This game REALLY this hard?

grimydawg

Is this game so REALLY that hard? I'm looking for another good little fighting game whenever I get back online and get done with GTA4. I think I'm gonna beat the Blazblue games next. I guess I would probably like opinions from people that have got the plat on a SF4 game at least.... Since they would know better probably.

What exactly do you mean by "this game"? If you're talking about the difficulty of getting the platinum trophy, that should already be obvious. If you're talking about just finishing most of the modes of the game, no, it's not hard. If you're talking about competing with people online... how could anyone answer that? It depends on the people you run into.

Edited by AriaOfSorrow

Depends on your skill in fighting games and how well your learning curve is. I have a friend who plat both SFIV and SSFIV but for the love of god cannot complete a majority of challenge mode to save his life. Besides challenge mode everything else is pretty simple, The online ranking trophies will be a bit time consuming unless you can find someone to turbo boost with you overnight

If your looking to play competitively it depends on who you use and who you fight, i think this game really stresses the tier list ... so if you plan on using Noel or another low tier like myself your in for a world of frustration and sadness. If you plan to use someone like Ragna or another god tier ... or tager then mash normals into 4k combos like a boss (until the rebalance patch nerfs the f*** out of them xD)

I'd say this game is very difficult if you aren't used to the guilty gear series. Most people by the time they're done with this game know about 4-5 10 to 20 button combination combos that require percise timing. It's not like street fighter where it's more about timing and countering, here it's more about timing and knowing combo strings and "tech traps". It's not easy, but I certainly wouldn't call SF harder. Just different.

Personally, I think the platinum is fairly difficult. Once you get to level 50 online nad try to do the challenges it isn't too bad, but really you need a lot of practice to ever get a sense of what the hell is going on with 20-40 combo strings.

On the other hand, I think that the game doesn't stress tier lists online. Just expect to get your ass kicked by a lot of counters if you play certain characters. IE: As a Tager, I can't fucking stand Arakunes or Tsubakis. V-13's piss me off too.

Edited by Elephantgun

As a Tager, I can't fucking stand Arakunes or Tsubakis

It's weird...Because the fight Tager/Tsubaki is usually more harder for tsubaki... You don't mean Lambda ?

Personnaly (igot the platinum for SF4, no time to lose on ssf4), i think bb is harder, a lot. Because you can't boost online (except in friend match , but its faster in ranked match if youre not too bad), because the gameplay is not "casual-like", like SF4 (no double jump, no air-guard, no rolls, slow...) and its most faster.

The Challenges are harder too, but not because the timing sucks (SF4, SSF4) but because combo is more than 8 hits... :o

If you're just looking for a fighting game without care about trophyzz, so yes, for me BB CS is the better fighting game now.

I'd say this game is very difficult if you aren't used to the guilty gear series. *snip*

This. I have been playing GG from Midnight Carnival > Accent Core (pretty casually admittedly) but playing these games makes BB seem a lot easier (a lot less technical aspects to it) for sure.

As others have said its difficulty really depends on whether or not you're going for (P). If you are, getting to level 50 and completing 100 challenges will be rather taxing, and I suppose Score Attack as well. If you're just playing for fun, this is a great 2D fighter with a lot of competition.

I beg to differ about people abusing tier lists online, most of the opponents I face are Ragna (S tier). Average players are always looking for the easiest way to win, hence a lot of people will pick the S tier characters. The game is pretty balanced (except for poor Rachel atm, maybe Tsubaki too) but I would agree about favorable/unfavorable matchups playing more of a part than tiers (there are some good Noel/Rachel/Jin players out there who are low-mid/bottom tier characters).

Anyway the game is easy to learn and Challenge Mode helps you with some basic combos, although I'd recommend a place like Dustloop where you can get more extensive combos/mixups/frame data etc. There are a lot of different character styles to choose from so pick one you enjoy, and have fun! :D

It's weird...Because the fight Tager/Tsubaki is usually more harder for tsubaki... You don't mean Lambda ?

