Dead Island: Bloodbath Arena DLC - Trophy Guide and Road Map

SNAKE_7

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10 varies with skill, weapons and level

-Offline/Online trophies: 7(B), 3(S)

-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 3-7 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: At least 4 for each character and Arena.

-Number of missable trophies: none

-Glitched trophies: none

-Do cheat codes disable trophies?: none

-Does difficulty affect trophies: N/A

Roadmap: To first get into the Arena, you can fast travel and select Arena Lobby.

The Bloodbath Arena DLC pack contains 10 trophies; all of them can be done offline except for Wave and Smile and Morituri te salutant.

You may want to try most of these trophies playing co-op as some of them can be difficult playing alone, look here to find partners.

STEP 1-Introduction

Start out by playing co-op to go for Wave and Smile and Out of Honey? Chew Bees!, bring some custom weapons to get Fancy. This will give you a sense of what to expect and the feel for this Survival mode.

STEP 2-Arenas, Characters, Enemies

Try out the different arenas with different characters to go for Looking for Trouble, Gladiator School and Complete a Set. This will give you a chance to explore the different arenas, when and what enemies to expect and also give you a feel for which characters work well in the different arenas.

STEP 3-Survive 30 Waves

Now play co-op, and try to survive and complete 30 waves to get Morituri te Salutant and Death Incarnate. These trophies may challenge you, but it becomes much easier with more co-op partners, which can be found here.

STEP 4-Clean up on Remaining Trophies

Clean up the remaining two trophies Extreme Firefighting and Sticking it to the enemy or any trophies that you may have missed in the previous steps.

Edited by Terminator
Guide revisions by Terminator, 07/04/2018.

TROPHIES

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/930/50.jpg Wave and Smile (B)

Play any arena in co-op.

This one is really easy, just choose any arena (make sure you are playing co-op)and once the game starts the trophy shall be yours. If you are having trouble finding a partner look here.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/930/51.jpg Extreme Firefighting (S)

Set 5 enemies on fire and then kill them with explosives.

This trophy is cumulative, so you don't have to kill 5 enemies at once you can do it multiple times. An easy way to do this is to throw meat bait near an explosive barrel then throw a molotov near the enemies and it should create a giant explosion. You could also do this with grenades and deo-bombs. Once you kill 5 total enemies that are on fire with explosives the trophy shall be yours. This can be done outside the arena.

Here is a video showing you a way to do outside the arena:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=httlJTVOEFI]Dead Island - Extreme Firefighting Trophy/Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks to BlakeyBlake999 for the video.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/930/52.jpgOut of honey? Chew bees! (B)

Survive 5 waves using only your fists and legs.

You can do this in separate playthroughs; you just have to make sure you survive a total of 5 waves in which you only use your fists and legs. The best way to achieve this is to try in Arena A (easy). It shouldn't be too difficult and if you are a high level it should take one shot to kill the enemies with your fists and legs as the enemies are at lower levels.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/930/53.jpgComplete a set (B)

Kill enemies of 6 different types during a single round.

The description can be misleading, to get this trophy you will have to kill a walker, an infected, suicider, ram, floater and a butcher in one game, it DOESN'T have to be done in a single wave.

NOTE: This trophy can ONLY be obtained by doing this in Arena C (Hard) as the Ram only appears in that arena. Thanks to kakihara301 for the tip.

These are the waves in which I first saw the different types of enemies playing in Arena C.

Wave 1-Walkers

Wave 5 or 6-Infected

Wave 7-Suicider

Wave 8-Floater

Wave 11-Ram

Wave 14-Butcher

Note: They may not spawn in the same waves but they should appear around those numbers so look out for them. If you are playing co-op and don't see one of them, one of your partners may have killed them already.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/930/54.jpgLooking for trouble (B)

Survive 5 waves in each of the 4 arenas.

You will just have to survive at least 5 waves in each of the 4 arenas (A, B, C, and D).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/930/55.jpgStick it to the enemy (B)

Survive 15 consecutive waves using the analog combat controls.

