How To Find Jimmy Jenkins (NOT a boosting thread!)

F8L Fool

IMPORTANT FACTS BEFORE YOU START:

• Killing Jimmy Jenkins only completes the challenge for the person that gets the killing blow. This is the same way the Chubby creatures function for the Cute Loot trophy.
  • You can perform this method solo or in a party. It is rumored that he has a higher chance of appearing if you have more people.
  • You can do this on TVHM or Normal.
  • If you have 100% of the challenges completed after killing him, but the Challenge Accepted trophy still doesn't pop, do not panic: this is a known bug. Go complete one more level of any challenge and the trophy will appear. If it doesn't, you missed one so look through the list again and be thorough.
  • This can be performed without using the DLC, but it will A.) take much longer and B.) potentially cause the loaders/midgets to not spawn consistently.

Jimmy Jenkins is a tiny blue Hyperion Loot Loader that is required for the Challenge Accepted trophy (see the Trophy Guide and Challenge List/Walkthroughs for additional assistance with trophy). Like all loot midgets he can only appear in preset locations, from specific kinds of chests. For starters, Jimmy Jenkins cannot appear in a Treasure Chest. He can only appear in an ammo crate, cardboard box, or locker in certain Hyperion areas. The current confirmed locations are, in the order you first come across them in the game:

• Wildlife Preservation
  • Opportunity
  • Thousand Cuts (Hyperion Expansion)
  • Hero's Pass

However, rather than have you run around looking in each area I will simply tell you the easiest method of farming him.

There are two requirements for this method to work:

1.) You or the person you are farming with must be on the Doctor's Orders" side mission, given by Tannis in Sanctuary. It becomes available once you reach the "Wildlife Preservation" story mission.

2.) One of you must also have the Creature's Slaughter Dome DLC unlocked.

Once you have met these requirements you can move on to the actual farming.

Step 1

Clear your way to the Creature's Slaughter dome

On your way there make sure you pick up the very first Echo Drive, so you are 1/4 before you get to the dome. Once you reach it immediately enter and exit it. You will now be saved right outside the dome, so when you Save/Quit you will no longer need to run from the entrance.

Step 2

[spoiler=2]Make your way to the Bloodwing Enclosure door, located in the Specimen Maintenance area

After fighting the Super Badass Loader you will enter the Specimen Maintenance cell area. The experiments will all be sealed so you do not have to worry about them. If they aren't sealed for some reason, be sure to double check that you have still have the "Doctor's Orders" mission available.

Walk down the hall and turn to your right until you see the door. To the right of it is an open area with a loot chest, an ammo crate, and 4 cardboard boxes. In one of the boxes you will see a shining blue light; it is an Echo Drive. Open the boxes slowly, one at a time, but do not take out the Echo Drive. One of five types of Loot Loaders should come out of the boxes:

• Jimmy Jenkins
  • Jet Loader
  • War Loader
  • Angelic Loader
  • Bandit Midget

In a perfect world the first box you open will have none other than good 'ol Jimmy pop out of it. However, he is the rarest loader so he most likely will not show himself quite that easy. He can appear in any of the four boxes, so you have four chances of getting him to appear.

If after all four of the cardboard boxes are opened Jimmy hasn't appeared, open the loot chest, take what you want, then Save/Quit.

Step 3

Repeat Step 2...Indefinitely

Now that you are saved outside of the Slaughter Dome you can Save/Quit then continue from right there. Continue to repeat Step 2 until you and/or everyone you are with that needs it have killed Jimmy Jenkins. When performed correctly in a party of 3 or more you will have a 100% chance of loot loaders appearing in the boxes.

It took me nine tries to get Jimmy Jenkins to appear using this method. It took my friends between 1 and 4 on average. To put this in perspective I had spent a combined 15 hours farming the widely confirmed Opportunity, Hero's Pass, and the Wildlife Preserve locations by myself to get him to appear, with zero luck.

I will add additional locations with videos and images later, so people that are playing through the game can make sure to open the chests when they pass through. I will also record the process described and post it here. If you are having any trouble, suggestions, or questions feel free to post them here.

Lastly, I'd like to give a huuuuuuuge thank you to Sonic-Thrasher and his cousin, for taking so much time to help me test and fine tune the farming method.

Successful Examples

the suggested manner in the OP @ wildlife preserve works, i found jimmy jenkins in 4 tries, its easy and quick.

