Just beat the game and only lvl 37

Stalemate666

I have all the other trophies and I don't have any dlc so it looks like I'm going to have to either do a glitch or do another play through since there aren't any monsters that give significant xp anymore, even the end ones only gave like 500... seems weird that this games ends at such low level, I mean the last mission was recommend lvl 32...

I was level 37 as well. Getting to level 50 requires a decent chunk of the second playthrough to be completed, which is what the developers had in mind I'm sure. It isn't as tedious as before though, there are enough differences to make it a unique playthrough and not the same exact experience as the first playthrough.

I was level 37 as well. Getting to level 50 requires a decent chunk of the second playthrough to be completed, which is what the developers had in mind I'm sure. It isn't as tedious as before though, there are enough differences to make it a unique playthrough and not the same exact experience as the first playthrough.

So far it's feeling exactly like the first, I'm finding myself wondering why multiple difficulties worked so well in Diablo 2 and is so boring in this game. I think it's because diablo 2 has far more character customization and you get the choice of dozens of skills where in this game all your skills are passive and there isn't much in the way of equipment.

I was also hoping maxing out the bonus xp from critical skill would give me a bit of a leg up xp wise but it doesn't seem like it, I think the diminishing returns make it pointless you reach a level faster but after that you gain less experience then someone a level lower in the same place. If I rush through the game now to get to harder places it might help though.

Edited by Stalemate666

What Owen said...you aren't meant to get to level 50 on the first playthrough...you can either do Playthrough 2, or use the XP glitch for this game.

This^

You can also play the DLCs, go power levelling in the Eridian Promontory or sit back whilst someone else kills Crawmerax a few times :).

Yeah I'm just going to keep playing, push through the main story to get to stronger level enemies then go for critical hits to get the 15% bonus on the stronger enemies, I tried the xp glitch but it's slower then a playthrough, I mean I can get 3k for killing a big enemy and 21k for missions reloading a game over and over for 12k just isn't worth it.

In theory it's possible but the amount of XP available in Playthrough 1 is low, even in the DLCs, so 2 playthroughs is pretty much essential (unless you use the Medkit exploit or go Power Levelling with friends). The max you'd likely hit without boosting is Lv40-42 , anything else is pushing it. The Knoxx and Claptrap DLCs are pretty much impossible on playthrough 1 due to the extreme difficulty and permanently high level of certain bosses (Crawmerax in particular is very hard, his minimum level is 60).

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

In theory it's possible but the amount of XP available in Playthrough 1 is low, even in the DLCs, so 2 playthroughs is pretty much essential (unless you use the Medkit exploit or go Power Levelling with friends). The max you'd likely hit without boosting is Lv40-42 , anything else is pushing it. The Knoxx and Claptrap DLCs are pretty much impossible on playthrough 1 due to the extreme difficulty and permanently high level of certain bosses (Crawmerax in particular is very hard, his minimum level is 60).

Ok thanks Terminator! You're a great help.

I guess my biggest worry is missing the Claptrap backpack upgrades on my first playthrough, but I guess I will just be sure and NOT start my 2nd playthrough until I am sure I have them all (I take it I can backtrack for them).

• 4 weeks later...

I have the complete edition and just want to know if this is a good plan. I just finished the main game on playthrough 1 at level 35. I now want to get all trophies except ding 40 & 50. Should I start playthrough 2 until I get the plat at level 50, or jump straight to dlc on playthrough 1? What level do you need to be to start the dlc?

Doing the DLC on Playthrough 1 is a waste of time as you will earn next to no XP doing the Zombie Island DLC and will get flattened if you try to do the General Knoxx and Claptrap DLCs, unless you use the Splitscreen Exploit for the Moxxi DLC you won't last long on either Playthrough. Go straight to Playthrough 2 and do the DLCs then :). I will try to dig out the thread that lists the best levels to do start the DLCs.

EDIT: Here it is: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/borderlands/154463-suggested-level-dlcs.html Do note though that my first post in that thread was before I wrote the Zombie Island Guide so my info was a little off, though I didn't know it at the time.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Did you just do the story missions or did you do the side quests too?

I beat it at level 36 and I just started my 2nd playthrough a few days ago.

Focus on the main missions. Only go after the side missions if they don't require to much effort to be completed.

I'd also keep an eye on how much XP the side missions offer, some that take a bit of effort, but are generally low risk, are worth the XP boost, IMO. Of the side missions, I generally only avoided the collecting ones until I got to New Haven, at which point I became highly selective with those. And as someone else posted, I finished playthrough 1 at around level 37 (can't remember exactly), and hit level 50 as soon as I defeated the Rakk Hive boss (that mission alone gave me shitload of XP).

• 2 weeks later...