XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > B (PS3) > BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Old 08-24-2010, 07:53 AM   #31 (permalink)

If anyone wants to boost/has any ideas, I'm open to it. Unfortunately I don't have a turbo controller though. I don't mind it taking time, but geez. I'm sitting here trying to play ranked matches, and all I get is "Matching..." and this is after picking quick match. If it takes this long for you to get quick matches, I'd hate to see how long it would take to get a specific type. I'll never get to 50 at this rate, that's for sure.

AriaOfSorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #32 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to LeeorV

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriaOfSorrow View Post
If anyone wants to boost/has any ideas, I'm open to it. Unfortunately I don't have a turbo controller though. I don't mind it taking time, but geez. I'm sitting here trying to play ranked matches, and all I get is "Matching..." and this is after picking quick match. If it takes this long for you to get quick matches, I'd hate to see how long it would take to get a specific type. I'll never get to 50 at this rate, that's for sure.
I've actually got a fun little solution for that,

use the "play arcade while waiting" feature and play arcade modes that you haven't beaten yet. the "matching..." process will be in the background and won't bother you, when you do get matched, the game will stop and let you confirm the match, as well as rechoose characters.

saves a lot of boredom
Old 08-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #33 (permalink)

Awards Showcase I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna F Seiei View Post
I hear ya, We have to turtle and even then the second Tager gets into our personal bubble were fucked

Im alot better now so i have some bit of counter measure against this but even so ... 2 grabs and i die ?!?!?! THATS B.S MAN

YouTube - US BBCS 360-AzureRevolver (Noel) vs TrueGunnerShadow (Tager)
I gotta learn your 7 to 9 hit combo by heart. It looks like a real winner.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
fancyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #34 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Helping Hand   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Guide Supplement Bronze   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   2,500 Posts   SOTM Winner   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfox View Post
I gotta learn your 7 to 9 hit combo by heart. It looks like a real winner.
The 6A > 6C > jd > D > 6B > C > 236D ? x]

I changed it actually a day or two after that match was posted on youtube , its the same concept just one move change

6A > 6C > jd >6D > 6B > C >236D

The 6D adds a tiny bit of extra damage but every little point counts for me xP
Old 08-25-2010, 01:08 AM   #35 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephantgun View Post
Maining Tager, yes Hakumen is a pretty decent counter to Tager. However, a good Tager can either 2A air counter or Psychic Collider Hakumen for a good 3.5-4k followup. The main challenge is getting in the first hit. After they're magnetized you pretty much have it in the bag, atomic collider will counter any air-dash openers (read: all of Hakumens). Grounding a Hakumen is essentially like winning the match, unless they're fucking incredible at using D counters, in which case my hat's off to them.
I've still won when I got magnetized. It's usually when they get me in a grab that I'm screwed.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:43 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeorV View Post
I've actually got a fun little solution for that,

use the "play arcade while waiting" feature and play arcade modes that you haven't beaten yet. the "matching..." process will be in the background and won't bother you, when you do get matched, the game will stop and let you confirm the match, as well as rechoose characters.

saves a lot of boredom
I wish I would have thought of that before I beat arcade mode with everyone

AriaOfSorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #37 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to LeeorV

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriaOfSorrow View Post
I wish I would have thought of that before I beat arcade mode with everyone
you can still use "training while waiting" mode, that puts you in training mode while matching online ranked matches in the background

this way you can work on your combos, or simply leave the screen on and wait to hear the "here comes a new challanger" annoucnement
Old 08-31-2010, 04:14 AM   #38 (permalink)

Ya after checking it out and finding out I'll need around 58mil to get to 50 and I am lvl 26 with about 2mil in points, it made me sad. It is going to be a long road and I finished all the arcade mode while doing the ranked matches, so not much left especially when you have already learned most of the harder combos for your character, its just wait and pray you dont get a laggy match to make all the practice useless.

Anyway I have been thinking of just learning arakune with all the time I will be in training, or someone else.
DOAisBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:31 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOAisBetter View Post
Ya after checking it out and finding out I'll need around 58mil to get to 50 and I am lvl 26 with about 2mil in points, it made me sad. It is going to be a long road and I finished all the arcade mode while doing the ranked matches, so not much left especially when you have already learned most of the harder combos for your character, its just wait and pray you dont get a laggy match to make all the practice useless.

Anyway I have been thinking of just learning arakune with all the time I will be in training, or someone else.
Even with boosting it just takes a long, long time. Even against a lvl 50 @ 75k exp/match it's nothing compared to what you'd get from ranked. I started boosting because it's hard to find a lag-free match for me in Ranked. For a game where hit confirm is important it makes comboing really difficult. Not to mention my character will react 1-2 seconds after my input.

Mainly online it's Ragna, Bang, and Tager dominating my playtime. All of whom I loathe fighting. I'll meet Hakumen/Hazama/Litchi every few matches. Almost never see a Rachel/Carl/Arakune. See a lot of low lvl Jin/Noel. In one match Bang beat my Jin's DP (fubuki) with 5A. FML.

Thanks to Lyth-chan for helping me boost! Got the trophy+platinum ^_^ Now gotta practice my Jin a lot so I can get better

Last edited by Buster-K; 09-02-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Buster-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:55 AM   #40 (permalink)

Bang's 5A is just criminal. I hope he gets nerfed and they bring up Rachel and Tsubaki from the dredges. I hope they nerf Tager too, just because