100% Completion

MilkBone

So, I'm just finishing up my 3rd platinum on this game. Well, 2nd I guess. I platinumed it awhile ago, then eventually got if for XBOX and got all achievements and ended up starting a new PSN ID so I decided to platinum it again. So after tonight I'll have one more Moxxi large arena and then I will have 100% of the trophies.

So I started thinking of what my game would look like if I put all of this effort in one character. I would probably have all of the playthroughs completed along with most if not all of the challenges completed.

So...I was wondering if anyone out there has done that? Has anyone completed 100% of the game? Remember, I'm not talking just about trophies, but everything, quests, challenges, playthroughs. Or if not, did you get really close?

Fantastic game, but I only went through two playthroughs with different characters. I think if there weren't any other games of interest out there for me, I'd invest more time on doing 100% completions.

I do plan on maxing all the challenges on BL2 though.

Edited by Eris

Fantastic game, but I only went through two playthroughs with different characters. I think if there weren't any other games of interest out there for me, I'd invest more time on doing 100% completions.

I do plan on maxing all the challenges on BL2 though.

I've poured at least 2-300hrs into each of the Borderlands games but have only maxed out 2 characters in each as fine tuning a character takes ages.

At least 2 of the optional challenges in BL2 are bugged and can't be completed so the 100% challenge completion is unobtainable for now but one of them is going to be fixed soon :).

I've poured at least 2-300hrs into each of the Borderlands games but have only maxed out 2 characters in each as fine tuning a character takes ages.

At least 2 of the optional challenges in BL2 are bugged and can't be completed so the 100% challenge completion is unobtainable for now but one of them is going to be fixed soon :).

Really? I know this is a BL1 forum, but which optional challenges in BL2 are bugged? I'm currently working on BL2. Still early in the game. Maybe 15 hours in.

Master Worm Food and the Cult of the Vault for the Mines of Avarice are both bugged but the Cult of the Vault Challenge is getting fixed soon :), there's no word on Master Worm Food though :(.

Cool, thanks for the info!

I've done a fair amount of work into them but by no means 100%

I only used Siren in 1 and 2.

when you decide to tackle Moxxi's Underdome let me know

I already started them a few days ago. I have one large arena left and that will give me the 100% for the game and all the DLC trophies.

Have you done Moxxi's yet?

Sorry dude! I've been doing the 2nd controller method. It just goes faster and then I don't have to try to coordinate three nights with someone else. Maybe give that a try.

its not the difficulty its the grinding, i have modded weapons and shield so everything is one shit kill and nothing hurts me. I just don't have the patience to sit for a couple hours killing over and over and over

I plat Borderlands and 100% a month ago and am going to get JP version to have 2 versions, plats, and 100%s. I'm starting Borderlands 2 soon and going on my boosting thread for help. :p

I came close to getting all challenges with my soldier, but got bored. Took me 2 playthroughs to 100%

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

its not the difficulty its the grinding, i have modded weapons and shield so everything is one shit kill and nothing hurts me. I just don't have the patience to sit for a couple hours killing over and over and over

LOL, I hear ya. I did the final large arena tonight. I actually watched two movies on my computer as I played it. I just couldn't do it again either.

I plat Borderlands and 100% a month ago and am going to get JP version to have 2 versions, plats, and 100%s. I'm starting Borderlands 2 soon and going on my boosting thread for help. :p

I came close to getting all challenges with my soldier, but got bored. Took me 2 playthroughs to 100%

Wow, that's a lot! Did you play all of the DLC's twice as well?

I got the 100% for the stacking release a while back along with most of the Challenges :).

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

Wow, that's a lot! Did you play all of the DLC's twice as well?

I played Zombie Island and Claptrap Revolution twice with all missions, then I did half of Seceet Armory, but the enemies were too hard so I did playthrough 2 on normal game, beat it and faced the Rakk Hive 8 times until I reached level 61 then bailed. My friend joined and got me crawmerax on playthrough 1 so I only needed level 61 to 100%. Since I have 2 PS3s I'm planning to boost JP with NA versions so I can take them all down quickly and level up faster. Underdome was a pain, I wish Zombie Island was longer. Favorite DLC!

I got the 100% for the stacking release a while back along with most of the Challenges :).

Lucky, I'm thinking of making a JP account and get the plat and 100%, I'm glad I don't have to grind out Claptrap Revolution. Too annoying.

-____-

The stacking release has all the DLCs on the disc and it's region free so no JP account needed :).

True, but its easier for future JP games.

I don't like ordering games because if it turns out to be NA version, I'll be bumped out. I just think its more efficent since I can buy them faster and download, instead of wasting GBs I can never restore. I know you can restore PS3, but too much work deleting everything. I have many disc games, yet I play more downloadable games. Kind of funny, don't you think?

Any idea of where I can buy the JP version? If possible could you PM me.

I'm not sure what stacking release is? Are you refering to the GOTY edition that has all of the DLC on it?

He means the JP version. You can double plat Borderlands by getting other version. Many games have stacking releases. Some are PS3/Vita others are region based like this, Bioshock, Catherine, and Demon's Souls as a few short examples.

Yes, the JP version comes with DLC, if not you can buy separately via a JP account.

He means the JP version. You can double plat Borderlands by getting other version. Many games have stacking releases. Some are PS3/Vita others are region based like this, Bioshock, Catherine, and Demon's Souls as a few short examples.

Yes, the JP version comes with DLC, if not you can buy separately via a JP account.

Oh, ok, I get it. I have one of those (not Borderlands). Now I understand. Thanks! I didn't realize that you could do that with JP versions as well. Crap! I've been missing out. LOL