XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > B (PS3) > Borderlands 2

Old 10-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Normal mode vs. True Vault Hunter Mode

Whats the difference? I am going to assume TVHM is more difficult and gives out better loot, but will I loose any of my char's data (guns, level, etc.) ?

I just beat the game, and am now going to go do the side missions I never completed... thanks for the responses ahead of time!

boogiebfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiebfla View Post
Whats the difference? I am going to assume TVHM is more difficult and gives out better loot, but will I loose any of my char's data (guns, level, etc.) ?

I just beat the game, and am now going to go do the side missions I never completed... thanks for the responses ahead of time!
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/bor...lt+hunter+mode
Actually already posted a thread about this man..

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
HonoredCivilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:

Enemies are now level 35+. You don't lose anything because you're using the same character. Your guns and your storage vault will carry over.

Thanks to RED_REBEL44 for the awesome Avatar & Sig!
SOFxColdPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Totoyeahwhat

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronzer Than Nothing   Community Gaming Event Platinum   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   5,000 Posts   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

Only thing that will reset is your quests. And remember, you can always switch back to your playtrough 1 whenever you want to
Old 10-17-2012, 01:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

How do you get out of true vault hunter mode?
Tulan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

From the main menu press triangle, then choose an existing character that has already completed normal mode, and then you will get a choice between Normal mode and TVHM.

Just bare in mind that whichever you choose you the game will automatically take you to that mode whenever you press "Continue" at the menu and will always take you to that mode until you manually choose the other game mode through the main menu again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea Pirlo
I don't feel pressure. I don't give a toss about it. I spent the afternoon of Sunday, July 9, 2006 in Berlin sleeping and playing the PlayStation. In the evening, I went out and won the World Cup.
JHChiBulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:

well if you never played borderlands 1, it's pretty much taking all your stats/guns n inventory and current level and having you start over where the enemies are on your level from the very start of the game. Which gives you chances to acquire more powerful weapons. With all the dlc from the first it was possible to have a playthrough 3 too.

TVHM - True Vault Hunter Mode is just a different name for Playthrough 2 gearbox made so those who never played the original like new fans wouldn't get confused. It does the same thing as the original game, your stats, badass rank, weapons inventory, current level challenges completed all carry over to a new game with level 33+ enemies and higher chances to getting better loot.

Trophy information will be updated on this site progressively.

Youtube Channel, Make Lets Plays
http://www.youtube.com/user/jagr06/v...ow=grid&view=0
StealthBlade98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission

I got a question about TVHM. I'm close to finishing my PT2 and someone told me that all side-mission, etc. will be upped to lvl 50/52 after beating PT2. Does that also count for side-missions that I've already started and maybe already have completed 1 objective?

Mostly I'm wondering because of loot of course but I still have the Flesh-Stick mission open. This way I could help a friend level up a character much quicker.

Auguscht28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #9 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   10,000 Posts   Gold  Road Map Submitter   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Gold Submission   Guide Supplement Bronze   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auguscht28 View Post
Does that also count for side-missions that I've already started and maybe already have completed 1 objective?
No. You need to start it in Pt2.5 (which unlock automatically after beating Pt2. It's not actually a mode you can choose though, such as Normal and TVH mode).

Check out my YouTube for Trophy Guides and More!
My Trophies Sig&Ava by RED_REBEL44
Old 10-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #10 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ll1ng5pr33 View Post
No. You need to start it in Pt2.5 (which unlock automatically after beating Pt2. It's not actually a mode you can choose though, such as Normal and TVH mode).
Cheers for the quick response. Yeah, I know what PT2.5 is. Ah fuck...that wasn't the answer I was hoping for. There is that one mission in Sanctuary where you can get the pistol with 100% melee damage and have already started it....crap...I wanted to save that one after beating TVHM.

Anyway thx for the info mate. Great job on the guides btw!

Auguscht28 is offline   Reply With Quote