Low level enemies/weapons?

Squeek111

Ok, so I've reached Lvl 60 now, (just a bit towards 61) But the enemies I encounter are still around lvl 37 and the weapons are at max 40-45.. and have been so for long now.

Is the only way to get higher lvl weapons to start "playthrough 2" ? Or have something happened to my save?

(I feel I must have better weapons to beat Crawmerax)

On Playthrough 1 the enemies won't level much higher than they are now as there is no scaling in Playthrough 1. All the really good gear is in Playthrough 2.5.

But .... since Im going for the "clear all missions" in the Knoxx DLC.. wont that ruin the trophy? or am I missing the point there? Maybe I just can't clear the certain mission?

Edited by Squeek111

If you've already started Knoxx on Playthrough 1 then changing to Playthrough 2 gives you a higher chance of the trophy glitching, you're only way out is to have someone with Playthrough 2.5 weapons come in and kill him for you but backup your save first in-case something goes wrong. Playthrough 1 weapons won't even scratch Crawmerax and his minions.

Edited by Terminator
Rephrased.

But .... since Im going for the "clear all missions" in the Knoxx DLC.. wont that ruin the trophy? or am I missing the point there? Maybe I just can't clear the certain mission?

I don't think I'm spoiling anything here but as Terminator said, only when you kill "the Destroyer" at the end of the main game, the enemies will start going above level 50. Not before :) And it won't ruin the trophy no :)

I don't think I'm spoiling anything here but as Terminator said, only when you kill "the Destroyer" at the end of the main game, the enemies will start going above level 50. Not before :) And it won't ruin the trophy no :)

But I've already cleared the main story.. this is just a problem for me since Im going against the DLC boss that is lvl 61.. with me being lvl60 and equipment being low 40's >.<

If you've already started Knoxx on Playthrough 1 then changing to Playthrough 2 gives you a higher chance of the trophy glitching, you're only way out is to have someone with Playthrough 2.5 weapons come in and kill him for you but backup your save first in-case something goes wrong. Playthrough 1 weapons won't even scratch Crawmerax and his minions.

Yeah, this damn humungus mofo is the only thing standing in my way of finishing all the missions >_<

Edited by Squeek111

But I've already cleared the main story.. this is just a problem for me since Im going against the DLC boss that is lvl 61.. with me being lvl60 and equipment being low 40's >.<

In that case, do the main story in playtrough 2, or get a friend to take him out for you. After you get the trophy, you can then try taking him out yourself :)

In that case, do the main story in playtrough 2, or get a friend to take him out for you. After you get the trophy, you can then try taking him out yourself :)

What level are the enemies in PT2? I cleared the story some days ago, and now I'm doing Zombie Island but I haven't switched to PT2 yet because I fear I might be too low levelled. (I'm 41)

Ok, so I've reached Lvl 60 now, (just a bit towards 61) But the enemies I encounter are still around lvl 37 and the weapons are at max 40-45.. and have been so for long now.

Is the only way to get higher lvl weapons to start "playthrough 2" ? Or have something happened to my save?

(I feel I must have better weapons to beat Crawmerax)

If you want higher level gear, then just buy them at the vending machine before the area where you fight Cramerax. All of the equipment there are all level 58 and higher. They are expensive though. I was on Playthrough 1 and my best weapon was a level 38 shotgun. So I just bought a level 61 sniper rifle and killed Cramerax with it. It was about $5,000,000. I did this all on Playthrough 1. So starting Playthrough 2 is unnecessary, more time consuming, and harder if you just want to finish all the missions in the General Knoxx DLC.