I'm also using this method to complete the Jenkins on my Gaige profile. I was farming today for a few hours and I got Jenkins 9 time. Hopefully, I can complete this challenge and continue playing the story later on. xD

I was slightly skeptical about this method after reading all the nay sayers, but oh my. On my second play through on co-op i followed this guide exactly (With the doctors orders quest (Or w/e its called) selected) and went to the room. First box i open BAM THERES JIMMY! I was like.. woah... xD So i never had to farm him at all, thanks for the tips "F8L Fool" ^^ Oh and 4 midget looters did pop out of each box, so idk why people doubt this method xD

I just found Jenkins using this method.:dance: 4 cardboard boxes in Wildlife Preservation ALWAYS spawned a loot guy. At my 6th try i got Jenkins and (G)Challenge Accepted also. Did you do exactly as described in OP?

Found him this morning with this exact method described in original post. Every run I would ALWAYS have a midget loader or looter pop out of each box. And by the third run I found Jenkins in the last box.

This method worked perfectly. I just got him on my 3rd try following fatals instructions. I did it solo and I'm currently level 24 if anyone cares.

I can also confirm that this farming method works, at least for me anyways. I was on my first playthrough and at level 24. It took about 5 or 6 times and each time I would spawn a robot out of each cardboard box, just not Jenkins. The last time I not only spawned Jenkins, but he spawned twice.:)

And my friend just found Jimmy using this method on the first try. It took me about 20. So yes, it very much varies from person to person depending on how lucky you are.

Credit:

Nesta for pointing out that Doctor's Orders is the required mission, not Wildlife Preservation.

Edited by F8L Fool

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been trying to find him the past couple of days and have had no luck. Never thought to use the Annex as a restart point though, so thanks for that!

EDIT: After trying for about 30 minutes I quit. Started up again an hour later and got Jenkins on the third try. Solo BTW.

Edited by farsight2000

Does this have to be done in coop mode?

I think ive seen a certain route you can go down in Opportunity, and open about 10 boxes, then save and quit and repeat.

I wasn't able to test it on singleplayer due to the fact that I am already beyond the preserve on both difficulties. When I had attempted to farm it solo ~50+ times I was already well beyond the mission. The method described here is the only one I was able to find that reliably spawned loot loaders and Jimmy Jenkins. Be my guest to try it solo if you have the dome and aren't beyond the mission. Additional information is always a good thing, so don't hesitate to post your results.

For some odd reason starting from the dome seems to make the loaders spawn. I tried 3 times with a group of 4, starting from the very beginning of the entrance, without being able to get a single loader. I then did it another 5-6 times with 3 people and had the same results. Then we tried from the dome and the loaders started to spawn every single time.

Damn it, look like I need to do this in True Vault Hunter mode. This sucks. I will follow this guide, so thanks for the info.

I'm pretty sure it's possible to find him at any point in the game, but using this guide may help you find him quicker.

For me, I found him in Opportunity after I had already completed the game. I was playing on Normal too, not TVHM.

I've been using basiically this same method for the past few days. Every single time I get 4 loot bots but no jenkins. I'm playing on PT 2.5 so i'm finished with the story. As long as you have the Doctor's orders quest they will spawn. If I'm not seeing him because the story is over is what I'm wondering or my luck is that bad

I've been using basiically this same method for the past few days. Every single time I get 4 loot bots but no jenkins. I'm playing on PT 2.5 so i'm finished with the story. As long as you have the Doctor's orders quest they will spawn. If I'm not seeing him because the story is over is what I'm wondering or my luck is that bad

So you think the connection between the loaders spawning or not is the Doctor's Orders side mission, and not the Wildlife Preserve story mission? If you are able to make them appear even without being on the Wildlife Preserve mission, then it's very likely to be true, in which case I would change the requirement. I actually was doing it while both missions were active so it's impossible for me to come to a conclusion either way. But a few quick questions:

Are you farming by yourself?

If no, then how many people are you farming with?

Are you playing on TVHM or Normal?

Approximately how many runs have you done?

Edited by F8L Fool

So you think the connection between the loaders spawning or not is the Doctor's Orders side mission, and not the Wildlife Preserve story mission? If you are able to make them appear even without being on the Wildlife Preserve mission, then it's very likely to be true, in which case I would change the requirement. I actually was doing it while both missions were active so it's impossible for me to come to a conclusion either way. But a few quick questions:

Are you farming by yourself?

If no, then how many people are you farming with?

Are you playing on TVHM or Normal?

Approximately how many runs have you done?

