Goty question

doomdesire

I'm starting over my game as Brick since my level 37 Roland corrupted. If I complete all the main story and side missions as well as 2,3,4 dlc, then will I get to level 69 without having to do playthrough 2? (I already did Zombie island with Roland)

Nope, there is nowhere near enough XP in Playthrough 1 to get you above more than Lv39 and that's if you're lucky. Playthrough 1 has no scaling so you will eventually get to a point where killing everything gives you just 1xp everytime. Each DLC has pre-set limits that mean you have to be at or above a certain level before you enter, else you'll be ripped apart by the enemies inside (with Crawmerax being a great example, anything less than Lv61 and you'll last roughly 5 secs before he tears you into little pieces).

The Moxxi DLC will earn you virtually nothing as you only get XP for finishing the single mission it offers, after that you get nothing.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

On Playthrough 1 you have to be extremely lucky to solo Crawmerax so don't even try. I would leave all the DLCs except the Underdome until Playthrough 2 then use the Splitscreen exploit with a new character on Playthrough 1 to get the Moxxie trophies. Waiting until Playthrough 2 to do the Armoury DLC will also reduce the chance of something going wrong and getting screwed out of Completionist.

On my 100% run I did P1 + all side quests + moxxi's small challenges and claptrap dlc for the 2 skill points, then P2 + all dlc. Hit 69 a bit before I finished all the dlc on P2. Last thing I did was the large challenges in underdome, which I could solo easily as a Siren with farmed Crawmerax and armory gear.

Craw can be solo'd in P2, it's just a little difficult if you're new to it. You can also use a glitch spot to safely attack him if you get frustrated, but I do suggest trying to do it legit at least the first time.

And I heard that its possible to solo Crawmrex only on playthrough 1.

Do not, under any circumstances, kill Crawmerax until you've finished every other mission that the playthrough has to offer. Killing Crawmerax causes the level of the remaining enemies to skyrocket to 61 and the remainder of your playthrough will be pretty much impossible. I learned this the hard way when I killed him solo using the corner trick at level 45.

I repeat: Do not kill Crawmerax until you've finished every other mission that the playthrough has to offer. You will regret doing so. Take it from someone who learned the hard way.

Ah yes. I just remembered the two skill sdus Id like to get. Two more questions. Would it be wiser (and funner) to do Mad Moxxi with another person, since you can (in theory) get through it faster? Or does nobody play it because it sucks(I've tried it).

Currently I have just arrived in New Haven with Brick and got the 4th weapon slot unlocked. I can't really figure out what to use there. I use a shotgun, sniper and launcher. I don't want to use a combat rifle since I used one almost exclusively with Roland. That either brings smg's or revolvers which don't seem really appealing. Plus I don't have any good ones atm. I know revolvers can be pretty beastly such as the pearl masher. I think I might use an elemental shotgun. What what you recommend?

Edit: Is backing up my save file as simple as copying it to another user. I don't have PS+. Then if I want to to it again, delete from that user and copy newer file again?

Edited by doomdesire
Forgot something

It's far safer to do the Underdome by yourself with the Splitscreen Exploit, that way there's less chance of the Big Tournament trophy glitching. If you don't have PS+ then use a USB drive instead, it's simpler then trying to use the alt account method.

The Combat Rifles are lethal as are the x4 Anarchy SMGs if you get a good one so don't dismiss either of them too readily. Revolver wise the Pestilence Defiler, Masher and the Chimera are the best Revolvers around though the Anaconda and the one with infinite ammo can very good as well. Where Shotguns are concerned the Vitriolic Crux is pretty much the best one out there.

Thank you. But I'll honestly doubt I'll find any of these weapons before farming the armory or craw or the gift shop.

I'm not necessarily shrugging them off, just what weapon type would complete the picture best.

Also does moxi's bank system carry over between playthroughs? (If you buy all slots on P1,deposit stuff, got to 2, will you be able to pick it up again, or does it dissapear)

Edited by doomdesire

I think I've made up my mind on using machine guns. What would be the best non-dlc way to farm early on?

Also would it be wise to do revolution and Moxxis on both playthroughs to get skill point sdu's

Edited by doomdesire

There's a Red chest next to the Fyrestone Coliseum you can farm :). The Underdome DLC is the only one that gives a Skill Point for finishing it, the others can on rare occasions give a Backpack SDU by finishing the Claptrap Rescue mission in each. On Playthrough 1 the Claptrap DLC will be harder than you can manage so leave it until the Playthrough 2.

The Wiki is wrong, you get 1 Backpack SDU from the Zombie Island, Secret Armoury and Claptrap DLCs but you get a Skill Point (not an SDU) from the Underdome. Do note that the Backpack SDUs can only be easily obtained on Playthrough 1, on Playthrough 2 99% of the time you will get a Grenade Mod instead.

The Wiki is wrong, you get 1 Backpack SDU from the Zombie Island, Secret Armoury and Claptrap DLCs but you get a Skill Point (not an SDU) from the Underdome. Do note that the Backpack SDUs can only be easily obtained on Playthrough 1, on Playthrough 2 99% of the time you will get a Grenade Mod instead.

In the DLCs (playthrough 2), whenever my backpack was maxed, I always got a backpack SDU. Just buy a bunch of medkits before turning in the claptrap rescue mission.