Got my early copy!!!

rmchiva925

:dance:

Hey guys, I got my early copy of the game from Kijiji in Toronto, and wanted to immediately start the game, but didn't want my account banned or trophies getting banned as well. Soo... I just finished a having a chat with a contact support person from Sony playstation. I have attached a screenshot of the conversation.

I am currently in Hamilton at class, but as soon as my classes finish I will be talking with the developers, or the phone number that the sony agent mentioned in the chat to see what I can and can't do with the early copy of the game. I'll keep you guys posted. SOOOOO fricking excited.

Edited by rmchiva925

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you wont get banned. You purchased the game legitimately. You're not tied to any NDA's (non-disclosure agreement), so in between playing the game you can come to the forum and discuss what you're playing.

Your twitch/UStream account will likely get banned if you stream, since the game isn't out yet. Your Sony PSN account is 100% safe. There is nothing the Developer or Sony can do to you legally. You bought the game from a store legit, if Sony or the Developer get a hard on for anyone, it'll be the store that sold you the game.

You are such a lucky man. 11 days early. You'll have plenty of time to get to know the game and hopefully you will wet our appetites with "previews" without spoiling the game.

But thanks for the info. I will still call them to see what i can share outside of what has been revealed so far. I respect From Software and Mr. Miyazaki enough that i don't want to spoil their game (which they put a lot of love and effort to make) to the world.

understandable, but as I pointed out you have no tie to the Developer. You don't have to get their permission.

Only people who get their copy from the developer (reviewers) are tied to the NDA. The precedent for all this stuff was established a long time ago when Microsoft wanted to ban everyone for playing Halo 3 early and spoiling. The only way you could get banned is if you pirated your copy (impossible on ps4).

You're free to do what you want with your copy since you bought it from someone legitimately. The only person who could be in any legal trouble is the person you bought it from since they broke the street date.

With this said freedom, you can choose to go silent, wet our appetites with previews and impressions or straight out spoil the game (which would be against forum rules).

I'm on the side of hoping for a bit of information. Have fun.

I tried calling Sony online entertainment support. The automated lady told me to go through a support forum, to which i was like no way in hell.

So I tried getting the contact info for from software, and their website doesnt have and I couldn't find it online.

So I personally tweeted Hideki Miyazaki himself. We'll see what happens.

Since ifistbrowni has pointed out that I can play, I shall when i get home.

The first thing I will do is post a pic of my starting class. Just the starting class that I'll be rolling and what weapons I will start of with. So it will not spoil the other classes for everyone else.

Over the next few days i will leave my impressions and some cool preview tidbits. I want everyone to experience the awesomeness themselves but would like to give info.

Please leave questions that you might want answered, but not spoiler type of questions as I probably won't answer to those that much

Cheers

You won't even be able to see the trophy list, as it won't be on the servers yet.

But no, its a myth you get banned for playing games early. Only way you could get banned is if you go posting about the game, showing screenshots, videos etc. As it could hurt sales or whatever which is why they have embargo. But even so, I have never known somebody get banned for something like that. if you were a website, you would lose press privileges but that's not the case here.

Edited by Harry94_

You won't even be able to see the trophy list, as it won't be on the servers yet.

But no, its a myth you get banned for playing games early. Only way you could get banned is if you go posting about the game, showing screenshots, videos etc. As it could hurt sales or whatever which is why they have embargo. But even so, I have never known somebody get banned for something like that. if you were a website, you would lose press privileges but that's not the case here.

You can play 100% offline and still earn trophys

which is why they have embargo

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I've always understood that embargo's only apply to people who receive copies off the publisher and publishing news on major websites like IGN.

Posting impressions on a forum will not get you banned. You cannot get banned. You have no legal obligations to the developer or Sony when you go to your local store and pick the game up. If OP posted tons of info on the game here, the only likely scenario is that PSTrophies would be forced to remove the content.

That's why OP should keep it simple and not really spoil much. Just give his opinions on the game while giving little previews.

But, if he has the game then I assume many others have gotten a copy also. So, I expect to see an influx of information from all around the internet. People who will have a lot less respect for others experience (not the OP) will spoil a lot of the content within the game.

I'm a fiend for information on this game, so I'll likely dig for it. But I respect OP's plan not to spoil much, if anything, about this game.

unrelated, but Social Lubricant post patch? I got it pre-patch. Get on my level. :dance:

I'm sure he only has it in his signature to instigate the trophy "masters" who were enraged by the idea of nerfing the difficulty.

I got it pre-patch too. I used a second person working the left stick while I work the right stick and buttons. "I'm so elite"

Edited by ifistbrowni

And whatever happened yesterday for the gone gold event was just the launch, lots of reviewers got the game earlier. it was just a launch event.

here are the photos for now as promised showing that i have the game. Just got home, hungry so going to eat while watching amazing race.

Will come back to post pics of my character class i will be choosing and my starting weapons. Stay tuned.