any 1 working on a guide

ucw75

• 4 weeks later...

I started one, but this game is very long and will take some time. I haven't started the Hardcore cup so don't want to "officially" submit the guide yet. This is what I have so far. I obviously need to add pictures and re-read for grammar/spelling errors.

Road Map

Overview:

* Estimated Trophy difficulty: 4/10

* Offline: 36 ((B) 23 (S) 10 (G) 3)

* Online: 5 ((B) 3 (S) 2) - Only 1 trophy requires another human player

* Approximate amount of time to Platinum: (P) 80+

* Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 21

* Number of missable Trophies: None

* Do cheat codes disable Trophies? No Cheats known

* Does difficulty affect Trophies? N/A – No difficulty selection

* Glitched Trophies: None

* Unobtainable Trophies: None

* Extra equipment needed? None

Introduction:

Blood drive is basically a combination of the old Carmegeddon games with some elements of Twisted Metal thrown in. Each Car has different stats as well as a different starting weapon and a unique rage power (Think special move). Before each event, the game allows you to pick a loadout. Preset configurations that allow extra ammo, weapons do more damage, etc. Be sure to pick the loadout that pertains to the situation and also suits your driving style.

The following steps can be done in any order, but the below will provide you with the necessary practice to make it through the easiest possible way. It is possible to stop at certain points through each championship. Although the game tells you it saves after each event, it will only continue at the beginning of the zone if you quit. So, if a championship has 6 zones, make sure to quit as soon as a new map starts, otherwise, you will have to do some races over again.

Step 1: Play through the first 5 Preliminary Cups.

Select a different car for each tournament to get a feel on how they handle and which you like the best. Specific strategies for each car can be found under the corresponding Blood Drive Championship trophies. Playing and completing the 5 preliminary cups will unlock the Blood Drive Championship.

Step 2: Complete the Blood Drive Championship. Then do it again 7 more times.

Pick a car you are comfortable with to ensure you unlock the trophy for completing the Championship. Also, go for the ‘C’ is for Champion trophy. All 30 events must be won in first place. As stated above, the game will continue at the beginning of each zone, so you do not need to string 30 wins in a row, but will need to do at least 5 in a row. I found this easiest with Superstar. His car has the best balance to be able to win the race/skull events as well as the destruction events. The AI seems to just stop driving when you use his special move, allowing easy kills. One Blood Drive Championship takes around 3.5 hours to complete, not including load times. So this step can be quite a marathon.

Step 3: Multiplayer trophies

Only the “Crash and Burn” trophy requires another human. If you host an online game, it will be populated by AI drivers if no one else is available allowing you to obtain 4 of the 5 online trophies. There is only 4 AI drivers making the 5 win trophies very easy. You will need to use the boosting thread to find another human as I have not seen anyone else online.

Step 4: Challenges

Now that you have some good experience under your belt, it’s time to hit the challenges. Find them under single player à Challenges. See the “Legend, Wait for it…ARY!” trophy for details.

Step 5: Complete the Hardcore Cup

Same as Step 2, but for the Hardcore Cup.

Step 6: ‘O’ is for Overachiever

Play each championship over again with the car you are most comfortable with, ensuring to get first in every single event. If you manage to get first in every event in a championship, that one is already complete and can be skipped. But I doubt it since championships are long and the game can take some getting used to the controls.

Full Tilt

Complete All 5 Preliminary Cups

This trophy requires you to complete the first five championships. They are:

Ante Up Cup – 1 zone – 3 events

Three of a Kind Cup – 2 zones – 6 events

Aces High Cup – 3 zones – 10 events

Wild Card Cup – 4 zones – 14 events

Royal Straight Cup – 4 zones – 14 events

W - is for Winner

Placed 1st in all of the Events within a single Zone

Championships are broken down into zones. First place in each event within a zone and the trophy is yours. Easiest done in the Ante Up Cup as it only has 3 events.

Home is Where the Heart is

Complete the Blood Drive Championship with Kelley

Kelley’s car is very quick, but very fragile. One or two hits from basically any weapon or another player hitting you and her car is done.

Kelley starts with the Mine Layer weapon which is basically useless unless you are doing a checkpoint race.

Kelley’s special move is the Gravity Well which launches cars close to her high up into the air, causing damage upon landing.

Till Death do us Part

Complete the Blood Drive Championship Reggie

Reggie’s vehicle is more in the balanced range. Not providing great speed or armor.

Reggie starts with the Saw Blades which are good against zombies, but not very powerful against over cars.

Reggie’s special move is the Surgical Strike which causes a bomb to come down. The special move is especially lame as when you use it, a targeting beam is laid out. It takes about 5 seconds for the bomb to actually strike, allowing other cars plenty of time to avoid the big read beam.

Shred Some Faces

Complete the Blood Drive Championship with Bedlam

Bedlam’s vehicle is in the quick but weak category. It is also very hard to drive as hitting anything causes it to bounce around. Sometimes when you flip over, the car does somersaults trying to get right side up and allowing other cars or zombies to kill you.

