Rate the trophy difficulty...  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.50

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I give it a eight it takes two to three hours to finish a championship or hardcore cup and you need to do it sixteen times. Some of the cars are useless so that makes completing cups with certain characters harder. The game controls take a lot of getting use to it seems all the cars sensitivity levels are extremely high. You go flying in the air from barely turning or hitting stuff so that brings the difficulty up for me.

• 5 months later...
I give it a eight it takes two to three hours to finish a championship or hardcore cup and you need to do it sixteen times. Some of the cars are useless so that makes completing cups with certain characters harder. The game controls take a lot of getting use to it seems all the cars sensitivity levels are extremely high. You go flying in the air from barely turning or hitting stuff so that brings the difficulty up for me.

I would have to agree with Dark. While the game itself doesnt seem all that difficult, its very time consuming, and Darks mention of the unusual rebounding on the cars is dead on. I would def suggest a good few practice rounds.

• 9 months later...
I would have to agree with Dark. While the game itself doesnt seem all that difficult, its very time consuming, and Darks mention of the unusual rebounding on the cars is dead on. I would def suggest a good few practice rounds.

well going to disagree with you and agree with dark.

the handling with the cars will be your main issue with the game.....they purely suck:mad:

also its stacked against you from the start....even worse with certain cars.

hold the skull mode springs to mind...they can tap you and take it you need to slam them and even then it's luck as i found out.

games just frustrating.

• 3 years later...

Went with a 5. It will take skill to control cars that as mentioned before tend to buck and spin wildly on the slightest impact at times but with enough practice you can learn to account for this.

The true test will be forcing yourself to play through another full championship after doing it the first 2 times, it's just repetitive and dull! God only knows why the trophies don't stack as it could have cut the number of required playthroughs in half. I have done the hardest part of Overachiever aswell, I just don't know if I have the will to do the rest of it, I'm bored witless already and ive only done 7/16 of the full championships :(

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Gave this a 5.

First off, ignore reviews and the general negativity with regards to this title. It's a lot of fun and the A.I. is fairly aggressive, which makes a for a very challenging title.

Trophy wise it seems very daunting from the out set, especially the 'O' is for Overachiever trophy. Get Bedlam done first as his vehicle will make you rage quit, it handles so badly it ain't funny. But once he's done your pretty much set up for the platinum.

I was gonna go and use Superstar for the 'O' trophy, but Natayla ended up getting the job done first. I actually finished first in every event four times with both previous drivers i mentioned. It ain't that hard and it ain't that easy either, but a trophy hunter should never say no to a challenge. Peace.

Edited by plisken1979

• 1 year later...
On 1/27/2019 at 7:30 PM, plisken1979 said:

Get Bedlam done first as his vehicle will make you rage quit, it handles so badly it ain't funny.

Bedlam is really fucking trash LOL

5/10 This game is really not hard, it's just boring and annoying. Haven't voted yet because i'm still cleaning up some stuff, but will later.

The things that make this a bad game:

