Borderlands save file corruption cure, prevention and glitch removal

Terminator

5pRmjlo.png

Credit to TwilightStar for the banner.

If you felt compelled to join the forum as a result of this thread, please give me a referral (Type Terminator in the referrer box).

Note: The vast majority of the following bugs and glitches, don't exist in the PS4 version of the game but I will mark any that apply to both. I will also be adding a PS4 specific section for issues that only exist in that version of the game.

If you've got a corrupted save file then DON'T delete it or do anything illegal as there is another way.

How to fix your save:

To fix your save you will need: 2 saves (including the corrupted one), 2 joypads and 1 PS3.

1: Load Splitscreen mode whilst not connected to PSN.

2: Set a non-corrupt save as Player 1, then sign-in your main PSN ID as a guest then set the corrupted save as Player 2. NOTE: If your save won't load when you try to set it as Player 2, then it is too far gone to be saved. Also note that this trick will not work if you try to set another PSN ID as Player 2

3: Choose your Playthrough and load the game.

4: If you've done it right, then both Characters should load.

5: Wait a few seconds (5-10 should do it) then have Player 2 quit so the game auto-saves and quits back to the Main Menu.

6: Load the formerly corrupted save then go and do, buy or kill something (it doesn't matter what) then go back to the Save Pole and exit back to the Main Menu. NOTE: The very first pole you encounter in the game after you get off the bus will not hard save your progress.

I can't take total credit for this fix as it's something that I discovered on the official Borderlands forums a while back. If the solution finder is watching then here's to you.

If your save gets corrupted due to a power cut or other act of god then this solution may not work but it wouldn't hurt to try. If you have a really bad corruption problem like the ones here: LINK, here: LINK and here: LINK then all you can do is load a backup and pray it doesn't happen again.

NOTE: The above fix will only work on Save Files that won't load and will not fix any other glitches e.g. KYII.

This thread isn't meant to scare anyone or put you off playing. Most of the glitches are harmless if a little annoying when they do happen and the number of game breaking bugs is very small. Providing you make regular backups and don't engage in dodgy behaviour, you really have no need to fear this game :).

Corruption prevention:

To avoid most of the causes of Save File Corruption, do the following:

1: Wait for the auto save icon to finish flashing before quitting. If you use the "Save and Exit" option, you must wait until you've fully arrived at the main menu and Claptrap starts moving around before exiting to the XMB.

2: Never, ever pick up anything that somebody drops or offers you in a co-op game, unless that person is 100% legit as there are a lot of modded and illegal items out there which can royally screw up your save file. If it doesn't come out of a chest then don't pick it up! The worst of the online causes of corruption were fixed with the 1.03 patch but be warned, corruption can still happen. If your file gets corrupted because you willingly accepted an illegal item or used an exploit, then you only have yourself to blame.

3: In co-op always have players exit in reverse order with a few seconds between them i.e P4, P3, P2 then you, that way the Auto Save will save everyone's data.

4: Make sure you're updated to the latest patch which is currently version 1.06 (1.03 if you have the JP release). If you have the Japanese GOTY Edition or one of the other "everything is on the disc" GOTY Editions, then the patch will be pre-installed on the disc along with everything else.

5: If you have a save that has previously been corrupted then whatever you do, don't use the PS3's Recovery mode unless you have an actual problem with your console. I say this as using option 3 (Restore File System) will corrupt your save, Option 4 will probably have the same effect so be equally as careful. Make sure you backup and then delete the affected save and the Profile Data file before you mess around with the Recovery mode to prevent any possible problems.

6: Make sure your PS3's Firmware is up-to-date.

7: Finally and I can't stress this enough but Backup your saves after every session. It's especially important to backup your saves before you enter co-op then, if you happen to accidentally pick up an illegal item (which can happen) you can quickly restore your backup and be rid of it.

8: Avoid the PS Now version of the game, especially if your internet is bad, because even the slightest hiccup in your connection will crash the game and destroy your save file. Credit to koro for this info.

The above advice will save you a lot of hassle but there is still a chance, albeit a small one, that your file will still corrupt for no apparent reason. Be vigilant, be safe and you will be fine.

How to safely dispose of illegal/hacked items:

If you want to keep your save and not use a backup, then do the following whilst playing offline:

1: Fast travel to the Dahl Headland (the map where you unlock Fast Travel).

2: Head North/North West to the cliffs.

3: Stand as close to the cliff-edge as you can without falling off.

4: Go into the Equipment screen, select the offending item and choose the "drop item" option which will drop the item from your inventory, off the cliff and out of your game once you exit the menu. Repeat as needed until every last dodgy item is gone.

5: Fast travel to another location (it doesn't matter where) then save and exit.

6: Pat yourself on the back and backup your now clean save.

NOTES:

- You don't have to go the Dahl Headland, I just used that as an example. Any area with really high cliffs at the edge of the map and no Defence Towers will do.

- If you have the Japanese GOTY Edition, then you won't run into any illegal items as the hacking tools aren't compatible with it!

Glitched Mission list (PS3 and PS4:

In general, a glitched Mission list is when your single player list of active Missions gains a mission or a load of missions that you haven't even started/been given and can't be Turned In. This glitch is caused by one of 2 things happening i.e: you've joined a co-op game with someone who's further into the game then you are or you've been naughty and tried to cheat your way through the game (usually by exploiting an Armoury glitch).

The most common of the normal Mission List glitches is when you pick up a mission online called "Keep Your Insides, Inside" or KYII. This glitch is caused by hackers messing with their saves and reactivating a quest which was dropped by the developers prior to release but wasn't completely deleted from the source code. Once it's been reactivated, this quest is almost impossible to dump and cannot be completed in anyway, shape or form. The good news is it doesn't seem to prevent any trophies from unlocking. I will specify below, which cures work with this nasty glitch.

