GOTY Edition quick questions

trophyhunter50

1: Yes.

2: It depends as there are/were 4 known GOTY Editions:

- 1 that has the game but the DLC is code only (this should be long discontinued by now but some disreputable sellers will mark it as having everything on the disc).

- 1 that has the code and everything on the disc (again, this should be discontinued by now).

- 1 that has everything on the disc and no code.

- The Japanese Stackable release that has everything on the disc and no code. This also does not have the Claptrap DLC nor the 1.04 and 1.05 patches, nor the 1.06 server restoration patch (which is apparently coming though god knows when).

None of these releases have the Gearbox Mercenary Pack so you'll have to search Ebay for that but be prepared for the code to have expired and pay through the nose for it.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

• 2 weeks later...

See this quote from the stickied trophy guide:

This description is misleading as even after defeating all the bosses you won't obtain the Platinum. For this game you need to unlock all 50 non-DLC trophies to get the Platinum, everything below Down in Front! on your trophy list is a DLC trophy and is not required for the (P).
Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

• 1 month later...

I didn't want to start another thread for another GOTY edition question/s so here it goes

1. How do i start the DLCs, i briefly remember it saying travel to them via the fast travel stations?

1B. If my thinking in the first question is right then what are the names of the locations that i need to travel for each DLC? (in order of release if possible) so i can avoid them until the campaign is over

2. when is the best time to start the DLCs? should i do a full second playthrough? or should i just start them when i hit level 50 during my second playthrough?

2B. in fact what is the recommended level for each DLC

All the DLCs will appear in the Fast Travel menu after you have finished the first 5 missions of the game. The FT Locations are:

Jakob's Cove (Zombie Island)

The Underdome (Moxxi)

T-Bone Junction (General Knoxx)

Tarterus Station (Claptrap)

You can start the DLCs at anytime but the Underdome is best done on Playthrough 1 using the Splitscreen exploit else it will take you forever to complete. The Armoury DLC is suicide on anything less than Playthrough 2 or 2.5 but whatever you do, don't do it in co-op as those missions are particularly prone to glitching when playing with others. I would also recommend waiting until you've finished the main game before starting the Armoury and Claptrap DLCs as they contain major plot spoilers.

To get the best out of all the DLCs (except the Underdome) it's best to do them on Playthrough 2.5, that way you'll get the best gear and the maximum possible XP per kill and for each completed mission :).

Thanks for the advice

I did the The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned straight after my first playthrough, i'm not to bothered about drops they aren't ready needed for the platinum

Started the Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot and it was lagging so much that i just gave up on it

Started the third pack but decided after a few missions (i'd just got the trophy for making the car) to put the DLC for the first game on the back burner for a while as i bought the sequel earlier today