• Enemies will chase you in zombie based modes, despite not scoring for killing you (yeah, they disrupt your kill streak, but that's unbalanced against you because if you die and 2 others are farming kills, they are already ahead of you. This is very aggravating because you will often feel oppressed trying to mind your own business and hunt your zombies but you can't because there is a dude chasing you the entire time with a machine gun right up your ass. Deal with him, lose him or die, no in between, he won't fuck off unless you force him to.
  • Points for combos are only cashed in when the combo expires and there is no scaling reward in high combos. You will get 25 points for every 10 killstreak you have. Combos will not cash out when time runs out, so if you have a 120 combo on Roadkill Elimination and you are the last player, fuck you, get eliminated nerd.
  • There is no advantage to getting high combos nor you can combo earlier than the timer. Dying kills your combo and takes away your cash out. This puts players on a horrible position where they are not killing stuff on the last 15 seconds of a match because they don't want to extend the combo and risky getting killed and losing all of it. Cashing in 5 combos of 20 killstreak gives literally the same number of points a 100 killstreak combo would (that's 250 points btw). There is no risk/reward to consider, only risk. Cash in early and cash in often.
  • Reversing often does not damage zombies and lets them damage you in the process.
  • Brock's grenade launcher can often stop completely for no good reason.
  • Character rages are either irrelevant or obnoxious. I have never felt like i died to a Nazar, Natalya or Brock because of their rages. Kelley will remove all of your forward momentum and deal 3 bars of damage, Bedlam's poison cloud has a massive range and also deals 3 bars of damage. Jackson's air wave makes you lose control of your car seemlingly out of nowhere like Leapers do, but doesn't do much damage unless you get flung against a wall. Reggie's rage Surgical Strike even exists? Superstar will just render every AI player useless which is easy farming for him, he will usually be your 2nd player in every Hardcore Cup because of this. Not very useful against players.
  • All cars are too light. It's absolutely bonkers to play big trucks like Natalya or Brock and get rammed by Bedlam or Kelley and literally be send flying sky high. Cars being too light are the reason why the handling is so fucking trash. Just make cars heavier and game would instantly be better.
  • Cars are too weak, all of them. You can be destroyed pretty quickly by normal zombies, literally any Behemoth will insta kill literally any car with literally any health level using the rush attack. Bloaters are too strong, can deal 20% damage to cars from crazy distance with crazy accuracy which makes you often run for health for simply driving somewhere near a Bloater's vicinity.
  • You will be the only one being targetted by the leapers most of the time. Leapers are way too annoying to deal with and you have to hit a wall with decent strength to shake them off (or use an ability that affects area like Gravity Well or Flash Bling). Leapers will also randomly slingshot to you and when hitting the back of your car, will make you spin seemingly out of nowhere.
  • Drunk Missiles and the doll trap are fucking trash. Every other weapon is pretty decent and have good aim assist (apart maybe from the Harpoon Launcher), filling one specific role of car destroyer or zombie destroyer. Using laser often feels really good because of this aim assist.
  • AI will specifically save their specials to use against you. It's crazy seeing Bedlam or Kelley beelining toward you to use their abilities, it's super infuriating because it's unavoidable damage unlike most of the other rage attacks.
  • Game is super boring. Every game mode is either elimination (1 minute and 50 seconds max) or 4 minutes long, no in between. Races should have been goal based (first to 20, wins), zombies modes should have been kill based (first to 200 kills or 500 points, wins), car destruction should have been kill based (first to 7 wins).
  • 16 championships is just way too much. Blood Championship and Hardcore championship are basically the same except for some (all?) full health powerups being removed, you should not have had to beat both of them with every character. They are incredibly easy and lenient. You will often see yourself just laying down the controller in the last 2 areas because you are just so much ahead of the competition that there is no point in even trying, you will win.
  • There is usually a spot in every map that you can abuse for the Skull mode. I haven't found one for every map, but if you find more, please post here.
  1. Overpass map: you can drop into the roof to the side of the overpass and no one will even bother moving anymore. You can also use the big leap that drops you into the roof (the ramp to this is somewhat on the middle of the map and aiming toward your initial spawn) and then slowly reverse to fall on the lower roof, that also breaks the AI and you can basically idle there until you win.
  2. Airport map: if you take the high path to the right of your initial spawn (there will be a single missile powerup there) and fly left at the far end, you should land on top of a container. You can also use the big airplane ramp to land on top of that building (above the full healing in normal championships). These breaks the AI.
  3. Dust map with the overpass in the middle: You can take the overpass for the highest level and follow the path with infinite rage to drop onto another roof in the direction of your initial spawn. You can also get to this smaller roof by racing up the rubble in this area. This also breaks the AI.
  • There is no point to the rival system. You don't get targetted more often by rivals, killing them don't give extra points within a match and the +1 you get for being above them in the scoreboard post-game is irrelevant and negligible.
  • Only 3 perks matter: Speed Demon (or Pimped when your rage power is good in checkpoint/skull events) and Getting Personal. Those are the only 3 that provide 3 advantages. Everything else sees you sacrificing a slot for a mediocre power up. Random weapon is not a good perk. Just be good at the game and know the powerup spawns. Other than Mines as starter weapon for Kelley and Grenade Launcher as starter weapon for Brock, you can basically play whatever and still perform just fine.

There are other things about this game which are basically just meh, like characters just randomly getting a cutscene for beating the Blood Cup with no actual character development, zombies latching onto your car for no reason (you can't shake them off like Leapers either), the parking lot map existing (and not having some kind of instant elevator), but none of those deserve an elaborated point about.

I kinda like that you can restart a zone/map and that you can quit a championship and continue later.

Should you play this game? No, just don't. The only reason you should play this is because you want an easy UR platinum and you don't respect your time enough that you can afford to waste 40 hours with this game. Or that you wanna play Twisted Metal (which you no longer can do the online for at this point and time), but with much worse quality.

Edited by yuri03042