KYII is highly contagious and by playing with others when you have it (either online or off) you run the very great risk of giving it to everyone you meet. I strongly recommend you to keep that character isolated and don't use it either in online or offline co-op.

There are a few things you can do to fix a busted mission list (I'll deal with the Armoury glitch separately):

1: Restore a backup from before you got glitched (which I'm sure as a good gamer you have made one) (works on KYII).

2: Start a new playthrough on PT 2 (depending on which PT you're on) but this may not work every time (works on KYII - Credit to ShadBlade for this info).

3: Redo the offending mission(s) in Splitscreen co-op (doesn't work on KYII).

4: Redo all the missions with the host you got glitched on (Thanks to Evil Colin for this info) (doesn't work on KYII).

5: Delete your save and start over, only this time remember to back up your save before entering co-op (works on KYII)!

Another possible fix for KYII is this:

Raider77 said:
Terminator, I've got a fix for those folks stuck on Fixer Upper Mission on playthrough 2 (If you don't mind me sharing it):

On the Fixer Upper Mission for playthrough 2-if you choose to play online missions like I did, you will inevitably run into someone with the infamous KYII (keep your insides inside). It will allow to repair the Med vendor but not purchase the shield or turn in the mission. To fix, get online and join someone who is just beginning playthrough 2 and has the KYII and play with them until they are past the fixer upper mission. This will complete the mission for you in your playthrough 2. Playing with someone just starting the game who has KYII, will definitely not fix this bug (someone posted online that they thought it didn't matter but it does).

Credit to Raider77 for this info.

You prevent a lot of problems early in Playthrough 2, by making sure you save in Fyrestone before changing playthroughs. If you have to follow a character, then make sure you follow them until told not to - else you can glitch out the mission and prevent it from being completed.

Edited by Terminator
Update.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a glitch like the one forum user Nimrod has/had (LINK) then deleting your save and starting over is your only option if you don't have a backup handy.

Here's a weird one for you: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/borderlands/282446-krom-canyon-broken.html If the fix in Post 13 doesn't work for you, then try the following :):

1: Find someone online that hasn't done the mission yet and complete it with them.

2: Run through the options in your PS3's Recovery Mode.

3: Try another copy of the game.

4: Play offline without the patches installed.

5: Start a new character and speed run your way through the game and back to this point.

Here's how to prevent the Armoury glitch (PS3 & PS4):

TigerLust said:
jLet's start with pro-active solutions:

1) Play offline, because Playing online might permanently mess up your mission checklist.

2) Don't take more than one of these missions at the same time: "Loot Larceny", "It's Like Christmas" and "Super-Marcus Sweep". After you complete one of those three, then and only then should take the next one. Loot Larceny is given by Athena (story progress) and the other two are from Marcus. You can always hit :circle: when being offered a mission. Once you take the mission, it's too late. There is a glitch to loot the armory that some people use but don't do that if you want this trophy.

3) Backup your game before accepting the three missions mentioned above. In the XMB, under the "Game" section, there is an entry called "Saved Games Utility (PS3)" ("Application Save Data" on the PS4). In there scroll down the list to "Borderlands", where you will find one save per character. Find the character in question (it will be the one on top if you just saved), hit :triangle: and you will see a "copy" option. As long as you have a USB drive and access to the PS Plus Save File Cloud, you will always have access to a backup.

4) If you are in a game and it glitches on you, XMB quit the game immediately and restore and reboot the game.

Many thanks to TigerLust for allowing me to use this information. Source: LINK

Another possible solution is this one:

Totoyeahwhat123 said:
This happened to me a while ago. I just quit the game, and entered it again. I could then complete the mission. I don't know if it works every time but it's worth a try.

Many thanks to Totoyeahwhat123 for this info. Source: LINK

Yet another alternative is this one:

mukethenuke said:
One of the glitches most people were having was the timer in the armory going off before they could get out because they wanted to loot all of the boxes inside of the armory. I messaged Gearbox because the quest glitches afterwards where the armory blast door will not let you back in thus making you not able to complete the quest. This actually did work after i got the message from Gearbox. You uninstall the game from your system in game utility, not saved game utility. Reinstall the game and go back into the armory and the door should open.

I hope this helped someone, I can attach the gearbox email if anyone is confused.

Credit to mukethenuke for this info. Source: LINK

A further alternative is this:

StaticX said:
Hey man, I noticed people have been getting glitched with the Knoxx final mission on Borderlands... if you recall this??? Anyway I believe I have a solution to this as I too had a "Glitched Save" if you will.

Story is I joined a game online as was worried I wouldn't be able to get the "Gearbox player" related trophy. After the trophy popped I exited but like everyone else my missions list was full of future missions including all the DLC's.

I come to this DLC and the final area. Killed Knoxx, then I "Enter Code" and walked up to the lift. Now this was a mistake on my part initially not knowing there is something you have to do to the LEFT side of the elevator panel before accessing the RIGHT side switch.

On my first run I hit the RIGHT side and was searching around looking for the "Expose munitions" panel I picked up a couple of things then the timer ran out and BOOM. That did the first of Markus mission for me. I quit the game reloaded and Turned In that mission then went back to the Armory, killed Knoxx and re-did the above again Boom. This got me Marcus second mission done "Christmas..." so turned that in.

Now I thought my game had glitched as couldn't do (Well find) Athena's mission getting the "Expose munition" but on my third run I noticed the panel on the LEFT side of the elevator panel. This completed that mission and I could Turn In on the RIGHT Panel, which in turn gave me Athena's final loot mission. I finished it Boom and after the credits and Turning In that mission I got the "Completionist" Trophy.