Bedlam starts with the Minigun which is the best weapon when going for zombie kills. It is rather weak against other cars.

Bedlam’s special move is the Gross Polluter. It releases a toxic cloud around the car. It is rather weak and other cars are able to avoid the big green cloud easily.

Living Legend

Complete the Blood Drive Championship with Superstar

Superstar’s vehicle is the best in the game. It has decent strength and weapon capabilities. Not only is it very fast, but when in head on collisions, I noticed the other cars normally get launched by Superstars low to the ground clearance avoiding damage.

Superstar starts with the Harpoon Launcher which is decent against both zombies and other cars. When hitting other cars, it has time delay damage. The Harpoon sticks in the car and eventually explodes a few seconds later.

Superstar’s special move is the Flash Bling which causes a blinding light when close to him. What should be a lame move is made awesome against the AI as they completely stop driving when used near them. This of course leads to easy kills.

Dark and Mysterious

Complete the Blood Drive Championship with Nazar

Nazar’s vehicle is technically in the balanced category, but I find it far too weak to be effective.

Nazar starts with the Drunk Missiles which are great against both zombies and other vehicles. Drunk Missiles launch in the air and then slop downwards, so you will need some room between you and other cars to be able to hit them.

Nazar’s special move is the Damage Frenzy which greatly increase weapon damage and ramming ability.

Edited by Darth_Brown

Ode to Mother Russia

Complete the Blood Drive Championship with Natalya

Natalya’s car is in the big, strong but super slow category.

Natalya starts with the Rail Gun which does great damage against other cars. It is rather ineffective against zombies as the beam is too narrow and the reload time is high.

Natalya’s special move is the Stealth Cloak which turns her car almost invisible. It is not very effective against the AI as you can still be seen on the mini-map and hit as the outline shimmers.

Into the Sunset

Complete the Blood Drive Championship with Jackson

Jackson’s car is the complete middle of the road.

Jackson starts with the Rocket Launcher which is super effective against other cars. It can be used well against zombies if they are grouped as the rocket does some splash damage.

Jackson’s special move is the Shockwave which creates, you guessed it, a 360 Shockwave around his car. Damage is not very high, but it also has no warning time announcing you are going to use it.

Hit 'em in the Numbers

[

Complete the Blood Drive Championship with Brock

Brock’s car is in the slow and durable category.

Brock stars with the Grenade Launcher which is effective against both zombies and other cars.

Brock’s special move is the Juggernaut which greatly increases ramming damage.

Legend, wait for it...ARY!

Complete All Challenges

Find the Challenges under Single PlayeràChallenges. For the trophy to unlock, you must not only complete the challenge, but also the special requirement listed. Use whichever car is you are most effective with for each Challenge.

Roadkill: Endurance – Survive 3 minutes – Every 100 kills extends timer by 10 seconds

Roadkill: Scoreboad – Complete in under 2 minutes – Kill 500 Zombies

Demoliton: Endurance – Survive for 5 minutes – Each car wrecked extends timer by 20 seconds

Demoliton:Scoreboad – Complete in 5 minutes – Wreck 10 cars

Brock is the best choice due to having a high durability factor and his special move making quick work of other cars.

Checkpoint Challenge – Hit 50 checkpoints – complete under 4 minutes

Kelley makes short work of this challenge. Probably the easiest of the 6.

Massacre Madness – Hit 1000 kills – Complete under 5 minutes

I used Bedlam for this challenge, due to starting with the minigun.

Zombie Harvest

[

Rack up over 50 kills in a single Killing Spree

See “Fear the Reaper” for information.

Flesh Sack

Hit a Shambler while it's in mid-air

Probably the first trophy you will unlock. It popped for me after hitting my first zombie and he was on the ground, so I’m thinking it unlocks if you hit a zombie and it gets tossed into the air.

Death by Goldberg Machine

Crush 5 or more Zombies with a single Prop

When in the … zone, look for a bus. Get behind the bus and push it in front of you when driving. Should easily be able to kill 5 zombies with it.

Roadkill Cafe

Earn Bonus Zombie Points in every Event in a single Cup

During events, you will often see Bonus Zombie appear over a zombie’s head. Run over 3 Bonus Zombies in a single event for a Bonus point in the standings. Only 1 Bonus Zombie appears at a time. Do the first cup, as it only has 3 events. Ignore the objective and just drive around looking for Bonus Zombies. Once the championship ends, the trophy will pop.

Driving Miss Zombie

Trigger a Jump Camera with a Leaper on your Car

Getting some air off a jump, triggers the jump camera, basically a slow-mo view from in front of your car. Leapers are the things that jump on the top of your car and punch it for damage. They also require you to hit a wall or other object to shake them loose. The random zombie that grabs hold of your bumper and hangs on will not work for this trophy. Once you have a leaper on your car, it happens constantly, find a jump and hit the gas.

Crash and Burn

Multiplayer: Kill another human player while you are both in mid-air

You will need to use the boosting thread to find a partner for this as multiplayer online is dead. There are two methods:

1. Get one player down to red health. Have them line up behind a jump and follow them, shooting and killing them while you are both in the air after going off the jump.

