Golden key items

theDane21

I would let you know, but I don't seem to have a key. How do I get one? I thought they came packaged with the game when you got it brand new or something. Ive opened up 5 ps3 versions, and 12 xbox versions and there was nothing in there except the disc and manual. I'm also a level 12 Siren and have not obtained or heard anything about it. (Although I've seen the chest many times.)

I would let you know, but I don't seem to have a key. How do I get one? I thought they came packaged with the game when you got it brand new or something. Ive opened up 5 ps3 versions, and 12 xbox versions and there was nothing in there except the disc and manual. I'm also a level 12 Siren and have not obtained or heard anything about it. (Although I've seen the chest many times.)

.. It's a DLC code. The premiere club DLC.

Well there is no DLC up yet, and there is no special code or card that came inside the game cases but I did manage to get 2 golden keys when I signed up with Gearbox.

I have opened it up with a level 12 Siren and this is what I got:

Note: I tried opening the chest and then quitting back to the xmb and reloading game completely, but it must have saved when I opened the chest. So unfortunately you are stuck with what it gives you. And unfortunately for me, I didn't pick an item up out of it, so I lost it completely. Anyways, on my first key it gave me these two items. (I'm saving the other one for later).

Roughneck Booster Shield

Capacity 520

Recharge Rate 47

Recharge Delay 5.04

Booster Chance 7.8%

(Chance to drop a shield Booster when damaged.)

Fast Acting Shield

Capacity 196

Recharge Rate 259

Recharge Delay 1.2

Have to say thats a little dissappointing really!

Be interesting to see what other people get.

Im in the UK so cant start playing the game till the weekend so hopefully there will be more people posting what they have by then to help my decison on to open.

Im getting the feeling that using it early to give an early boost to all characters near the start may be the best option.

I was wondering if the golden key is saved to your profile save data or your character save data. If it is saved to the character save data, you can back up your save, and use split screen to access the golden box. take the weapon and give it to the coop character. Then reload the save from your back. I wonder if this would work. Can anyone confirm this??

I was wondering if the golden key is saved to your profile save data or your character save data. If it is saved to the character save data, you can back up your save, and use split screen to access the golden box. take the weapon and give it to the coop character. Then reload the save from your back. I wonder if this would work. Can anyone confirm this??

As mentioned above, as soon as you open the chest, it saves the game. So you probably want to make a back-up of the save file, use it. If you don't like the loot, replace the save file. Not sure if this will affect anything.

Well there is no DLC up yet, and there is no special code or card that came inside the game cases

I got the Premier DLC code on my receipt from Best Buy last night at midnight. Its a 100kb install from the PS Store. I havent used it yet but it mentioned the golden key and the new character when shes available...

So far it seems you can only get two keys, one from the premier club DLC and one from signing up with the gearbox shift thing. I haven't used my keys yet, since it said the higher your level the better the loot you get.

Actually, I have four keys.

I had one from the Premiere Club, but then I somehow got three more after registering for a Shift account.

:dance:

I know you get better loot off mobs with more people in the group but does that work as well with items in chests? Wondering if having a full group all with the vault hunter relic on when you open the chest if it will make a difference.

It should - Me and a friend both have the relic and there was a big difference between playing SP vs co-op, we got a lot more loot in general and most of all more elemental weapons (only level 9).

Anyone else used their key yet? I'm glad I haven't because I'm going to erase my save data and start over because I lost all of my badass rank / bonuses.

If someone uses their golden key, could you take a picture and put it in this thread to show off what you got? Might be a good idea...

Ahh lucky, I only got two one from the premier club and one for signing up for shift. Well if you count the two keys for all 4 characters then I have 8. :whistle:

Sorry but you've only got two, the keys are attached to your account, not each individual character.

I used one of my two keys with my level 8 Assassin and got a grenade mod and a pistol, I'm at work now but I'll post specific stats later on. I'm going to use my other one when I'm a higher level, but this way when I do other playthroughs I've got some good gear pretty early in the game for them haha.

Anyone else used their key yet? I'm glad I haven't because I'm going to erase my save data and start over because I lost all of my badass rank / bonuses.

If someone uses their golden key, could you take a picture and put it in this thread to show off what you got? Might be a good idea...

This would be cool, i'm wait to use mine until level 20 I think (currently 13).