To summarise if you have gotten the online glitch from joining someone else's game, to avoid getting screwed over in the DLC, just don't complete the "Armory Assault" mission. Continue to the elevator and just go for Markus's two loot missions!

Credit to StaticX for this info.

Another cause of the Armoury glitch is dropping to a lower playthrough, then going back to the previous one (Thanks to Goldskarr for this info).

As of the 1.06 patch, there seems to be another way of fixing this that's far less messy than the others:

SENAD said:
I think this problem was solved in the patch. I also had a problem - too much of missions. In each mission, code has been entered. Is simple. Perform one mission, then out of the game and put the check in the next mission and so on.
souj83 said:
I am not sure if the patch have fix this but I can confirm that SENAD method does work.

I was doing the "It's Like Christmas!" mission when I got the armory litch so I quit the game and start the other DLC mission (Claptrap's New Robot Revolution DLC) and did the main story mission and then went back to the armory and it was all fixed!

I hope that helps.

Credit to SENAD and souj83 for this.

Here's another alternative fix:

I finished both missions from Marcus in the Armory while having my mission list glitched. When I entered the Armory after defeating Knoxx, I found that the 3 buttons ready to be activated. Without knowing what to do I pressed the third button from left to right. The countdown started and both missions for Marcus were updated, time ran out and boom! I was outside and the mission "It's like Christmas" was finished. I reloaded because I couldn't enter again to the Armory to finish my main mission, defeated Knoxx again and on the lift. Now I pressed the second button, same thing again but now the other mission for Marcus was finished.For the third time, I defeated Knoxx again and on the lift I noticed a switch, I activated it and the main mission ended and the last mission for Athena started.

Credit to Tempestad for this info.

Claptrap's New Robot Revolution also has a Mission List glitch that wrongly says one of the earlier CNRR missions can still be handed in but fortunately this one is harmless (so far). All you have to do to get rid of this, albeit temporarily as it will come back eventually, is to save, exit, reload and it'll be gone. If this occurs whilst other missions are available, then just select another mission and the glitched one will vanish.

For some reason the Hunter is particularly susceptible to getting, Mission List glitches so be careful.

The Underdome DLC has a potentially nasty Mission List glitch. If you have the Small Arenas Mission active, enter co-op and help someone else to get the Small Tournament trophy and you are Player 2, then go back to playing solo, the game will act like you haven't finished any of the Small Arenas.

Edited by Terminator
Update.

Vanilla and Digital/PS Now/GOTY Editions can't play together (TBC - more info needed):

It used to be that all non-JP versions of the game would play nice together but it looks like the 1.07 patch has version locked the servers so that's no longer possible :(. Credit to hBLOXs for this info.

Unable to Install/Load the Game:

This problem is similar to the issues the Moxxi DLC sometimes has. Here are a couple of things you can try:

1. Try Recovery Mode: LINK
  2. Try a replacement copy.

If neither of these things work all you can do is get your PS3 repaired or replaced as either the laser or HDD is about to die.

(Credit to SSJ3Broly for pointing out this glitch)

If you have a problem like this one: LINK then all you can do is send your PS3 to Sony and don't leave your Disc in the drive next time.

Unable to Fast Travel:

I've received a number of reports that some people are unable to Fast Travel or use Area Transition Portals. I don't know what's causing this issue so if have any info on a cause, then please let me know.

In the interim, the best preventative thing you can do is follow the general advice I've posted in the "Corruption Prevention" section in 1st post of this thread until someone finds a cure. Another thing you can do which might work is to delete your Borderlands install from the GAME DATA utility and try re-installing it, the patches and the DLCs.

There was an issue a few years back where installing any of the DLCs would cause random Fast Travel destinations to vanish from the New-U Stations. AFAIK this was never fixed but it was a rareish occurrence as only a few people ever reported this issue (to my knowledge) on the official Borderlands forums.

Misc glitchy trophies (PS3 & PS4):

I've been receiving an increasing amount of reports that the "Ding! Overleveled to 11", "Fully Loaded", "My Brother is an Italian Plumber", "Wanted: Krom", "United We Stand", "You're on a Boat!", "Pandora-dog Millionaire" and "Braaaaaaaaaaaaains!" trophies have become a little temperamental in their unlocking. The workarounds if any of the above do glitch are as follows:

1: Delete your Game Data and reinstall it, the DLCs (if you have any), the 1.07 patch and try again on Playthrough 2 or 2.5 (if you have the JP or PS4 release then everything's already on the disc).

2: Start another character and re-attempt the trophy.

3: Load a backup from before you attempted the trophy.

4: Try re-attempting the trophy in a LAN game or Splitscreen with someone who hasn't yet got it.

Vuule said:
The counter stops at 9,999,999 so in reality, you might have up to 10-100x time the amount. Most people that have completed 2 playthroughs (and all the DLC) will have this amount. I haven't seen mine dropped below that amount ever since I got it, Money is pretty useless anyway.

Why it didn't unlock the trophy, no idea. What you can try though is to Start up a Splitscreen lobby. Create a Level 1 character and move some stuff from your main account to that account. Weapons worth of few 100k's etc. and sell them with your lv1 character

Many thanks to Vuule for this tip. Source: LINK

Also, see here: LINK (Credit to pimpn THe strts for bringing extra info on this to my attention).

The Facemelter, Master Exploder, 12 Days in Pandora and 1.21 Gigawatts trophies were glitched Prior to the 1.02 patch so if they do glitch on you, you probably don't have the latest patch installed.

