XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 09-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
F8L Fool

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Guide Supplement Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Helping Hand   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Lightbulb How To Find Jimmy Jenkins (NOT a boosting thread!)

IMPORTANT FACTS BEFORE YOU START:
  • Killing Jimmy Jenkins only completes the challenge for the person that gets the killing blow. This is the same way the Chubby creatures function for the Cute Loot trophy.
  • You can perform this method solo or in a party. It is rumored that he has a higher chance of appearing if you have more people.
  • You can do this on TVHM or Normal.
  • If you have 100% of the challenges completed after killing him, but the Challenge Accepted trophy still doesn't pop, do not panic: this is a known bug. Go complete one more level of any challenge and the trophy will appear. If it doesn't, you missed one so look through the list again and be thorough.
  • This can be performed without using the DLC, but it will A.) take much longer and B.) potentially cause the loaders/midgets to not spawn consistently.

Jimmy Jenkins is a tiny blue Hyperion Loot Loader that is required for the Challenge Accepted trophy (see the Trophy Guide and Challenge List/Walkthroughs for additional assistance with trophy). Like all loot midgets he can only appear in preset locations, from specific kinds of chests. For starters, Jimmy Jenkins cannot appear in a Treasure Chest. He can only appear in an ammo crate, cardboard box, or locker in certain Hyperion areas. The current confirmed locations are, in the order you first come across them in the game:
  • Wildlife Preservation
  • Opportunity
  • Thousand Cuts (Hyperion Expansion)
  • Hero's Pass
However, rather than have you run around looking in each area I will simply tell you the easiest method of farming him.

There are two requirements for this method to work:
1.) You or the person you are farming with must be on the Doctor's Orders" side mission, given by Tannis in Sanctuary. It becomes available once you reach the "Wildlife Preservation" story mission.
2.) One of you must also have the Creature's Slaughter Dome DLC unlocked.

Once you have met these requirements you can move on to the actual farming.

Step 1
Clear your way to the Creature's Slaughter dome

On your way there make sure you pick up the very first Echo Drive, so you are 1/4 before you get to the dome. Once you reach it immediately enter and exit it. You will now be saved right outside the dome, so when you Save/Quit you will no longer need to run from the entrance.

Step 2
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

After fighting the Super Badass Loader you will enter the Specimen Maintenance cell area. The experiments will all be sealed so you do not have to worry about them. If they aren't sealed for some reason, be sure to double check that you have still have the "Doctor's Orders" mission available.

Walk down the hall and turn to your right until you see the door. To the right of it is an open area with a loot chest, an ammo crate, and 4 cardboard boxes. In one of the boxes you will see a shining blue light; it is an Echo Drive. Open the boxes slowly, one at a time, but do not take out the Echo Drive. One of five types of Loot Loaders should come out of the boxes:
  • Jimmy Jenkins
  • Jet Loader
  • War Loader
  • Angelic Loader
  • Bandit Midget

In a perfect world the first box you open will have none other than good 'ol Jimmy pop out of it. However, he is the rarest loader so he most likely will not show himself quite that easy. He can appear in any of the four boxes, so you have four chances of getting him to appear.

If after all four of the cardboard boxes are opened Jimmy hasn't appeared, open the loot chest, take what you want, then Save/Quit.

Step 3
Repeat Step 2...Indefinitely

Now that you are saved outside of the Slaughter Dome you can Save/Quit then continue from right there. Continue to repeat Step 2 until you and/or everyone you are with that needs it have killed Jimmy Jenkins. When performed correctly in a party of 3 or more you will have a 100% chance of loot loaders appearing in the boxes.

It took me nine tries to get Jimmy Jenkins to appear using this method. It took my friends between 1 and 4 on average. To put this in perspective I had spent a combined 15 hours farming the widely confirmed Opportunity, Hero's Pass, and the Wildlife Preserve locations by myself to get him to appear, with zero luck.

I will add additional locations with videos and images later, so people that are playing through the game can make sure to open the chests when they pass through. I will also record the process described and post it here. If you are having any trouble, suggestions, or questions feel free to post them here.

Lastly, I'd like to give a huuuuuuuge thank you to Sonic-Thrasher and his cousin, for taking so much time to help me test and fine tune the farming method.

