Kenpachi in this game is a disgrace...

Not the character, but the way the AI controls Kenpachi is nothing short of ridiculous and completely out of character. Kenpachi's a guy who likes to get up close to his opponent and hack the living daylights out of them, and rarely, if not never, resorted to long range combat, looking down on it and any who relies on such a tactic. In this game, the AI controls Kenpachi to use his energy wave on multiple occasions, try and get close, he grabs you and kicks you back so he can continue his energy waves some more. He rarely stops to swing his sword for physical combat and it's just makes you cringe watching him fight.

In fact, when has he ever used energy waves? I know they're trying to give Kenpachi a long range move to balance out his move-pool, but can't they program the AI to make him more like he is in the series and not a wimp that spends his time keeping his distance?

In fact, when has he ever used energy waves? I know they're trying to give Kenpachi a long range move to balance out his move-pool, but can't they program the AI to make him more like he is in the series and not a wimp that spends his time keeping his distance?

If I remember correctly from reading the manga he never used any sort of Kido, relying completely on brute strength the entire time (at least up until the end of the Aizen arc where I read). I haven't played the game but that's really disappointing if they weren't able to stay true to his character. :/

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree the real kenpachi doesnt give up. He rather go out in bloody glory than admit defeat and he isnt the kind of guy to send wave of power out he focuses on the full brute strength of his power. Plus one of the best things about kenpachi is his insane love for battle they needed more of that in his character