Split screen with multiple users?

Keyser Soze

So from what I'm reading, there's no way to locally co-op on 1 ps3 with 2 different account and both earn trophies. is that really how it is? Is it supossed to be like that? I know on LBP2 both accounts can earn the same trophies, just the second account has to log in on their own time for them to pop.

Do yall think they might patch this? I wanna co-op with my man, and we both want trophies, but would hate to make this a double platinum grind project.

Also, for those without Ps Plus, can't you just flash drive your character over to another ps3? it worked on borderlands 1.

So from what I'm reading, there's no way to locally co-op on 1 ps3 with 2 different account and both earn trophies. is that really how it is? Is it supossed to be like that? I know on LBP2 both accounts can earn the same trophies, just the second account has to log in on their own time for them to pop.

Do yall think they might patch this? I wanna co-op with my man, and we both want trophies, but would hate to make this a double platinum grind project.

Also, for those without Ps Plus, can't you just flash drive your character over to another ps3? it worked on borderlands 1.

All you need to do is activate your account on your friends PS3, have your char info on a usb drive and when you are logged into his PS3 on your account copy the char data into the appropriate folder then log in as your friends account. Fire up the game and when it comes to choosing split screen players you can use your account for player 2. This allows the game to recognize your save file as a whole other accounts.

I did this with a friend and got my char to lvl 25 before ever playing on my console with the same saved data. And I can confirm you do not earn trophies whilst playing split screen.

EDIT: Also watch out for missing story missions... I ended up playing with my mate at different times of two of his chars so I ended up having 3/4 weapon slots but I was lvl 25 and a good chunk into the story. (Tho you will be happy to know anything you "skip" with him your save remembers and puts you back to the appropriate story mission. - Even if you are 17 levels above everything else.)

Edited by KivE

All you need to do is activate your account on your friends PS3, have your char info on a usb drive and when you are logged into his PS3 on your account copy the char data into the appropriate folder then log in as your friends account. Fire up the game and when it comes to choosing split screen players you can use your account for player 2. This allows the game to recognize your save file as a whole other accounts.

I did this with a friend and got my char to lvl 25 before ever playing on my console with the same saved data. And I can confirm you do not earn trophies whilst playing split screen.

EDIT: Also watch out for missing story missions... I ended up playing with my mate at different times of two of his chars so I ended up having 3/4 weapon slots but I was lvl 25 and a good chunk into the story. (Tho you will be happy to know anything you "skip" with him your save remembers and puts you back to the appropriate story mission. - Even if you are 17 levels above everything else.)

This helps alot. So whoever is player 2 should manually skip all missions while playing so they show up in solo play? or the game just reset the important missions?

This helps alot. So whoever is player 2 should manually skip all missions while playing so they show up in solo play? or the game just reset the important missions?

I wouldn't bother trying to skip the missions, the save data updates and keeps a log of all you do. For example you could do the missions to get to sanctuary then join a friends game who has finished the game and level up, hunt loot and generally have a laugh then you can go back to what you missed.

It resets to what you missed... For example the first time I played BL2 was at this mates, we played a few hours and got to the part before Sanctuary flys away and next time I played the game was on his second chars first play through which was just past that mission so when I took the save data home and started playing on my own I was on the mission before Tiny Tina and the fight with Wilhiem.

I had no idea what was going on at first as I expected to be alot further into the story but it took me back to the story mission I had missed. ;) Hence why I said the enemies were 17 levels lower than me.

Hope this helps as 90% of my BL2 PS3 play time has been on a mates console.