I've also received some reports that the Secret "Sucker Born Every Minute" trophy from the Knoxx DLC can be a little glitchy. I'm a little dubious about this so If anyone can confirm that this has actually glitched on them, please let me know and provide as much info as you can.

I'm also receiving an increase in reports that the "Sneaky Little Buggers!" trophy has become temperamental. As well as following the above solutions for the other glitchy trophies, read this thread: LINK (Credit to DarkByke). Loftus has confirmed that using the Soldier's Turret will glitch this trophy. If you find yourself in this situation then re-killing one of the Midgets with a gun will force the trophy to pop.

Even rarer than the above trophy glitches is one where the online only "And They'll Tell Two Friends" trophy fails to pop. If this trophy does fail to pop, all you can do is:

1: Delete your Game Data, reinstall everything and try again.

2: Try re-attempting this with someone who hasn't yet got this trophy and hope someone who does have it, joins your game.

3: Check the person/people you're playing with actually have/has this trophy.

4: Check your Trophies as it may have popped without giving you the Trophy Unlocked notification.

I've only every heard of like 3 or 4 people not getting this trophy so the odds of it not popping are extremely remote. On a side note if you have the Japanese GOTY Edition then you will have to wait little bit longer to get this trophy as there are very few people who own this, with the servers now gone you can only get this trophy via LAN mode.

It has been brought to my attention that the "Rootinest, Tootinest, Shootinest" trophy has become a little glitchy. If this does fail to pop then try the advice at the start of this post (credit to mattigummi for bringing this to my attention).

I've know about this one for a while but the "Ding! Sleepless" trophy is a little glitchy for some reason. I didn't mention it earlier, because it was too sporadic and info was scarce but it's recently gotten more common so here it is. If it doesn't pop after messing around for a while then all you can do is start a new character a level all the way back up to 40.

An even rarer bug is one where most of the trophies fail to unlock, see here for more details: LINK (posts 410-413) I have no idea what causes this but the best precautions you take are to make sure you have the 1.07 patch installed and make plenty of backups.

Edited by Terminator
Update.

I'm starting to get reports that the Duelinator Trophy has become temperamental, see here for more info and how to fix it: LINK (credit to Payney1991 for pointing this out and molokidan for the solution).

It seems that the "There's no "I" in team" and "Made in New Haven" trophies are a little iffy as well now so be warned.

I must stress though that the odds of these trophies failing to pop is extremely low but it can still happen as has been pointed out to me recently. I must also stress that these trophies are not officially glitched, just a little temperamental on rare occasions.

Main Game/General Glitches:

1: [FIXED as of the 1.06 (Global)/1.02 (JP) patch] The In-game friends list doesn't update properly - There is a workaround but it's not 100% reliable:

1. Start a public game.
  2. Have your friend search for and join your game.
  3. Wait for a minute or two after your friend has joined you then check your friend list, your friend should now be on it.
  4. Now both of you should quit then you can create a private game and have them join you.

Since the release of the Vita and the PS4, there have been massive problems with people not appearing on the XMB friends list and game invites not being received. The only thing you can do if this happens is for you and anyone you're trying to invite, is to gut your Friends Lists :(.

See here for further info if things don't work out: LINK (Credit to Nille and MaestroMephisto for this info.)

I can't take full credit for this workaround as it's something I found on the official Borderlands forums some years ago but only got around to testing it out recently. If the originator of this is reading, here's to you!

2: Headsets don't work and communication is garbled and intermittent - Again, there are no guaranteed solutions to this problem though some people have said that things can improve after 20-30mins or so.

3: The Player's Met list doesn't update - There is no solution to this problem so you will have to live with it I'm afraid.

4: Some enemies flicker in and out of existence - This glitch is more of a graphical annoyance then an actual problem but it can give a false impression of where the enemy actually is. This bug is particularly bad in the Zombie Island and Claptrap DLCs when you fight [spoiler=1]Undead Ned/Undead Nedtrap.

5: Vehicles and players sometimes get stuck in the scenery - This glitch has a multitude of causes, more than I can mention but the cures are always the same:

- If you get stuck then either kill yourself or save and exit then you will be free.

- If your vehicle gets stuck then exit it, walk or fast travel to the nearest Catch-A-Ride and respawn the vehicle.

6: Online games get really laggy when 3 or 4 people are present - All I can suggest for this is you check you have an Open NAT (NAT type 1 or 2) and a stable connection. This problem has been present since launch and nobody really knows what causes it.

7: You and the world spin like crazy whilst you're bleeding out so you cannot be revived - This is another glitch that nobody's really sure what causes it though it's thought to be related to doing too much at the time of being shot. All you can do if/when this happens is to force respawn by pressing :square: though this will cost you money to do so.

8: You lose a small amount of health when exiting a vehicle - This is caused by certain Shield and Class Mods but is only a minor annoyance.

9: Some weapons need to be reloaded after loading your save or exiting a vehicle - As above^.

10: In the unpatched version of the game, there was a bug where Claptrap would stop responding and would not activate the mission to open the door to Dr. Zed's Clinic thus stopping the game in it's tracks. The only things you could do about this were: Not walk too far in front of Claptrap or delete your save and start over, this glitch was fixed in the 1.01 patch and no longer occurs.

11: All the textures and details disappear from the world and slowly "pop-in" after loading a save, respawning or moving to a new area - This irritating (but cosmetic) bug is caused by a glitch in the game itself so don't expect a fix.

12: Going up or down in the lift that leads to Baron Flynt, causes the frame-rate to plummet - Like the above bug this is a problem with the engine and won't be fixed unless Gearbox fixes it. To avoid the worst of the lag, look straight down at the floor the moment the lift starts and don't move until you reach the top. This is also needed for the return trip. To get the lift back if you accidentally fall off, you have to exit the area (going to the Arena in the Salt Flats will do) then return to it.

