Normal mode vs. True Vault Hunter Mode

boogiebfla

Whats the difference? :D I am going to assume TVHM is more difficult and gives out better loot, but will I loose any of my char's data (guns, level, etc.) ?

I just beat the game, and am now going to go do the side missions I never completed... thanks for the responses ahead of time!

Whats the difference? :D I am going to assume TVHM is more difficult and gives out better loot, but will I loose any of my char's data (guns, level, etc.) ?

I just beat the game, and am now going to go do the side missions I never completed... thanks for the responses ahead of time!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/borderlands-2/172987-new-game.html?highlight=true+vault+hunter+mode

Actually already posted a thread about this man..

Enemies are now level 35+. You don't lose anything because you're using the same character. Your guns and your storage vault will carry over.

• 2 weeks later...

From the main menu press triangle, then choose an existing character that has already completed normal mode, and then you will get a choice between Normal mode and TVHM.

Just bare in mind that whichever you choose you the game will automatically take you to that mode whenever you press "Continue" at the menu and will always take you to that mode until you manually choose the other game mode through the main menu again.

well if you never played borderlands 1, it's pretty much taking all your stats/guns n inventory and current level and having you start over where the enemies are on your level from the very start of the game. Which gives you chances to acquire more powerful weapons. With all the dlc from the first it was possible to have a playthrough 3 too.

TVHM - True Vault Hunter Mode is just a different name for Playthrough 2 gearbox made so those who never played the original like new fans wouldn't get confused. It does the same thing as the original game, your stats, badass rank, weapons inventory, current level challenges completed all carry over to a new game with level 33+ enemies and higher chances to getting better loot.

I got a question about TVHM. I'm close to finishing my PT2 and someone told me that all side-mission, etc. will be upped to lvl 50/52 after beating PT2. Does that also count for side-missions that I've already started and maybe already have completed 1 objective?

Mostly I'm wondering because of loot of course but I still have the Flesh-Stick mission open. This way I could help a friend level up a character much quicker.

No. You need to start it in Pt2.5 (which unlock automatically after beating Pt2. It's not actually a mode you can choose though, such as Normal and TVH mode).

Cheers for the quick response. Yeah, I know what PT2.5 is. Ah fuck...that wasn't the answer I was hoping for. There is that one mission in Sanctuary where you can get the pistol with 100% melee damage and have already started it....crap...I wanted to save that one after beating TVHM.

Anyway thx for the info mate. Great job on the guides btw! :)

Question:

As far as trophies go, do you need to finish TVHM or a PT2.5? I know there is one for reaching level 50, but is that doable in TCHM? Can you get to level 50 without doing TVHM and still get Platinum?

I ask because I seriously doubt I will survive TVHM. :p I figure with 4 DLCs coming out, maybe I can get to 50 by doing those, but who knows.

Question:

As far as trophies go, do you need to finish TVHM or a PT2.5? I know there is one for reaching level 50, but is that doable in TCHM? Can you get to level 50 without doing TVHM and still get Platinum?

I ask because I seriously doubt I will survive TVHM. :p I figure with 4 DLCs coming out, maybe I can get to 50 by doing those, but who knows.

There's no way you'll get to 50 without playing some of TVH mode. There just isn't enough XP in Normal mode to get there. You probably don't need to finish all the missions again, but you'll need to play some of it.

I got a question about TVHM. I'm close to finishing my PT2 and someone told me that all side-mission, etc. will be upped to lvl 50/52 after beating PT2. Does that also count for side-missions that I've already started and maybe already have completed 1 objective?

Mostly I'm wondering because of loot of course but I still have the Flesh-Stick mission open. This way I could help a friend level up a character much quicker.

Just an update from my side. I've just finished PT2. The mission is still Lvl 39 as I have started it already before finishing TVHM but Flesh-Stick however is now Lvl 52 and gives a shit load of XP. So the boosting still works.

However the rewards are leveld according to the Lvl when the mission was started.

So, if I only play TVHM until I get to level 50, I won't need to do anything else in TVHM to get platinum? I don't have to beat the game a second time or anything like that?

Correct. You'll also have to take that level 50 character back into Normal mode to defeat Terramorphous. (unless you go hide in a higher level player's game, and let them defeat him; or find the magical shield and shotgun combo)

I have been told many times I will not be able to take on Terramorphous myself, anyway. I can try your suggestion, though, of taking my level 50 into normal. I actually didn't think of that. :p

Well, Terramorphous is still level 52 in Normal, so not any easier. :(

It is possible to kill Terramorphous by yourself if you are the commando, siren or possibly the mechromancer. That is if you have the right items and strategy. before I had any orange items I was distracting him with two turrets. If you're using the bee shield or conference call gun then of course it' a different story and he's dead instantly.

I am just hoping I can get the Bee shield. I haven't gotten to that point in the game, yet.

So far, I haven't had any real trouble up to this point, but everyone says the Warrior will need more co-op.

I now have a co-op buddy who plays this game and has said he will help me with stuff, so I think I will be okay. I hope. :p

I am just hoping I can get the Bee shield. I haven't gotten to that point in the game, yet.

So far, I haven't had any real trouble up to this point, but everyone says the Warrior will need more co-op.

I now have a co-op buddy who plays this game and has said he will help me with stuff, so I think I will be okay. I hope. :p

I (as a Commando) co-op'd Warrior with my buddy playing as an Assassin. I never went into 'man-down', but he was constantly. Maybe I was using the wrong set of guns at the time, but I found Warrior to be an annoying bullet sponge. I spent more time waiting for the ammo drops to respawn, than anything.

I finally started using the Commando. Didn't like him at first, but he's growing on me. My main character is a Siren, followed by the Commando and Mechromancer at around the same level each.

I tried using the Assassin and Gunzerker, but I don't like them. I get crushed using them, even with bonuses from the badass points.

That's what I liked about the Mechromancer. Deathtrap is almost like playing co-op, and he is beastly. The turret gets destroyed too easily.

Out of using them both for equal levels, Deathtrap only went away due to being destroyed once, and that was when he got destroyed by 2 badass bullymongs and 2 adult bullymongs. Every other time he left was because his time ran out.

I do like using Maya's Phaselock, though. I have it right now so it draws in nearby enemies, so I use it as a grenade trap. It sucks them in as I throw a grenade, then concentrate my fire on the trapped guy while the grenade takes out the others (or at least really hurts them).

It's like always having a singularity grenade mod. Works great for trapping someone near a barrel, too. Draw them in, explode the barrel, and watch them hurt (especially corrosion barrels).

... The turret gets destroyed too easily. ...

Make sure you're not throwing it into the middle of the battle, where enemies can melee it. The turret is best used by placing it on the perimeter, with a good vantage point of the whole battlefield. Then you go flank from the other side. Upgrading its rounds/min, accuracy, and adding the rocket pods turns it into a beast! The Miss's (as Axton's dubs it!) takes down Badass Loaders and Constructors all by herself in the late game.