Costume orb warning

kiwijam123

I was trying to get the gold trophy, and was up to 80 orbs but still no trophy. What I discovered was that each controller was collecting its own orbs, and they both had around 40 each. The trophy only popped after getting 60 orbs with the same controller. To confirm this, go to the controller options menu (Playstation button) and change your controller number. When you return to the costumes you'll have a different selection available.

To know how many you've got so far, you can open the customize section and count the purple people and NEWs (i.e. not the padlocks). You start with 12 free, so your target is 72 unlocked.

another warning, i had my save data get corrupted and have to start over before. i had the game long before it was free--contacted sony via email and they told me my only choice was to start over and they don't know what could of caused it.

glad i got it 100% long time ago, hated grinding zombie mode for those costumes.

• 3 weeks later...
I was trying to get the gold trophy, and was up to 80 orbs but still no trophy. What I discovered was that each controller was collecting its own orbs, and they both had around 40 each. The trophy only popped after getting 60 orbs with the same controller. To confirm this, go to the controller options menu (Playstation button) and change your controller number. When you return to the costumes you'll have a different selection available.

To know how many you've got so far, you can open the customize section and count the purple people and NEWs (i.e. not the padlocks). You start with 12 free, so your target is 72 unlocked.

nice heads up thanks

• 1 month later...
Another warning.

The cowboy costume is in three parts. There are around 140 costume orbs to collect. You need 60 orbs for the Extreme Makeover trophy.

It took me 15 orbs to get two pieces, but it wasn't until I'd collected 90 orbs that I acquired the last piece.

The costume pieces you get are completely random. I got the complete set before I got the extreme makeover trophy.

• 4 months later...

knew it. although if your talking co op, all players unlock the same stuff. so... if you play single player, then have others playing local co op with you, they will all have the same costumes

• 1 year later...