13: You install the DLC(s) but they/it don't show up in-game - Make sure you downloaded them/it from the PS Store in the same region as your copy of the game, as 99% of DLCs and all Saves are region locked.

14: My Save file isn't recognised - See above^.

15: Every time A trophy is unlocked it says "You have not earned a trophy"! - This means you've been very naughty and tried to use someone else's save to cheat your way to some trophies. All you can do delete the save and start over with a new character and don't cheat this time!

16: The game crashes in the co-op game search menu or soon after joining someone's game - This is a problem that seems to primarily affect the 60+80gb PS3 "Fat" models. There are a few things you can try, to fix this problem:

- Add your PS3 to your Router's DMZ, See here for how to do it: LINK

- Try re-installing the game, the patch and all the DLCs (if you have any). If you have PSN release then you'll have to re-download it before you can re-install.

- Run through the options in the Recovery Menu: LINK

- Check your disk isn't scratched, if it is, get it fixed or buy/rent a new copy.

- If all of the above fails then you can either send your PS3 to Sony or buy a new console.

- Play the waiting game and wait a few days as that can sometimes help: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137170 (credit to Kopek for this info).

Also, see here for more info: LINK (credit to Aaron29 for this info).

17: The game crashes a lot - Like the above issue, this problem almost exclusively affects the older model PS3s as those models have a known issue with the Unreal Engine. Not everyone will experience this problem but for those who do there isn't much you can do except try options 2+3 from the above list or buy a new model Slim. Another common cause of freezing is people leaving their PS3 on and unattended for hours on end whilst using the MINIAC farming method. The 1.06/1.02 patch has introduced a new bug whereby sometimes the game will enter an infinite loadscreen when you Fast Travel somewhere. This bug isn't particularly common but it does happen.

18: Some trophies don't unlock in Splitscreen co-op - This is a rare(ish) problem to which there are only two solutions:

- Load a save from before you 1st attempted the trophy and try it again in Single player.

- Re-attempt it on Playthrough 2 or 2.5.

19: Exiting to the Main Menu causes the game to freeze for a few seconds - This is another annoying (if cosmetic) Unreal Engine bug. The best way to reduce the incidence of this bug is to avoid saving in certain places that you know cause this effect e.g. Fyrestone and instead go somewhere like Skag Gully.

20: The copyright screens sometimes glitches and appears twice on loading the game - I have no idea what causes this bug or how to fix it. From what I can tell this bug is completely harmless, if a little irritating when it does happen. - This may have been fixed with the 1.06 GameSpy removal patch.

21: Prior to the 1.01 patch there was a rare but nasty crash that could happen if you ejected the game disc during the opening Corruption Warning screen. The 1.01 patch fixed a lot of other issues as well but there are too many to list here so here's the link: Patch 1.20 - Borderlands Wiki - Walkthroughs, Weapons, Classes, Character builds, Enemies, DLC and more!

22: The Health Bar doesn't show your full health and instead it says you have 1 unit of health less then you should have - This is another purely cosmetic glitch which can be ignored (Credit to brafix for this info) Source: LINK

23: There is a bug in the Circle Of Slaughter that sometimes causes enemies to not spawn - All you can do about this is blow yourself up, redo it from scratch and hope it doesn't happen again.

24: Player 2 loses their backpack and weapon slots after beating the game - To prevent this from happening, make sure you do not get within melee range of the final boss but kill it from a distance. If you do get hit by this bug then all you can do is load an earlier save or start a new character.

See here for further details: LINK (Credit to PepperedSnoot for this info).

Edited by Terminator
Update.

25: The load screens makes no mention of Pearlescent items - This is an oversight on Gearbox's part and won't be fixed, especially since they're now working on on other projects now.

26: The character selection screen for Player 2 is sometimes very laggy - I have no idea what causes this glitch or how to fix it.

27: Player 2's settings don't save permanently - This is another known glitch with no cure.

28: Some weapons won't auto-reload - This is caused by using certain class mods and skills.

29: Joining an online game generates a new save file and items fail to transfer to your offline game - I suspect this is caused by the auto save screwing up so make sure you have a backup handy from before you went online. Source: LINK Credit to Pseudonym for this info.

30: The Rakk in random parts of the game will get stuck in a bad path finding loop and won't attack or retreat, they also become much harder to hit - There isn't much you can do about this as it's a scripting issue. You can ease the problem in some cases by making sure there are no obstacles in the way when they attack/retreat.

31: For some unknown reason the Rank and Proficiency trophies all pop at once - I'm not sure about this one, my personal feeling is this caused by a hack or some kind of online glitch. See here for more info: LINK

32: To prevent a rare but nasty crash when fighting Mad Mel, leave your vehicle outside the arena, enter it and get yourself killed by the enemies that are inside. Once you've re-spawned, stand/crouch on the ramp that leads into the arena, get your Rocket Launcher out and start picking off the Rocket Launcher Runners. After all the Runners have been destroyed, Mad Mel himself will appear in his custom Runner and he's a lot tougher than the others so be prepared for a fight. Mad Mel will also have a couple of normal Rocket Launcher Runners guarding him so make sure you also destroy them as well. Once they're all dead, you can safely enter the arena and make your way to the Dahl Headland Transition Gate.

34: The screen flickers in and out of existence until the game starts - This is caused by playing whilst PSN is down for maintenance, all you can do is either sign out or play offline.

