XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 09-26-2012, 05:47 AM   #1
SWAT_brigadeCT

Awards Showcase THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Gold Trophy Donkey mong

Anyone know a trick to get this guy to spawn.. I have gotten king mong about 20 times but no donkey mong.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:07 AM   #2
XCronoX

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I would just leave to a different area, I used Ore Chasm and would go over to the nearest catch a ride and drive to the area right behind the wall where the fast travel is located.

He showed up on my third time of doing that, don't really think there's a trick to it and is just luck based really.

Blank friend request's will be deleted and ignored.
XCronoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:10 AM   #3
F8L Fool

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Guide Supplement Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Helping Hand   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCronoX View Post
I would just leave to a different area, I used Ore Chasm and would go over to the nearest catch a ride and drive to the area right behind the wall where the fast travel is located.

He showed up on my third time of doing that, don't really think there's a trick to it and is just luck based really.
That is correct. He has three confirmed spawn locations that also share a spawn with King Mong. Two of the three you can see in the guide while the third one is just outside of the gate near the Fast Travel.

It took me about a hour and a half to get him to appear, a hour for Powerpyx, and many hours for another friend. I have personally found him since on several occasions and invited people to kill him. Post in the co-op thread that you are looking for him and you might get lucky.

Well done is better than well said.
You claim to fear no man, but never walk without crew—
Ever since you learned the name of the Fatal Fool
F8L Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:15 AM   #4
dougbarrett619

donkey mong or kong as it was its a sob to get i all ready had but i think its funny that today i face king and donkey back to back
dougbarrett619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:17 AM   #5
SWAT_brigadeCT

Awards Showcase THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)

Same thing with Jenkins huh...looked for 3 days , spent a good 12 hrs just grinding wildlife preserve and found him 3 times in 10 mins last night. So will he be there like King mong is or do I have to kill all the bully,ones for him to spawn?

Last edited by SWAT_brigadeCT; 09-26-2012 at 06:18 AM.
SWAT_brigadeCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
DarkTemptations

Had donky mong and king mong 1st time in, 40 times later still no jimmy jenkins in the wildlife reserve
DarkTemptations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #7
Brandon_2535

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

He's showed up twice for me when visiting Eridium Blight. If you go up to his body after you kill him, you can clip his tie and complete a challenge. Not sure if it's true or not, but apparently you only get the option to clip his tie if you don't get hit by one of his barrels.
Brandon_2535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #8
F8L Fool

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Guide Supplement Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Helping Hand   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

He can spawn in three different locations and shares a spawn point with King Mong. So if you see King Mong spawn just know that you can find Donkey Mong at that exact same spot.

Here are videos for two of the locations:

You can also make a post in the co-op thread stating that you are looking for him and to invite you to the game if someone stumbles upon him.

Well done is better than well said.
You claim to fear no man, but never walk without crew—
Ever since you learned the name of the Fatal Fool
F8L Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
daco1979

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Smile

1st spawn point in the NE area of the Eridium Blight map seems to be more reliable as I have had Donkey Mong spawn twice already while riding around in a Bandit Technical Vehicle.

daco1979 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #10
Icerunner45

I guess I got lucky. I killed a King Mong and a few minutes later ran into Donkey Mong on my first playthrough.

Most recent plat - Skyrim
Icerunner45 is offline   Reply With Quote