First make sure you have your controls set to analog, to do this press :start:, go to options and under controls change the fight type to analog. This one can be difficult if you are not familiar with the analog controls. This will be easier if you try Arena A (easy) as the enemies are much weaker and it should take one or two shots to kill the enemies if you have strong weapons or if you are at a high level. A good way to do this if you don't like using the analog controls or find it too difficult is to use some firearms (aiming and shooting is the same as digital). Strong pistols are especially useful because if you have the Pistol Ammo Blueprint you can keep making ammo if you have 2x Metal Scrap and Bleach in the workbench. You can play with partners and make them do most of the killing in the first few waves, you just have to make sure that you do not die once for 15 straight waves. Use this thread here to find partners.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/930/56.jpgGladiator school (B)

Survive 15 consecutive waves with each of the 4 characters.

You can play the same Arena with each of the characters; you just have to make sure you get to and complete wave 15, or at least survive 15 waves in a row with each of the 4 characters. If you are having trouble, try this in Arena A, and look here to try it with a boosting partner if you need help.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/930/57.jpgFancy (B)

Survive 10 consecutive waves using only custom weapons.

Before entering the arena make sure you have at least two custom weapons (more weapons is recommended so you don’t have to waste money to keep repairing them), one of which should be a firearm to kill the suiciders and you should last at least 10 waves. You have to make sure you use nothing but these weapons so you can’t use your fury, normal weapons and you cannot kick or punch. If an enemy jumps on you, (where you are required to press :l1: then :r1:) that is allowed. If you are using a custom firearm weapon, you have to be careful and not shoot the flammable barrels, as if they blow up and kill an enemy the streak will reset.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/930/58.jpg Morituri te salutant (S)

Survive 30 consecutive waves with at least one co-op player.

This one can be challenging as you have to survive 30 straight waves with another player (so both of you cannot die). Make sure you have a lot of strong weapons and a lot of health kits to repair your health when it gets low. Save your grenades, deo-bombs, molotovs and most importantly use your fury to get through those large crowds or when you get in trouble. You may want to stock up on a lot of grenades, deo-bombs(2x deodorant, duct tape), meat bait(3x meat, bleach), pistol ammo(2x metal scrap, bleach) and large & medium medkits to give you a better chance at survival. You have to be careful when a suicider appears because they can kill if you are too close. To take them out throw a weapon or use a firearm to take them out. Bring a lot of money as well so that you can repair your weapons/upgrade your weapon if they are damaged. This may be easier to do with 4 players, if you are having trouble, look here for help.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/930/59.jpg Death Incarnate (S)

Survive wave 30.

If you go for “Morituri te salutant” you will also get this trophy. Some useful tips are to bring a lot of health kits, the enemies will give you some but you are going to need a few. Strong weapons are needed as they kill the enemies’ faster, try to find or use durable weapons so that you don’t have to keep repairing them in the workbench. Firearms are really useful but ammo can be hard to find, so use it wisely, mainly on the suiciders. This one might be easier to do with partners, look here for help.

Edited by Terminator
Guide revisions by Terminator, 07/04/2018.

Can anyone confirm trophies unlocking while playing online with others?

What I mean by that is, I have my controls set to analog, and let the other players blast away all the zombies while I hide? I know I did this with the fists/kicking trophy, but that one I did punch a few. So it must work with the other trophies?

On a side note, I think its dumb how they just didn't make the DLC a menu-launch option, instead of having to find a travel map...

Edited by DarkByke

What I mean by that is, I have my controls set to analog, and let the other players blast away all the zombies while I hide? I know I did this with the fists/kicking trophy, but that one I did punch a few. So it must work with the other trophies?

On a side note, I think its dumb how they just didn't make the DLC a menu-launch option, instead of having to find a travel map...

thats how i got it

I'm pretty sure you will get the trophy, you just have to make sure you don't die once or you will have to do it for the next 15 waves, but an easy way for the analog one is to just use guns because the aiming and shooting are the same as digital.

I don't think it is because when you need to shop, you can already fast travel, without quitting to menu.

Playing online is also simple as you don't have to quit if someone joins to do the Arena.

And at last, the first Arena is a good place to make money ! It's cool to just have to fast travel between two quests to farm a bit ;)

How I play ?

