting room. I didn't even need to go into the level to earn it.

You can actually select LAN mode on your game, and see the all the things I'm talking about, except for the joining part. It looks just like online mode though.

Was I specific enough?

Feel free to clean up my sentences, or grammar, whenever this is posted somewhere. English and grammar are not my strong suits in life.

Also the main reason I think nobody will ever get it in split-screen mode is, that you never sign into your psn account, when you press start to join a split-screen lobby. If there was a signing in process, I think you could earn it that way. I also found it weird, well in the split-screen lobby, there is 4 spots, like perhaps you could have 4 people playing split screen, I know there is no way that would work. Perhaps it works for LAN mode, with 2 people on both ps3's.

Many, many thanks mate :D. I will update the Guide immediately!

EDIT: I urgently need someone to see how LAN mode affects the other Co-Op trophies, if anything goes screwy then I need to know about it so the Guide can be updated. It would would also be great if someone could properly test the LAN trick with the JP release.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

• 9 months later...

1: Have the Friends List issues been fixed e.g. the list not updating correctly?

Yes, i can confirm that the list is now up2date. at keast 4 me :D

2: Do Headsets now work?

Can't say anything about it, my friend didnt have a PS3 hs.

3: Has the invite system been fixed so people can actually join without getting connection errors and actually receive the invites in the first place?

Invite works perfectly , but i would like to hear it also from other people.

4: Has the infamous KYII (Keep Your Insides, Inside) bug been fixed?

Cant say it yet.

5: Have there been any anti-hack fixes included?

modded weapons still work.

6: Any other changes that aren't in the release notes?

Cant also say it yet.