35: On loading the game you are informed that the DLCs have been installed, despite the fact you already installed them a while back - This glitch seems to be linked to the above bug to do with PSN going down, it also causes some intro cutscenes to play again, even though you've already seen them. This bug appears harmless if a little annoying.

36: On very rare occasions guns will spawn with no special features whatsoever - This bug is harmless if annoying but there is no cure. I suspect it's related to a similar bug the Underdome DLC has but i have no proof.

37: On extremely rare occasions the game will get stuck for a few seconds whilst trying to load the Main Menu - This is an annoying glitch but appears harmless, there is no cure for it though.

38: Item cards don't show all the available stats - This is a long standing bug. There was an attempt to fix it but it was explained that to fully fix it would render the info unreadable, especially in Splitscreen so the current 1/2 fix is all we're going to get.

39: The in-game store only has the Zombie Island DLC in it - This has been a problem for years and the 1.06 patch has done nothing to fix it but there is hope that there will be a fix of some kind since there's been a lot of renewed interest in this game lately.

40: You stop levelling up - This is a weird one and the only fixes I can think of are to restore a backup or to go into a friend's game and see if you can jump start the process again, by having them power level you for a bit.

41: The Scavenger: Sniper mission can bug out when looking for the Rifle Stock, by making that part invisible and un-findable. The only possible fixes for this, are to either load an earlier save and try again or find someone online who hasn't started this mission yet and have them invite you into their game whilst they finish it.

Edited by Terminator
Update.

Gearbox Mercenary Pack Glitches:

1: The Gearbox Mercenary Pack does not show up in the Manage Content menu - This is an oversight on the part of the developers and won't be fixed without a patch from them.

The Zombie Island Of Dr. Ned Glitches:

1: The antique vending machine in Jakobs Cove stops working - There is no known solution for this glitch, purely because nobody knows what causes it.

2: Chronic Frame-Rate issues are experienced, in particular when using incendiary weapons/artefacts or Lilith's Phoenix Skill. Killing Corpse Eaters also produces Frame-Rate issues - For Lilith, the best thing you can do is Respec, take all the skill points out of the Phoenix skill and put them back once you've finished with this DLC. Overall there is little you can do about this problem.

3: The rope around the bound Claptrap disappears without warning but he still acts like he's tied up - This is another one of those bugs without a known cause or cure.

4: For some unknown reason the front door to the windmill in Jakobs Cove returns to being locked after use - I suspect this is a script glitch but is harmless if irritating. There is no cure or prevention for this.

7: For some unknown reason, 2 of the 3 turrets in Jacobs Cove will sporadically deactivate and re-activate without warning - I have no idea what causes this nor how to prevent it. This problem seems to be a lot worse in the Stackable release for some reason.

8: There are Unexplained audio drop-outs in parts of the Lumber Mill after the penultimate fight - This is most likely down to poor coding and sound object placement but there is no cure, just stay out of the affected areas.

9:

I didn't see this mentioned but I was playing the Dr. Ned DLC and when the game was loading Generally Hospital, the XMB popped up saying that the data has been corrupted and had to be deleted to play the game again, then the PS3 restarted itself and rather than just straight out deleting the data I loaded it up again and everything seemed to work ok I'm kind of nervous that something might be wrong with my save though.
Thanks to Crazy1 81 for this info.

I have no idea what causes this bug so be careful and make plenty of save file backups.

10: Whilst sending the lift down to you from his treetop surgery, Dr. Zed's Voice cuts out during certain sentences - This is a script glitch and will need a patch to fix it. You should still be able to see what he's saying by turning on the Subtitles, this glitch also sometimes affects the mission "Missing: Hank Reiss".

11: The Loudspeakers in Jakobs Cove produce garbled and inaudible sounds - Like the earlier audio glitch, this likely a coding issue which will take a patch to fix.

12: If you have the "Upsale" mission active when when you come back from Dead Haven and then save, the previous mission will reactivate but fortunately it's a false re-activation and can be removed by changing to another active mission. This appears to only be a problem with the Assassin class.

13: On very rare occasions you can get 2 TK Bahas at his Fyrestone home after installing this DLC - I have no idea what causes this bug or how to fix it but it appears harmless.

14: The prompt to place the Power Coupling during the mission "Upsale" doesn't appear - This is a script bug that will take a patch to fix, until such a patch appears all you can do is hammer the "use" button until it works.

15: Completing the missions "Upsale" and "Claptrap Rescue: Lumber Yard" early on playthrough 1 results in loot that's levelled from 37 upwards - I have a strong feeling this an unfortunate side effect of the 1.05 rebalancing patch, there is nothing you can do except don't start either mission until you're Lv37 or above.

Mad Moxxie's Underdome Riot Glitches (some of these these might be present in the PS4 version):

1: There's 4 main glitches you have to watch out for in the Underdome DLC:

- Class and Grenade Mods and Shields going missing.

- The Big Tournament trophy not popping.

- Rounds not starting.

- The final Big Arena round not ending.

If any items do go missing then don't Fast Travel out of the Underdome or do another match else you'll lose them for good. To retrieve a missing item, place an item of the same type in that slot and the missing one should reappear in your equipment list. If this doesn't work, then restoring a backup is your only option! Also, make sure you have at least the 1.04 patch installed as that got rid of 1 cause of items disappearing.

Should the Big Tournament trophy fail to pop, you have 3 options:

- Restore a backup from before you finished the final Large Arena and try it again.

- Play the waiting game. It's been reported that loading the affected save several days later will cause the trophy to pop.

- Redo all 6 arenas with another character.

