Delayed to March 24th 2015

PrimalCarnage

Bloodborne due date pushed back to March 2015!!

Source:Joystiq.com

Bloodborne isn't delivering on February 6, 2015 as scheduled, after Sony announced a month-and-a-half delay for the PS4 game. The new action-RPG from Souls studio From Software is now due to launch on March 24 in North America and March 25 in mainland Europe. Japan follows suit on March 26, then UK and Ireland are last up on March 27.

"While development continues unabated, we would like our team to deliver the best possible final experience," Sony's Masaaki Yamagiwa said on the PS Blog. "We were gratified by the feedback and data we received from those who participated in our limited alpha test. The extra production time will also allow us to better integrate these learnings."

Bloodborne (Gamescom 2014)

On one hand I'm sad about this :(,

but on the other hand it comes out right after my B-day!!!. Will make a nice present to myself. :applause:

I'd rather it be pushed back a month and a half and polished than released early and buggy; I preordered this ages ago, should be a good one :dance:

Pretty much this.

Heck, they could delay it half a year and i'd still wait if it means a fully working game for once.

Also, the delay was good. Releasing The Order and Bloodborne so close to each other would hurt both the games.

I agree, the delay can only improve the experience.

I watched a video of this game running on a PS4 and an HDTV, and OMG the game looks absolutely gorgeous. All I have watched until last night was YouTube vids.

It does look gorgeous. Even during the Alpha test. But it had issues, and hopefully thanks to the delay, those things can and will be fixed~ Most of the Youtube videos dosent really do it justice.

I'd rather it be pushed back a month and a half and polished than released early and buggy; I preordered this ages ago, should be a good one :dance:

Seriously. Look at all the new games released and peek into their forums here to see all the complaints on half-assed games being released.

To all the devs out there: Take. Your. Fucking. Time! Release your game after it's been thoroughly game tested...hell, push out a beta test if need be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well that's how I see it. Can't help but feel pissed it got delayed when ALL of the games I was looking forward to in 2014-2015 got delayed at least once before release -.-

Have two friends really excited about this release. I'll wait and see what the think.

I wasn't at all interested in this game because I never played the "Souls" games and thought I wouldn't miss much if I never played Bloodborne.

Then, about two weeks ago, I got on this forum to see "what was up" just curious about the trophies for this game,etc.. I stumbled upon the "IGN first look" thread and from there I've been clamoring for information. This is the first time since TitanFall that I've actually been hyped for a game. Since TitanFall was a huge let down, I've done an excellent job of not letting hype take over.. But, this game looks too fantastic. I cant freaking wait to get my hands on it. The best news is, it's only two weeks away. If I had been hyped for this game instantly, like a lot of people were after the PSX announcement, the wait would've been unbearable. Starting next week, I'm sure I'll be able to catch streams of it on "Live from Playstation"

I refresh this forum 50 times a day to see if anything new is going on. But, like always, pstrophy forums are dead (they come alive 2-3 days before launch and stay alive for about 3 weeks after launch).

I went to reddit, just see some form of discussion and feed my "reading interests," but there are way too many people complaining about stuff over there. Particularly, the recent rumor of twelve total weapons.

Edited by ifistbrowni

I wasn't at all interested in this game because I never played the "Souls" games and thought I wouldn't miss much if I never played Bloodborne.

You...never played a Souls game before...? Blasphemy! You must be kidding me.

http://replygif.net/thumbnail/526.gif

Nah , I`m joking, I`m joking. :)

I could write you a 120 page long Book about the awesomness of the Souls Games and it would still not be enough.

The Souls Games are pure perfection in every fucking way and the Souls Community is absolutely awesome.

I don`t even know where to start, just thinking about the Souls Games makes me excited like a 16 year old teenager and this means something, because i am an adult player and i don`t get the same excitement and hype like 10 years ago. But the Souls Games are giving me a blowing strike of excitement straight into my Gamer-Heart, leaving me speechless of the sheer amount of awesomness this game has to offer.

I try to give you some insights, i try to make it as short as i can (Note: I left out other important parts of the game, such as Music, World and Atmosphere, Bosses and Enemies, Characters, Voice Acting, Co-Op and PVP, and other things because it would be to much, but let me say that all of those things are top-notch.)

Story:

There is a DEEP and COMPLEX Story behind the Souls Games, BUT you have to make researches to figure them out. If you play through the game, you will see like 1/4 of the Story, you will see 2/4 of the story if you listen carefully to the NPC`s (read between the lines too), read item and Weapon/armor/ring descriptions to find some references to some characters and some other important parts of the Story. If you want to find more about the Story (3/4), look at the lore of the story (there are some youtubers who do a lot of pretty amazing lore videos and some of them are absolutely mindblowing (they will leave you speechless) , because some of them make actual sense, it`s like a shock but in a positive way, take care though it will cause a lot of headaches :D). The last part (4/4) of the story are your own theories, your own interpretations of certain parts of the story. You will definitely get some own ideas of the story, you will question a lot of things and you will think about a lot of stuff after playing the game. You will argue with people and you will try to show them your own theories of some parts of the story and through this discussions your own theories will maybe mixed up with others, to create an even more amazing story.

