I need to rant.

RauCHeN ToKEN

First and foremost let me start off by saying I'm super bummed. One of my favorite things about RPG aspects of games is the leveling up. When I hit the level cap it saddens me because I can't gain anymore XP to add new skills and yadda yadda so of course when the UVH Packs 1 & 2 dropped I snatched them up quick.

I have an OP8 Sal and a 43 Zer0. I like Zer0's melee play style a lot and have done a lot of research to get full potential out of his melee as he is one of the most advanced characters in the game, but we'll save all that for another day.

So I got the Plat and decided to start a siren and get her to TVHM and then start the DLC's and get 100% with her. Tonight I was playing with her at level 38 and saw my buddy was on so I went to the quick change to respec to a healer (that's how I roll with her when online) and hopped into his game.

Not even 20 seconds into his game I see DING! LEVEL UP! and I'm now at 46! A second later SAME THING but now 58. I saved and quit IMMEDIATELY. But it was too late. I still gained XP while it was saving before quitting and when I got to the main menu I was capped out at 72. My main story in TVHM is flame of the firehawk because as soon as I got to sanctuary I started the DLC.

So now I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do. I really want to play as Maya because she's a blast but I saw when I was loading into his game that I had a days worth of playtime. All just ruined like that. So fast. I don't want to run through the story super OP'd. That's just not fun. I hate it.

I was finished (trophy wise) with Scarlett's DLC, have 3 more side missions with torgue to finish those trophies and had just started Big Game.

Moral of this story.. If you're going to cheat SET YOUR NETWORK SETTINGS TO INVITE ONLY. I'm so mad.

/rant

The other moral is to back up your saves regularly then if something like this happens, you can restore your saves and go back to where you were.

I also realized after the fact that if I would have quit to XMB instead of main menu it wouldn't have saved :( but in the heat of the moment all I could think was 'LEAVE'