The main cause of this glitch is mixing and matching characters and Playthroughs i.e doing the Small Arenas with one character on Playthrough 1 and doing the Large Arenas on Playthrough 2 with another character (or the original one). Providing you do all 6 Arenas with the same Character(s) on the same Playthrough with the same host, you'll be fine. Playing under another profile can also glitch this trophy: LINK (Credit to Wedge19 for this info).

It's also been reported the trophy for finishing the small arenas can be awkward about popping and may not appear when it should, see here for more info: LINK

If a round fails to start you only have 2 options:

- Blow yourself up with rockets or grenades (Will send you back a few rounds).

- Quit the arena and start over.

Using either of the above solutions will cause you to lose progress so only do them as a last resort.

If a round fails to end you only have 1 option which is to manually exit back to the Underdome but doing this may glitch the Big Tournament trophy. If this glitch strikes then redo the Arena that glitched before you start on the next one.

There is no known prevention for either of the rounds not starting/ending bugs so pray they don't happen.

2: The DLC won't download - This is a rare problem but there are things you can do:

- Wait a while and try again.

- Try re-downloading it from your Download History in the Account Management menu.

- Find a copy of the GOTY Edition (the one with all the DLCs on the disc and not the one with the voucher).

If none of these work then you may have a problem with your PS3 so see the stickied threads in the Tech Centre for advice: Tech Centre

3: You lose the ability to save after playing a co-op game in the Large Gully Arena - All you can really do is try my suggestions in the 2nd post of this thread: LINK

Edited by Terminator
Update.

4: This isn't strictly speaking a glitch, more of a low level exploit but if you follow the instructions here: LINK then you make finishing this DLC a breeze (Credit to BlackConvoy)

5: Some of the end-of-round Reward items spawn under the map and can't be picked up - This is a known glitch with no cure or prevention.

6: Some of the Resupply Kits get stuck above the ground and can't be picked up - The only thing you can do is make sure you're in a wide open space when the resupply arrives.

7: The enemies are invisible in co-op and can't be seen except by Roland's Turret - This is a new one on me, it may be a side effect of the 1.06 patch but I can't be sure (credit to ShadowStar83x for telling me about this).

The Secret Armoury Of General Knoxx Glitches:

1: The Blockades and some enemies on the The Ridgeway intermittently disappear and reappear after a certain mission - There is no cure or prevention for this bug but it does have its uses as it allows you to bypass a LOT of enemies.

2: Enemies spawn under the map in the Circle Of Duty and cannot be killed - Unfortunately this is an extremely common glitch but there are a couple of things you can do about it:

- If an enemy does glitch and become un-killable, then kill yourself by walking off the cliff and retry the round.

- Try and stay near the middle of the map where ever possible as this should "persuade" the enemies to spawn properly.

- Use Eridian weapons and/or Transfusion/Longbow Grenades to kill the trapped enemy (Credit to Nakatomi_Uk and Soothsayer for this info) (Source: LINK)

This glitch doesn't happen every time so you should be all right after a respawn if it does glitch.

3: Sometimes Rocketeers spawn under the map near the Entrance to the Armoury (on the The Crimson Tollway side) - There's nothing you can do about this though it does make that part of the map a little easier as they can't attack you. This glitch is intermittent and doesn't happen all the time.

4: Athena's rescue cutscene replays everytime you go near her cell after loading/re-loading your save - This is likely a script glitch but is harmless if a little irritating.

5: The game disc makes odd whirring noises when playing this DLC - I have zero idea what causes this glitch but it appears to be harmless.

6: Some of General Knoxx's ECHO recordings cut out and produce no audio - Like the other similar glitches, this is a scripting problem that will take a patch to fix.

7: On extremely rare occasions the Graphics will go bonkers during the load screen whilst transitioning to another area, this causes all the graphics to stretch out and go rainbow coloured thus making it near impossible to see where you're going - I have no idea what causes this nor how to prevent it. The only fix is to save, exit and reload your game.

It's a good idea to backup your saves before you enter either the Underdome or the Armoury just in case anything does go wrong.

8: Pearlescent items only go up to Lv68 - I'm not 100% sure this is a bug but if it is then that sucks. Unless Gearbox decide to patch this (unlikely), there is nothing you can do about it.

9: Typhon can glitch out and become unreachable and unkillable - This seems to be a new bug that was introduced with the 1.06/1.02 patch. The only thing can do is back up your save before starting this mission then restoring it if the game glitches out. If you don't have a backup handy then you'll have to either splitscreen it with another character which hasn't done this mission yet or find someone online who hasn't started it.

Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Glitches:

1: The Claptrap DLC doesn't appear on the other persons installed DLC list whilst viewing available online games - This is a known bug so until Gearbox fixes it (which is unlikely) you will have live with it.

2: Starting this DLC on Playthrough 1 then switching to Playthrough 2 renders the DLC un-completable - I've only heard of this glitch happening once and that was here: LINK (Many thanks to ShadBlade for this info). The only cure is to load a save from before you got glitched and finish this DLC on Playthrough 1. To prevent this glitch, don't switch playthroughs until you've got all the trophies/missions done.

3: Activating the Respawn pole to the left of the Bandit-Trap Camp in Hyperion Dump generates a weird lighting glitch/effect - This is an engine glitch and will take a patch to fix.

How to backup your saves:

In the XMB, under the "Game" section, there is an entry called "Saved Games Utility (PS3)". In there scroll down the list to "Borderlands", where you will find one save per character. Find the character in question (it will be the one on top if you just saved) and hit :triangle: and you will see a "copy" option. As long as you have a USB flash/hard drive and/or another PS3 profile, you will see them in the list of where you can copy it.

Many thanks to TigerLust for allowing me to use this information.

Source: LINK

Edited by Terminator
Update.