The Story of the Soul Games are full of mysteries and secrets, but if you want to find out more, you have to do some researches IN the game (play through the game multiple times > New Game+, you will also find new items on New Game+, so you will get even more details to some parts of the story) and OUTSIDE of the game (Youtube, Forums).

Gameplay and Fighting: Puhh, i don`t know where to start. The Gameplay of Dark Souls is extremely deep. I will leave many stuff away because it would take a shit ton of pages to explain all that stuff, so i will just talk about Fighting.

In Dark Souls, you can fight the way you want to fight. There is a huge variety of different type of weapons, armor, rings and magic. There is nothing like "the best weapon or the best armor" ,everything depens on your playstyle.

Do you like Axes? Alright, what kind of Axes do you prefer? Lightweight Axes? Midleweight Axes? Heavyweight Axes? And how do you play with them? Do you hold them just One-Handed + a Shield or a Mage Staf or maybe another Axe, so you can go "Double-Axe Style" (in each hand an Axe)? Do you hold them Two-Handed to cause more damage, but give up on your shield at the same time? Do you mix your playstyle to confuse the enemy by switching from One-Handed to Two-Handed? Oh and one more thing to remember: The Moveset of the Axes are also different from Axe to Axe, so you gotta make a decision: Do you want a "weaker" Axe with a "good" moveset (you define what is good or bad, you are the only one who can decide that because everything is connected to your own playstyle) or a "stronger" axe with a moveset you are not very comfortable with? And hey here is onnnneeeeeee another thing: Some Axes will have some special abilities and/or elementary powers (Axe with some attributes on the element "Fire"), do you want to enchant those elements even further by buying Elementary Stones (Firestone for example) or do you want to leave them "Raw"? Do you want to have an Axe which causes status elements like "Poison or Bleed"? How do YOU like to fight? ;)

And what about amor? Do you prefer Heavy Armor with more defense points but beeing slow or do you want to roll and evade faster by wearing light weight armor?

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb/7/70/Zippo514_RV_vs_Mountain.jpg/400px-Zippo514_RV_vs_Mountain.jpg

or do you want to find a balance by wearing midle weight armor? Note: There is a deep "Weight System" in Dark Souls, it matters a lot what you wear (at least for very serious competitive gameplay). But ultimately everything depens on your playstyle.

Anyway you can fight the way you want to fight, you can wear the weapons and armor YOU want to wear, and you still can beat players in pvp with it. Because of that people called Dark Souls "Fashion Souls", because people like to play with style and want to look good. Many people also make some pretty amazing cosplays.

There are also accessoires (rings) with different effects and abilities, so you see the game offers the players HUUUUUGGGEEEEE strategy points. There are countless and countless threads in the internet just about the smallest things. It`s really crazy if you "dive" into the game, because you will see the true deepness and complexity this game has to offer.

Those points are just examples, i could write more and more, it`s endless. The Soul Games are just fucking masterpieces, we should consider ourselves lucky to be able to play those games (what a time to be a gamer huh? :)).

The Soul Community is also very awesome, you will find a lot of players who play with "honor", something which i never saw in any other (multiplayer-part) game before. (Yeah you have some a-holes too but personally i don`t consider them as part of the real community, in fact they will get lynched by serious pvp players of the Soul Community, like me :p)

There is also a "Covenants/Clan" System which is important and plays a role in the game. (SunBro`s and Pilgrims of Dark ftw :D, but i also like the conflict system between Blue Sentinels VS Brotherhood of Blood, what a fucking amazing system)

The Soul Games deserve the hype, they can be very addictive, in fact i fear that i will stick with Bloodborne for many months without touching other games, the problem is: there will be SO many GOOD games...oh man this year is crowded with awesome games...damn son.)

Can`t wait for Bloodborne, i am a Katana player (Dark Chaos Blade ftw :p), so i hope we will get some badass Katana`s (Samurai-Cosplay ftw :dance:).

I hope this was a little bit helpful by making your decision of buying Bloodborne, i hope you are a little bit thirsty now at the game, i wish you a lot of fun. :)

Cheers :beer:

Edited by Emperor Golbez

You...never played a Souls game before...? Blasphemy! You must be kidding me.

I probably will buy Dark Souls 2 PS4 if I enjoy Bloodborne. Idt I'll ever go back to play Demon Souls or Dark Souls because I will never hook my ps3 up again.

I truly hope Dark Souls is as awesome as you (and others) describe it.

there will be SO many GOOD games...oh man this year is crowded with awesome games...damn son.)

-1 now that Uncharted has been delayed. But Witcher 3 into Batman Arkham Knight after Bloodborne for me.

I hope this was a little bit helpful by making your decision of buying Bloodborne,

I was already 100% sold on Bloodborne.

Edited by ifistbrowni