Successful Examples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamaistr View Post
the suggested manner in the OP @ wildlife preserve works, i found jimmy jenkins in 4 tries, its easy and quick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiid01 View Post
I'm also using this method to complete the Jenkins on my Gaige profile. I was farming today for a few hours and I got Jenkins 9 time. Hopefully, I can complete this challenge and continue playing the story later on. xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyPapie View Post
I was slightly skeptical about this method after reading all the nay sayers, but oh my. On my second play through on co-op i followed this guide exactly (With the doctors orders quest (Or w/e its called) selected) and went to the room. First box i open BAM THERES JIMMY! I was like.. woah... xD So i never had to farm him at all, thanks for the tips "F8L Fool" ^^ Oh and 4 midget looters did pop out of each box, so idk why people doubt this method xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC_ja_Niina View Post
I just found Jenkins using this method. 4 cardboard boxes in Wildlife Preservation ALWAYS spawned a loot guy. At my 6th try i got Jenkins and Challenge Accepted also. Did you do exactly as described in OP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDark View Post
Found him this morning with this exact method described in original post. Every run I would ALWAYS have a midget loader or looter pop out of each box. And by the third run I found Jenkins in the last box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mob_skater View Post
This method worked perfectly. I just got him on my 3rd try following fatals instructions. I did it solo and I'm currently level 24 if anyone cares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blevensp1 View Post
I can also confirm that this farming method works, at least for me anyways. I was on my first playthrough and at level 24. It took about 5 or 6 times and each time I would spawn a robot out of each cardboard box, just not Jenkins. The last time I not only spawned Jenkins, but he spawned twice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornagandarub View Post
And my friend just found Jimmy using this method on the first try. It took me about 20. So yes, it very much varies from person to person depending on how lucky you are.

Credit:
Nesta for pointing out that Doctor's Orders is the required mission, not Wildlife Preservation.

Well done is better than well said.
You claim to fear no man, but never walk without crew—
Ever since you learned the name of the Fatal Fool

Last edited by F8L Fool; 10-18-2012 at 06:15 PM.
F8L Fool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
Lukezordz

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Does this have to be done in coop mode?

I think ive seen a certain route you can go down in Opportunity, and open about 10 boxes, then save and quit and repeat.

Lukezordz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
farsight2000

Been trying to find him the past couple of days and have had no luck. Never thought to use the Annex as a restart point though, so thanks for that!

EDIT: After trying for about 30 minutes I quit. Started up again an hour later and got Jenkins on the third try. Solo BTW.
--I will not accept blank friend requests. Please leave "PS3T" along with the game you wish to boost when adding me. If you have not posted in this boosting thread you are reading, I will not add you. Thank you.--

Last edited by farsight2000; 09-29-2012 at 09:14 PM.
farsight2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
Vuule

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   10,000 Posts   Gold  Road Map Submitter   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Gold Submission   Guide Supplement Bronze   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukezordz View Post

I think ive seen a certain route you can go down in Opportunity, and open about 10 boxes, then save and quit and repeat.
Used that route myself and found him in 2-3 runs. But I'm sure it's just down to luck though :\

Check out my YouTube for Trophy Guides and More!
My Trophies Sig&Ava by RED_REBEL44

THL Season 7

Old 09-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #5
Shinobi X

Awards Showcase THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Helping Hand   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Silver   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   1,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday

Damn it, look like I need to do this in True Vault Hunter mode. This sucks. I will follow this guide, so thanks for the info.

Life Goes On l Avatar by Red Rebel l Sig. by Ryukori
Shinobi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #6
F8L Fool

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Guide Supplement Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Helping Hand   1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukezordz View Post

I wasn't able to test it on singleplayer due to the fact that I am already beyond the preserve on both difficulties. When I had attempted to farm it solo ~50+ times I was already well beyond the mission. The method described here is the only one I was able to find that reliably spawned loot loaders and Jimmy Jenkins. Be my guest to try it solo if you have the dome and aren't beyond the mission. Additional information is always a good thing, so don't hesitate to post your results.

For some odd reason starting from the dome seems to make the loaders spawn. I tried 3 times with a group of 4, starting from the very beginning of the entrance, without being able to get a single loader. I then did it another 5-6 times with 3 people and had the same results. Then we tried from the dome and the loaders started to spawn every single time.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
Brandon_2535

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiid01 View Post
Damn it, look like I need to do this in True Vault Hunter mode. This sucks. I will follow this guide, so thanks for the info.
I'm pretty sure it's possible to find him at any point in the game, but using this guide may help you find him quicker.

For me, I found him in Opportunity after I had already completed the game. I was playing on Normal too, not TVHM.
Brandon_2535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #8
Terminator
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Thanks for the info, it will come in handy .
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the Legofied avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then see the threads here: Guide Central. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #9
Nesta

I've been using basiically this same method for the past few days. Every single time I get 4 loot bots but no jenkins. I'm playing on PT 2.5 so i'm finished with the story. As long as you have the Doctor's orders quest they will spawn. If I'm not seeing him because the story is over is what I'm wondering or my luck is that bad
Old 09-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #10
F8L Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesta View Post
I've been using basiically this same method for the past few days. Every single time I get 4 loot bots but no jenkins. I'm playing on PT 2.5 so i'm finished with the story. As long as you have the Doctor's orders quest they will spawn. If I'm not seeing him because the story is over is what I'm wondering or my luck is that bad
So you think the connection between the loaders spawning or not is the Doctor's Orders side mission, and not the Wildlife Preserve story mission? If you are able to make them appear even without being on the Wildlife Preserve mission, then it's very likely to be true, in which case I would change the requirement. I actually was doing it while both missions were active so it's impossible for me to come to a conclusion either way. But a few quick questions:

Are you farming by yourself?
If no, then how many people are you farming with?
Are you playing on TVHM or Normal?
Approximately how many runs have you done?

Last edited by F8L Fool; 09-29-2012 at 09:57 PM.