PS4 Specific issues:

Underdome stability issues:

It has been reported that the Large Arenas can become very unstable and crash when the player reaches approx rounds 15-20. It's thought that there is an element of speed involved, because taking it easy and not rushing through the rounds will make the DLC more likely to crash. The Retail version of the game, is reportedly even more unstable and won't even let you enter the Underdome without it crashing during Fast Travel.

Golden Keys disappear after redeeming a code/loyalty rewards aren't received at all:

There's currently no fix or prevention for this, thus all you can do is email Gearbox Support and ask them to re-add the missing items to your Shift accounts but the problem is being worked on so hopefully it will be fixed soon

Screen tearing:

The Screen tearing is at its worst in the Arid Badlands and Jakobs Cove but can happen anywhere. Gearbox and Blind Squirrel Games are aware of this so hopefully, it will be fixed soon.

Echo Log glitches and generally poor audio:

The Echo Logs are prone to glitching out and either going dead silent, out of sync or just showing a blank Echo. The Dr. Ned, Zed, Scooter and Tannis audio are also buggy and prone to dropping out at random. The devs are aware of these problems but it's currently unknown if they have any intention of fixing them.

Extreme menu lag whilst choosing a character:

This is due a memory leak caused by chosen character having Playthrough 2 and/or Playthrough 2.5 unlocked. Until a patch fixes this problem, there's nothing you can do about it :(.

Infinite Load screens/Softlock during Load screens:

This problem seems to be exclusive to the Armory DLC but no-one knows what the cause is or how to fix it.

Installation corruption whilst using an external Hard Drive:

All you can do is move the install to the internal Hard Drive and pray it doesn't happen again.

Splitscreen characters can interfere with each other's menus:

Again, this is a known bug with no cure or prevention.

Brick stays in First Person, regardless of if he's driving or not:

The Options menu overflows its boundaries when view via the Main menu:

Saves cannot be imported:

See here for more details: LINK

Collision detection and physics problems:

The collision detection is wonky as heck in a lot of places and the physics are dodgy as well but the devs are ware of this so hopefully there will be a fix before long.

The Money counter bugs out and won't let you buy anything:

This is an exacerbation of a bug in the PS3 version that causes the Money Challenges to endlessly loop after you earn -999,999,999 Dollars but in the PS4 version, the game panics after triggering the "How much for the planet?" challenge for the second time and will lock you out of buying anything if you pick up any money drops. To work around this, sell any random item - then the game will let you buy stuff again.

Your settings get reset after accepting the T&Cs a second time:

For some unknown reason, the game will randomly ask you to reaccept the T&Cs for this game - even though you have already done so and will subsequently wipe your game settings and sometimes even your Golden Keys as well. There's no fix for this, thus it's recommended that you make frequent backups so you can quickly recover your saves if anything goes wrong.

Warnings:

1: If your character succumbs to certain glitches, then don't play with anyone else until you've dealt with the problem as you don't want to spread the problem.

2: Definitely don't backup a glitched or corrupted file without fixing it first as that'll just perpetuate the problem!

3: If your save has a viral glitch that cannot be fixed, then DELETE it or else your character will become the digital equivalent of a plague carrier!

Notes:

- All the info I've posted should work regardless of if you have the GOTY or one of the Game only editions. If you find anything that doesn't work on a particular edition then please let me know so I can update the guide. I always give credit to anyone that provides any info that is used.

- Where-ever I've quoted someone, I may have corrected the spelling and grammar to make reading easier.

- Before reporting any trophy glitches to me, make sure you check your trophies first as it may have popped with you realising it.

Edited by Terminator
Update.

Nice where did you find that?

Too bad I didn't know that a week ago before I started another new game playing as the hunter. Oh well, I'm almost done now. I'll have to say though, I never had a doubt about enjoying the game after playing through it again.

Doesn'T work always it seems.

I got a character that can not move into Trash Coast.

After killing Jakob you should talk to the Claptrap and he opens the Waypoint, then a new Mission pops up so you can enter.

Well, i talk to the Claptrap... And no mission = no waypoint.

Just made a new Character so its no biggie.

Too bad you're fix didn't helped tho. :think:

Have you tried loading up your duff character in split-screen with a character that hasn't done this quest yet :think:?

Yes.

Splitscreen in co-op (bugged as 2nd) with a character that has not done the quest.

Splitscreen in co-op (bugged as 2nd) with a character that is doing the quest results in the 1st Character not beeing able to travel to trash Coast too. :)

But, when i load only the 1st Character, he can finish it.

My save for level 48 hunter became corrupted after I lost connection to server while teleporting to a New-U station. I was playing online with a friend and he also lost connection but his save file is fine. This is bullshit that the server disconnected first of all. I seem to experience lost connections only while playing Borderlands online. What's up Gearbox? Can't provide good quality servers for your customers. Loved this game but won't be buying Borderlands 2 solely on the fact that Gearbox has shitty servers!

The servers Suck because Gearbox cheapped out and went with GameSpy's notoriously bad servers. Online play wasn't originally going to be included but the hype surrounding MW2 was so great, they tacked it on during the dying days of development and moved the Release date forward by 2 months to beat MW2 to the finish line.

I see you added quite some stuff. Really helpful for the unfortunate one's. Never been online with my main character (only 5-10 minutes online with a sub char, playing with AFKers :p)

I did however, exploit the Armory, but I was at least smart enough to know which room not to enter, unlike some and screaming for help all over the place, haha ;)

Great thread :applause:

(I seriously hope GB has learned from this. BL2, NO GAMESPY SERVERS FFS! A whole new online system would be great actually. Co-op worked, but all the damn stories I've heard from playing with randoms. And this thread is proof of all that.)

Edited by Vuule