1 - Doing the Arenas for money

2 - Fast travel to shop to get tons of items I need (to make ammo, bombs...)

3 - Rinse and repeat ;)

Last night I did the very same thing, I took cover while the others killed them while I had it set to analog, and every time it would reset, it wouldn't count towards me when the round would end. So I started to at least kill one every round, kicking them to the ground and the last blow being a swing with my fist or weapon and as long as you do that it WILL count. It won't count if you just hide out, you have to kill at least one, the rest your buddies can kill off. Did just that and got the trophy for it. :) So glad cuz its a pain using analog.

is there any trick for the extreme firefighting trophy because I had 17 molotovs but I used them all and the only thing I was able to do was to burn and destroy only 1/5 zombies.I also tried to make my handgun shoot fire bullets but still nothing...this is the only trophy that left and it starts to be boring as hell...I think that the problem is that in the easy arena the zombies are of low level and they die to quick but I reached also wave 15 but still nothing...please can you give any good tip?

is there any trick for the extreme firefighting trophy because I had 17 molotovs but I used them all and the only thing I was able to do was to burn and destroy only 1/5 zombies.I also tried to make my handgun shoot fire bullets but still nothing...this is the only trophy that left and it starts to be boring as hell...I think that the problem is that in the easy arena the zombies are of low level and they die to quick but I reached also wave 15 but still nothing...please can you give any good tip?

Yeah, i tried doing this trophy in arena a, but they kept dying from my molotov. I actually did this one in Arena D(moderate) on the first wave i got 4/5 still using a level 50 character. What i did was bring some meat bait threw it near an explosive barrel so that all of them would go near it, then i threw a molotov right on them and since it was close to the barrel it blew up within seconds after that explosion it said i got 4/5 then i did this again once more and got the trophy. If you are a high level, try doing this in the first few waves in arenas B,D (you could try it in C but might be hard to see) as you get about 5 enemies to start.

Do it in Arena A, about the 2nd or 3rd round in. Just run around in circles to gather the stragglers. You'll find some charge at you, and others walk very very slowly. Just make sure they get grouped. Walk them towards the gas containers/pipes and you can either throw meat bait first, or just the molotov. Be quick when selecting your weapons! Throw molotov on them, it'll go boom!

thanks for the replies guys.I tried a lot of times and after an hour retrying and retrying in Arena A, I manage to achieve it in wave 16(I was so confused and desperate and I stood in front of a canister and then a horde of 15 zombies came to me and I threw the molotov in front of me and I died (but also all the others;))

Does anybody still play this? I tried searching last night and couldn't find anyone online? Didn't this just come out in November?

I've already posted in the trophy boosting thread, this isn't a post to request that you add me, isntead i just want to know if there's a specific time when the online activity for the DLC is a lot busier because yesterday was completely empty.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a Tip for the Extreme firefighting trophy, First is that you DONT need to be in the arena to achieve this trophy! I did it with my level 52 player against level 52 zombies, tried a ton of times in the arena and had no luck, the problem is, the zombies are not ranked high enough, they die from the fire to fast unless you wanna wait till you get to wave 20 or so.

Does anybody still play this? I tried searching last night and couldn't find anyone online? Didn't this just come out in November?

I've already posted in the trophy boosting thread, this isn't a post to request that you add me, isntead i just want to know if there's a specific time when the online activity for the DLC is a lot busier because yesterday was completely empty.

Thank you.

i found lots of people to play with when i was doing this

Loads of people still play this DLC but they're not team players and act like complete idiots so don't expect to stay in their game for very long :mad:! I got kicked from 3 games last night for no reason and got pestered by one idiot to trade even though I said I had nothing to trade :mad:!

Take my advice and boost the online trophies for this, you'll have a much more pleasant experience that way.

• 2 weeks later...
Loads of people still play this DLC but they're not team players and act like complete idiots so don't expect to stay in their game for very long :mad:! I got kicked from 3 games last night for no reason and got pestered by one idiot to trade even though I said I had nothing to trade :mad:!

Take my advice and boost the online trophies for this, you'll have a much more pleasant experience that way.

people kick you if your a low level. making the trophy for playing with all characters quite annoying lol

• 3 weeks later...