BlazBlue Trials vs Street Fighter 4

superpj

Which game has the hardest trials ?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which game has the hardest trials ?

• BlazBlue Continuum Shift
    • Street Fighter 4
    • They're equally hard

I vote Blazblue. I haven't done a lot of characters but enough to realize that they're amazingly hard :eek: I gave up on Lambda's 6th trial, they get harder and harder and sometimes it takes luck to connect his moves :mad: (especially when you have to hit your opponent airbone after performing a long combo).

My good points to BB Trials :

- target combos don't require a strict timing unlike SF4

- pressing :l1: shows a demo of the combo you must do (this should've been implemented in sf4 !!!)

- pressing :select: resets the characters positions (another timesaver that should've ben implemented in sf4)

My bad points :

- you don't know how many trials are in a mission

- you can't save between trials in a mission (if u quit you start over)

- the whole combo isn't displayed on the screen :mad: (you have to go to the pause menu to see everything)

Great thread by the fighting-game master :D

Unfortunately, I haven't touched the new BB, but I most people say the BB trials are much harder than the ones in SF4.

SF4 trials are extremely hard for newcomers, but they are a real breeze for those who are familiar with the combo system. I am not sure if that applies to BB.

Anyways, I'm not voting. I'm just saying that the majority went with BB in terms of difficulty AFAIK.

I voted SF4 but only because Capcom was shady enough to not put a demonstration feature in the Challenge Mode. So if you're new and looking at the combo you have nothing to go off of and immediately go to the internet for guidance. The main problem with that is youtube isn't as clear as it may be required for some people to notice certain things to help them with their timing. Another problem I have is they dumbed down the 623 into double tapping 3... but only for their challenge mode. Granted most of the trickier challenges are just asinine showboating, but they broke their own combo system.

SF4 trials are extremely hard for newcomers, but they are a real breeze for those who are familiar with the combo system. I am not sure if that applies to BB.

I think it's the same in BB. If you know how BB's combo system works then you'll be able to do the combos. I say SF are much harder, there's a lot more specific timing and getting all the focus cancels in with not being able to see what the combo looks like beforehand can make it difficult. Theres also a lot more characters to learn (although more of them are similar to each other, but not similar enough imo).

I'm finding the BB challenge mode a lot more useful in learning the mechanics of the different characters, rather than in SF where there seems to be a lot of luck to some later combos that just makes them a bit pointless because you'll very rarely be able to do them in a real match. (Obviously some BB challenges are the same, but I think a lot more are useful.)

As some of you have mentioned, it depends, if you're familiar with the game.

I find the SF trials extremely easy (Done the SSF4 trials 3 times and SF4 2 times) since I play it a whole lot, but find the BB trials a bit challenging, since I don't play this game at all.

I'm going to say they go about even.

Edited by Marth101

For a "pad-player" like me, BlazBlue CS is insanely more difficult than SFIV or SSFIV trials. While I have 100% on both SF, I haven't even managed get 100 missions trophy of BB.

Also, I haven't made any 100% on any individual character. Most far that I have gone is 90% with Jin and 80% on Ragna and Makoto.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think SF4's trials were harder than SSF4, and both are harder than BBCS, mostly because you need to do all of them. Someone mentioned that if you know the combo system, they become easier, which is true... I'm better at BB's gatling system than SF4's system. I took my friend's PS3, put in my BBCS, and did 100 trials for him (without DLC) in an hour. On the flipside, if I started over on SF4/SSF4, it would take me weeks, if I was able to do them at all. Some of those trials I got by pure fluke, and some with turbo abuse.

Bear in mind I have the plat on SF4, SSF4, and BBCS, and I did all the trials myself, on stick (a couple on controller, but 99% stick).

rteruyas - If the BBCS trophy was to do 100% of the trials, then it would be harder by far. But it is not, therefore it is easier.

RYU81 - I did some of the EX+a trials waaay back when. They gave me a ton of blisters on my thumb from the repeated super motions (I had no stick back then, didn't know how to use one). I think I did almost all of the ones in 2, but I forget.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Well I've done all SSF4 trials, and many friends told me they are harder than SF4 that have both games done.

Easier of course to get the challenge trophy for BlazBlue since you only need to do 100 challenges, versus doing 840 trials on SSF4.

Since we're talking about trials though, not just the trophy requirement. I'd say BlazBlue trials are harder.

They are very long, and there is pretty tight timing in parts of the combos. And some characters require a lot of speed + precise timing.

The only different thing in SSF4 is some trials require creative inputs, whereas BlazBlue far as I've seen inputs are always the same. Some trials in SSF4 would seem like impossible until you realise you just need to do the input differently. this freedom in input gave you a lot of options. And made some trials easier since if you knew the shortcuts it increased your speed.

Edited by CogniVision

• 2 weeks later...

Based on my own experience, (99 challenges pre-BBCS2 and no DLC. SF4 trials complete) I'll say that SF4 is slightly harder. In BBCS if you don't have any DLC you had to do at least a handful of high-level challenges to get to 100 and most of the truly difficult challenges (Lambda's 9th comes to mind) are pretty much harder than anything SF4 throws at you with the arguable exception of Viper's 3rd and Ken's 4th trial. Those two are pretty much the sole reason SF4 edges out BBCS in my book.

Based on my own experience, (99 challenges pre-BBCS2 and no DLC. SF4 trials complete) I'll say that SF4 is slightly harder. In BBCS if you don't have any DLC you had to do at least a handful of high-level challenges to get to 100 and most of the truly difficult challenges (Lambda's 9th comes to mind) are pretty much harder than anything SF4 throws at you with the arguable exception of Viper's 3rd and Ken's 4th trial. Those two are pretty much the sole reason SF4 edges out BBCS in my book.

Does the thread say which one is a harder trophy, or which one is harder trials?

You're talking trophy requirement. If you had to do ALL of BBCS2 you would still say SSF4 is harder. Answer it that way, not trophy requirement difficulty.

Most the people saying SF is harder is because they are bringing up you only have to do 100 BBC trials. Which isn't a proper vote.

Edited by CogniVision

Does the thread say which one is a harder trophy, or which one is harder trials?

You're talking trophy requirement. If you had to do ALL of BBCS2 you would still say SSF4 is harder. Answer it that way, not trophy requirement difficulty.

Most the people saying SF is harder is because they are bringing up you only have to do 100 BBC trials. Which isn't a proper vote.

I've only done SF4, not SSF4. And I was primarily talking about BBCS, not BBCS2. If the question is all challenges than BBCS takes the cake.

• 1 year later...

I think anyone who says the SF trials are harder doesn't know what they're talking about, there's simply no way that you could actually believe that if you tried the harder ones here. It's not even a discussion, the trials here are several times harder than the ones in SFIV/SSFIV, and UMvC3 for that matter. To add to that there doesn't seem to be anywhere to get info on these trials, there aren't even any videos for the new versions, so there's stuff that I just can't get, without understanding why, like the super in Litchi 10 or the start of Arakune 10. If you had to do all trials this would probably be the hardest platinum going, certainly top 5.

I still think the platinum here is easier than SFIV though, even without DLC, since getting to 66% trial completion isn't that hard really.

Edited by McGarnigle