2. One player picks Superstar and the person going for the trophy picks Brock. Have Brock at the top of an incline. When Superstar drives up the incline, have Brock use his special move and turbo. If hit, Superstar will die in one hit. Took a few tries, but this is what I used with my boosting partner.

Survivalist

Multiplayer: Complete one entire event without being wrecked

Start a King of the Skull match and a fast car. Drive away from the skull and avoid the AI. The only thing you need to worry about are the big behemoth zombies that kill you in one punch. Avoid those and pick up repair kits constantly.

Wastelander

Multiplayer: Compete in 10 online Events

Simply compete in 10 events. Don’t need to win them.

The Spice of Life

Wreck each Driver at least once during a single Event

Pick a car that is good at wrecking other cars, such as Brock, and target each car. Easily gotten in destruction events where you need to kill the most cars. Pile-ups occur frequently as the AI goes after each other.

Bully

Wreck your Rival 5 times in a single Event

Same as the above, but only focus on the rival for your event. Rival in Red will be displayed next to their name making it easy to find them on the map.

Donut King

Completed an uninterrupted Donut for 10 seconds

Select Kelley. Hold down the hand brake, gas, and either left or right. Kelley will start doing a Donut. I hit quite a few zombies while doing this, so assuming that uninterrupted means not to get hit by another driver.

He's a Wreckin' Machine!

Wreck 2 Vehicles during one single Juggernaut or Damage Frenzy Rage

You will need to use either Brock or Nazar to unlock this trophy. Easiest way to do this is in destruction events as cars pile up trying to wreck each other.

Blind Leading the Blinded

Wreck 2 Vehicles during a single Flashbling or Cloak Rage

You will need to use Superstar or Natalya for this trophy. I found it easiest with Superstar as the AI stops driving when you activate his special move.

How Nature says Don't Touch

Wreck 2 Vehicles with a single Shockwave or Gross Polluter Rage

You will need to Jackson or Bedlam for this trophy. I found it easier with Bedlam as his power lasts longer. Need to get lucky as 2 vehicles need to be in close proximity to you and also low on health.

From on High

]

Wreck 2 Vehicles with a single Surgical Strike or Gravity Well Rage

You will need to use Reggie or Kelley. I found it easier to use Kelley as Reggie’s special move has a long lead time. Need to get lucky as 2 vehicles need to be in close proximity to you and also low on health.

Undisputed

Complete the Blood Drive Championship

You will unlock the Blood Drive Championship after completing the 5 preliminary championships. The Blood Drive championship consists of 6 zones and 30 events.

'C' Is for Champion

Place first in all Events in the Blood Drive Championship

All 30 events must be won in first place. As stated above, the game will continue at the beginning of each zone, so you do not need to string 30 wins in a row, but will need to do at least 5 in a row. I found this easiest with Superstar. His car has the best balance to be able to win the race/skull events as well as the destruction events. The AI seems to just stop driving when you use his special move, allowing easy kills.

Hardcore Cup Strip Teased

Complete the Hardcore Cup with Kelley

See Home is where the Heart is for strategies.

Hardcore Cup Flatlined

Complete the Hardcore Cup with Reggie

See Till death do us part for strategies.

Hardcore Cup Slammed

Complete the Hardcore Cup with Bedlam

See Shred some faces for strategies.

Hardcore Cup Suplexed

Complete the Hardcore Cup with Superstar

See Living Legend for strategies.

Hardcore Cup Assassinated

Complete the Hardcore Cup with Nazar

See Dark and Mysterious for strategies.

Hardcore Cup Conquered

Complete the Hardcore Cup with Natalya

See Ode to Mother Russia for strategies.

Hardcore Cup Stomped

Complete the Hardcore Cup with Jackson

See Into the Sunset for strategies.

Hardcore Cup Sacked

Complete the Hardcore Cup with Brock

See Hit em in the Numbers for strategies.

Fear the Reaper

Rack up over 100 kills in a single Killing Spree

A Killing Spree begins when you kill 5 zombies in quick succession. After each 25 kills, the timer is extended. I find it easiest to rack up kills with the Minigun. Find a minigun pickup, and circle around it killing zombies. Once it respawns, pick it up for an ammo refill. Rinse and repeat till you have over 100 kills.

Hail to the King Baby

Multiplayer: Come in first in 5 King of the Skull Events

Pick a fast car. Playing against the AI makes this very easy.

Untouchable

Multiplayer: Come in first in 5 Checkpoint Race Eventsg99

Pick a fast car. Playing against the AI makes this very easy.

Secret Trophies

Death Rider's Legacy

Complete the Hardcore Cup with all Drivers

As the trophy says, Complete the Hardcore Cup with all Drivers.

'O' is for Overachiever

Place first in every Event in Tournament Mode

Play each championship over again with the car you are most comfortable with, ensuring to get first in every single event. If you manage to get first in every event in a championship, that one is already complete and can be skipped. But I doubt it since championships are long and the game can take some getting used to the controls.