Rate the trophy difficulty.  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very easy.
    • 10 - Very hard.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_35.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.29

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Puzzler

It's a strategy game so the difficulty may vary widely for some people. I pretty much marched right through the single player stuff. Had to try a few of the challenges 2-3 times, but none were very difficult. The worst part is getting the multiplayer wins because there is no one playing, but once you find a boosting partner it goes fast. Overall I give it a 3.

• 1 year later...

2, but I've played this game in real life.

The AI is terrible, worse than any human player I've seen. They often give up their only chance to escape your entrapment by playing the sole piece they could use to escape in some uncontested area. Even on the last Elite challenge I was able to place all my pieces and get the 20pt bonus. I was worried that my AI partner would hold me back (particularly when you need to hold an opponent to X points, which is very easy when you control both), but it wasn't bad. Seems like your AI partner is better than your AI opposition until the Legend cup.

I only had to redo 2 challenges:

a) one of the Elite cup timer challenges - 20sec isn't enough time to analyze the board and place your piece. Went faster (somewhat haphazardly) but good enough to edge the AI.

b) the Legend team challenge - I had an average game and my AI partner sucked balls. Still managed to tie, but in Legend ties don't count as wins. Redid it and won.

MP is dead and a dull grind. You'll definitely need a boosting partner.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...

3/10

While some of the matches can be rather annoying (special credit goes to the one for scoring 80 points individually in a team match as your AI partner would gladly block you out and prevent you from putting your last piece to 80 down), the AI is dim enough that it's not hard to beat them even if you're a newbie to Blokus like I was. Just go hard at the start to reach the center (the 5-piece Ls and the Large S are good for this as they can all cover a 3x3 area's worth of distance), block an opponent or two, and start looking for ways to break through your opponents' blocks to expand your playing field while also keeping some heat on what you already have so your opponents can't retake it too easily or get much when they do. It can take a bit to get used to, but it's not hard enough that you should really struggle too much.