As fun as this game was

TunnelingEffect

I really, really hope there are no more DLC trophies. I bought the season pass when it initially released and have played the 4 main DLC's. Haven't bothered with the 2nd level cap raise or the 3 or 4 headhunter dlc's that have come out.

I feel like I'm utterly done with this game after 350+ hours and if they keep adding more stuff, It'd be borderline milking. There's no way this game HASN'T made ridiculous amounts of profit. Gearbox needs to start focusing on BL3 which no doubt will be on PS4 / X-ONE. It's probably in early stages of dev but they really need to let the "goty" edition be the final nail in the coffin for this game. Not saying it should die or anything and of course this is all just my opinion. I'm so tired of getting my 100% (which ive done, 5 different times now, initially, first dlc, second dlc, third, and fourth)

Funny how the goty edition doesn't even have everything. That is sickening to me personally. If they do another season pass, there will undoubtedly be trophies. I'm not questioning the room for them (91 is the max any game can have, isn't it? BL2 stands at 70 or 71)

Are they going to release a super mega ultimate goty edition with EVERYTHING EVERYTHING for real this time? I mean, come on...

Again, I'm not looking to argue with anyone or something. I'd like to hear peoples opinions, actually. What do you think? Let BL2 go or should gearbox keep pumping out all these unimportant DLC's for a game we've played to death already?

PS tiny tinas dlc ran like absolute garbage, it was VERY clear the game was not meant to have all these special effects and monsters on screen. Doing murderlins trials was headache inducing, Running at 15-20~ fps felt like a blessing at that point and I WAS SOLO.

I really, really hope there are no more DLC trophies. I bought the season pass when it initially released and have played the 4 main DLC's. Haven't bothered with the 2nd level cap raise or the 3 or 4 headhunter dlc's that have come out.

I feel like I'm utterly done with this game after 350+ hours and if they keep adding more stuff, It'd be borderline milking. There's no way this game HASN'T made ridiculous amounts of profit. Gearbox needs to start focusing on BL3 which no doubt will be on PS4 / X-ONE. It's probably in early stages of dev but they really need to let the "goty" edition be the final nail in the coffin for this game. Not saying it should die or anything and of course this is all just my opinion. I'm so tired of getting my 100% (which ive done, 5 different times now, initially, first dlc, second dlc, third, and fourth)

Funny how the goty edition doesn't even have everything. That is sickening to me personally. If they do another season pass, there will undoubtedly be trophies. I'm not questioning the room for them (91 is the max any game can have, isn't it? BL2 stands at 70 or 71)

Are they going to release a super mega ultimate goty edition with EVERYTHING EVERYTHING for real this time? I mean, come on...

Again, I'm not looking to argue with anyone or something. I'd like to hear peoples opinions, actually. What do you think? Let BL2 go or should gearbox keep pumping out all these unimportant DLC's for a game we've played to death already?

PS tiny tinas dlc ran like absolute garbage, it was VERY clear the game was not meant to have all these special effects and monsters on screen. Doing murderlins trials was headache inducing, Running at 15-20~ fps felt like a blessing at that point and I WAS SOLO.

I have to disagree. From trophies point of view ofcourse everytime trophies are added and 100% is reduced people complain. But you should consider the big community this game has and how many people still playing it every day. One short visit to gearbox forums proves that too many people still playing, making builds, giving advise, finding new thing etc. There are so many people atm wishing gearbox makes a dlc concerning hyperion moonbase and no doubt it will sell very good if half hour long headhunter dlc sells.

And yes BL3 would be perfect on next gen but this will take long until its out and more content on current game isnt bad.

Also imo Tiny tinas dlc was really good for dlc and there are games out there asking for full price for this content. Yes i noticed some lag at murderlin temple but still its a very challenging event to test your builds and its only a small part of the dlc.

In conclusion i never understand when people say a company shouldnt make more dlc. Companies make dlc if people gonna buy them. If there are few people buying somthing Companies wont go into spending vauable time, Money and effort if they wont make Money. And if people keep bying something means they are enjoying it and who am i to argue what someone enjoys or no. I for myself speaking still enjoy the game and i will buy any new content.

It's all about supply and demand. If you're done with the game then hopefully you've enjoyed the time you've spent with it. Sometimes we put things down that no longer interest us at the same level as our 1st experience. We move on to new experiences, sometimes going back to the old for a brief reminisce. The passion either gets rekindled or smothered out.

Chances are with the release of the GOTY nothing new will be released. But that is not a guarantee.

It's all about supply and demand. If you're done with the game then hopefully you've enjoyed the time you've spent with it. Sometimes we put things down that no longer interest us at the same level as our 1st experience. We move on to new experiences, sometimes going back to the old for a brief reminisce. The passion either gets rekindled or smothered out.

Chances are with the release of the GOTY nothing new will be released. But that is not a guarantee.

This^

With the recent release of the GOTY Edition and the Mercenary Day DLC, there is a very good chance that the next Hot Fix along with the 1.11 patch will be final support this game gets before Gearbox move onto other things.

I love BL2 to bits but I've got such a large backlog that I can't devote as much time to it as I'd like to :(.

Edited by Terminator
Rephrased.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I got the reaction I wanted to see: people who love this game and want more still. I feel completely done and if I were to play it again due to extra trophies being patched in I might start really disliking the game. I don't want that to happen at all. As evidence of my play-time I really did pour a lot of effort into this and enjoyed all of it. I started losing steam with the game around hammerlocks hunt back in april, and it took me until december to get around to tiny tina's DLC.

This turned out to be a more vent-y topic than I wanted, due to my own weathered outlook on BL2 itself. For anyone still madly in love with this game from launch--I salute you.

What I read here makes a lot of sense, and I actually googled about the second season pass after I made this topic. The idea got scrubbed, apparently. Not enough "all in one package" demand for a second round.