So he literally just popped on my first run after i posted that!:dance:

Yah I'm almost positive it has to do with the Doctor's Orders mission. Putting the echo in that box is what triggers it is my beleif. So when you open it it's supposed to surprise you and LEEROOOy JEEEENkins you. I had the quest active every time and it was 1/4 meaning I collected the first echo.

EDIT- I opened the box with the echo in it first every time, and this is where jenkins was, no idea if this has any factor but never hurts.

I'm on PT 2.5 like I said. So everything is lvl 50+ and the story is complete. I didn't accept any quests until I finished the story so I could min/max the rewards. If you wait to 50 all the rewards are lvl 50. If you accept any quests before 50 the rewards are set to the lvl when you accepted the quest even if you complete it at 50.

So PT 2.5, solo and it took about 25 or so runs. Literally every single time 25 out of 25 there were 4 loot midgets in the boxes. This was only annoying because the enemies are tougher and you have to fight all the super badass skags in the pens since the cages are open.

So if you have the chance and it works on PT 1 it will be alot easier.

Edited by Nesta

So he literally just popped on my first run after i posted that!:dance:

Yah I'm almost positive it has to do with the Doctor's Orders mission. Putting the echo in that box is what triggers it is my beleif. So when you open it it's supposed to surprise you and LEEROOOy JEEEENkins you. I had the quest active every time and it was 1/4 meaning I collected the first echo.

I'm on PT 2.5 like I said. So everything is lvl 50 and the story is complete. I didn't accept any quests until I finished the story so I could min/max the rewards. If you wait to 50 all the rewards are lvl 50. If you accept any quests before 50 the rewards are set to the lvl when you accepted the quest even if you complete it at 50.

So PT 2.5, solo and it took about 25 or so runs. Literally every single time 25 out of 25 there were 4 loot midgets in the boxes. This was only annoying because the enemies are tougher and you have to fight all the super badass skags in the pens since the cages are open.

So if you have the chance and it works on PT 1 it will be alot easier.

Congrats. I will make changes to the guide based off of this info.

Has anyone had any luck doing this in Split-screen? When I joined my friend who's on the quest with my level 50, we were having pretty good luck with the minis popping out. He had to go do something so right now I'm doing it splitscreen with my alt that is also on this mission and I haven't had a single pop in the 7-8 runs I've done.

EDIT: Just tried a run solo as my alt and immediately got three minis to pop on my first run. So for those of you trying this method splitscreen, play solo first and then when he pops bring in your main character.

Edited by Cornagandarub

I'm pretty sure it's possible to find him at any point in the game, but using this guide may help you find him quicker.

For me, I found him in Opportunity after I had already completed the game. I was playing on Normal too, not TVHM.

I know that. But I don't want to waste my time finding him. It a rare enemy and the only thing you can do is either farm for him or just play the game normally. I just to find the quickest way to get him to respawn.

I can also confirm that this farming method works, at least for me anyways. I was on my first playthrough and at level 24. It took about 5 or 6 times and each time I would spawn a robot out of each cardboard box, just not Jenkins. The last time I not only spawned Jenkins, but he spawned twice.:)

Edited by blevensp1

I found him using this method after about 30 tries. What sucks is that I've just checked my list with the full list and I have every challenge done so I guess the trophy is just glitched for me.

Must be glitched... Just found him RIGHT NOW, and no fucking trophy, and YES I unlocked Catch A Rocket and Shotgun Sniper.... I'm so fucking pissed right now.. If its glitched, I guess this is a platinum I unfortunately won't get.....

Must be glitched... Just found him RIGHT NOW, and no fucking trophy, and YES I unlocked Catch A Rocket and Shotgun Sniper.... I'm so fucking pissed right now.. If its glitched, I guess this is a platinum I unfortunately won't get.....

Yeah I feel that, I really don't want to do all that again regardless of how much I love the game.

EDIT: I just completed a random challenge, [spoiler=DERP]find the hidden Claptrap in the Badlands.

Not sure if circumstantial or not. Either way, got the trophy! :D

Edited by Cornagandarub

Yeah I feel that, I really don't want to do all that again regardless of how much I love the game.

EDIT: I just completed a random challenge, [spoiler=DERP]find the hidden Claptrap in the Badlands.

Not sure if circumstantial or not. Either way, got the trophy! :D

I'm glad you got that trophy, it would suck to have that one glitch on you. I hope I don't have any issues either. Maybe the challenge list is not 100% correct.