Personnaly (igot the platinum for SF4, no time to lose on ssf4), i think bb is harder, a lot. Because you can't boost online (except in friend match , but its faster in ranked match if youre not too bad), because the gameplay is not "casual-like", like SF4 (no double jump, no air-guard, no rolls, slow...) and its most faster.

The Challenges are harder too, but not because the timing sucks (SF4, SSF4) but because combo is more than 8 hits... :o

If you're just looking for a fighting game without care about trophyzz, so yes, for me BB CS is the better fighting game now.

No, I mant Tsubaki. When I fight a good Lambda, it at least feels fair (I could have IBed that and done a 360A, I could have not A-sledged. I could have atomic collider'd there). When fighting Tsubaki, they can have continuous 5charges of Install because Tager has no way to punish it. It's possible to win but it's it really gives her the upperhand. Luckily there aren't many high-level Tsubaki's out there. At all.

As someone who's platinumed SF4, SSF4, BBCT, and BBCS, I can say... uhh... SF4/SSF4 and BBCS are not that far off each other in difficulty. If you're able to do the trials/challenges, everything else is a cakewalk in comparison, considering most trophies can be boosted or grinded easily. SF4/SSF4 have the edge in difficulty because they have a lot more trials and you are required to do all of them instead of only 75%, I suppose. Also, the SF trials aren't really viable combos (most of the later ones, at least), so learning them is harder and less useful.

Even if you choose not to boost, the difficulty doesn't change too much - considering that if you want to do C to Shining C on your own, you're looking at ~100 hrs alone for that, which is probably comparable to what lvl 50 would take in BBCS, but I couldn't say for sure.

Actually, I take that back. If you don't boost at all, SSF4 will be harder because you need chip/time out/super wins for titles, and those are incredibly hard to get against a non-scrub player.

Edit: Bear in mind that this is an unbiased opinion. I say this as someone who's had a long history with both SF and GG, so I'm used to both combo systems. If you're good with one and not the other, obviously the difficulty jumps up a lot.

Edited by Akari

As someone who's platinumed SF4, SSF4, BBCT, and BBCS, I can say... uhh... SF4/SSF4 and BBCS are not that far off each other in difficulty. If you're able to do the trials/challenges, everything else is a cakewalk in comparison, considering most trophies can be boosted or grinded easily. SF4/SSF4 have the edge in difficulty because they have a lot more trials and you are required to do all of them instead of only 75%, I suppose. Also, the SF trials aren't really viable combos (most of the later ones, at least), so learning them is harder and less useful.

Even if you choose not to boost, the difficulty doesn't change too much - considering that if you want to do C to Shining C on your own, you're looking at ~100 hrs alone for that, which is probably comparable to what lvl 50 would take in BBCS, but I couldn't say for sure.

Actually, I take that back. If you don't boost at all, SSF4 will be harder because you need chip/time out/super wins for titles, and those are incredibly hard to get against a non-scrub player.

Edit: Bear in mind that this is an unbiased opinion. I say this as someone who's had a long history with both SF and GG, so I'm used to both combo systems. If you're good with one and not the other, obviously the difficulty jumps up a lot.

you got all for plat your cool dude lol but i think bbcs is a lil harder for the fact i havent got the combos down pack yet and get handed online lol

Pretty much echoing what Akari said. Really, the difference between the two trophies is this.

To compare 2 trophies, do you prefer 3 inputs with only 1 frame of leeway? (aka 1/60th of a second), or do you prefer 20 inputs with 10 frames of leeway per input?

Edited by Elephantgun

• 1 year later...

I plated mk vs dc mk sf4 ssf4 bbct and mvc3. I'd compare these trials to umvc3 which I didn't plat. The characters in bb don't have any weight to them which makes it harder for me. With sf I can feel the character land a hit whereas I don't in bb or umvc3.

The air combos especially.

Edited by DoveCity187

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Superior State of Mind is the only skillbased trophy in the game. Everything online can be boosted though its gonna take some time for the Level 50 trophy unless ones boosting buddy is already a high Level. Score Attack is pretty much a joke if you use Tager + beginner mode and Legion mode, well, once you capture Unlimited Tao (or any other unlimited char that you can play with) then its smooth sailing :D

Edited by Castillo

• 4 weeks later...