Co-op problem

Nille

So I'm having some problem playing online co-op. It keeps saying ineligible on the right of my screen, even though I'm further than the host in the story. He is however on his second playthrough. Won't I be able to play with him if I'm doing my first playthrough?

I'm not able to send out any invites either. I send them out but they don't recieve them.

The online for this game is shot to hell and always has been :(. It shouldn't matter which Playthrough you're both on as you should be able to join regardless :think:. I'd try to start a Public game and have your friend join that way, you can always boot any randoms that join :).

I have some tips in the General Info section of the main guide and in the Stickied glitch thread that should help with your invite problems :).

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

The online for this game is shot to hell and always has been :(. It shouldn't matter which Playthrough you're both on as you should be able to join regardless :think:. I'd try to start a Public game and have your friend join that way, you can always boot any randoms that join :).

I have some tips in the General Info section of the main guide and in the Stickied glitch thread that should help with your invite problems :).

I wasn't clear enough. I can join on him, but I don't even appear on his friendslist in the game. When I join on him though it says ineligible on the right, which basically means that all we do won't count for me. It's only supposed to do that if he's ahead of me, which he isn't.

I'll check that thread out. Thank you!

It basically says ineligible and then the mission we're currently on. When we finish the mission I don't recieve any XP nor any trophies where I should've. I googled the issue where I found out that it means that he's ahead of me in the story, which he isn't. The only thing I can think is causing this would be that he's doing playthrough 2 and I'm on my first one.

I wasn't clear enough. I can join on him, but I don't even appear on his friendslist in the game. When I join on him though it says ineligible on the right, which basically means that all we do won't count for me. It's only supposed to do that if he's ahead of me, which he isn't.

I'll check that thread out. Thank you!

Think we've literally tried everything now. If you read this Terminator, we tried the following with zero luck;

- Deleted and reinstalled game data.

- Deleted each other and re-added.

- Had Nillee join my game in the hope he'd appear on the in game friend list after a few minutes.

- Progressed so we're both on the exact same mission.

Literally nothing has worked. The third guy playing with us has had no problems whatsoever, but he also cannot find Nillee on his friend list nor recieve his invites. So frustrating.

You may be farther in your first playthrough than his second playthrough, but if you haven't started your second playthrough yet and he is hosting the game with his second playthrough as the game, then the game considers you behind him.

Really the best option is for you to host the game with your first playthrough and your friend join you. Then no one will see ineligable.

You may be farther in your first playthrough than his second playthrough, but if you haven't started your second playthrough yet and he is hosting the game with his second playthrough as the game, then the game considers you behind him.

Really the best option is for you to host the game with your first playthrough and your friend join you. Then no one will see ineligable.

Yeah that's eventually what we've settled for. Thanks for the help though.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a panic, glad it turned out fine.

But, just because you're ahead in story on playthrough 1 doesn't mean you're ahead of someone on playthrough 2.

The online is glitchy, and your friends might not appear, but that's easily avoidable if both of you host public game and invite your friend after a set duration, it should be fine afterwards. Had to do that a few times, that's why I prefer hosting public and having randoms join me. They won't appear right that second, but they will soon enough.