Rate the trophy difficulty...  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_85.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.74

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give the game myself ... somewhere between a 9-10 (9.5)

If were gauging the difficulty toward just any player with no knowledge of the game who just decided to pick it up for a couple trophies, i would definitely give the game a solid 10/10 because of Score Attack and how much harder it is now opposed to the last game, Challenge Mode for their insane combos which involve ALOT of practice and patience to do and then the fact that the D code level online is no longer boostable through ranked matches and to make matters worse you have to reach level 50 now.

Now if were gauging this for regular players of fighters or regulars of Blazblue id give it just a solid 9/10 because of challenge mode and the online level trophy ... players online are insane

I also gave it a 9 but to me Score attack is something where you need a trick and a friend with a 2nd controller to exploit the trick. lv 50 is something that takes time to do if you have skill and takes a lot longer if you don't but can be done the thing that takes the cake for me is the challenge mode so it earns a nine for that although darn well near a ten expect a lot of hard combos with people you never considered even touching much less play with.

Giving it an 8.5. The challenges can be difficult (especially if you only had a main/sub you're familiar with, could 10/10 Tager/Taokaka's and hardly get passed 4 with everyone else), and getting rank 50 is difficult, but doable. Would be an 8.0, but it basically requires a second controller (really? 5 sparkbolts in normal play?) which is irritating.

If you're not familiar with fighting games this will probably be undoable without about 30-40+ hours of practice, trophy-hunting aside.

A lot of these trophies can be bypassed easily (online guides, beginner mode) but on the other hand several trophies require a lot of skill (Ding Ding!) and can't be obtained through any other means. I'm voting 9/10 as you really have to be skilled at this game to get to level 50.

The challenges are difficult but it's nothing that can't be done without a lot of practice... plus, you're competing against yourself in this mode, whereas the online play you need to beat other players. It's not like a boring old grind where you just have to do the same thing over and over... each match has significance and both players will be playing to the best of their ability to try to win it (assuming both players want the trophy).

Anyway I'd say this game deserves a high rating in terms of difficulty level. It's both time consuming (training) and difficult. Fun as hell though :dance:

Everyone remember that as the game gets older getting level 50 will become much much more easier. I started Calamity Trigger really late in the game (early 2010) and got to level 30 with ease after I picked up the game. The "good-but-not-great" people were all level 50, so you got a buttload of experience for beating them, while the greats were at 80+. As the game continues level 50 will be a stonesthrow away, if you're decent.

I gave it 6 six until I realized that I forgot to average score attack in. A lot of the trophies can be accessed by a second controller in versus, score attack definitely needs a second controller. Story mode has become easier to complete 100% meaning the images wouldn't be hard to get. Finally the online content can be achieve in due time but until then. I would give it a 7 for the easily obtainable character trophies but score attack definitely bumps it up to an 8. Perhaps 9 if your a day to day casual gamer:think:.

i gave it an 8.5 seeing as the challange mode can be hard at first and requires a lot of repetition you can eventually get the combos and also you need to get at least 6 combo challenges with each character plus a few more on other characters. Score Attack not even gonna mention because anyone who played the first knows how hard it was even when you are jin spamming it can be very hard on the first one. getting to 50 seems like a big task at first but you can easily start boosting this if you get a friend who is much higher level

I gave the first Blazblue a 6/10 for those w/ a 2nd controller, and an 8/10 without one. But this sequel is much more complicated and has a couple of things to keep people from plattting the game.

-Score attack isn't bad...until you reach the cheap bastard known as Hakumen! And if you're using Jin, it can feel impossible to get past him at times. I swear he wasn't as much of a jerk in the first game....

-Challenge mode is a cool feature, but some may not be able to obtain the challenge trophy without the help of the future character DLC to add towards the combo count. I just completed my 50th combo and I feel like I'm stuck. It's gonna be a while...

-Legion mode requires patience. And pay attention to the timer at the top of the screen as a way to help make decisions on who to face next.

BB:Continum Shift gets a 9/10 for me. Even with a boosting partner or 2nd controller, it still feels like it would be the same level of difficulty across the board thanks to the added offline features.

Edited by fancyfox

I give BB:CS a 9/10 mostly do to Score attack which if you are not too good requires lot of cheap tactics and a second controller to remotely have a chance and Challenge Mode which is plain nightmare if you are not good at combo strings, even harder if you are a pad user and even more harder if you play somewhat decent with only 1 or 2 characters.

Online Mode is hard do to the lvl50 trophy but not that hard if you focus on learning some basic strategies with your main character, it may take some time but you will get it eventually (as long as you get at least decent with your main).

Legion Mode is not that hard, you can afford mistakes do to the save system and since you can recruit Unlimited characters like Tao, thing get a lot easier as you keep tearing through enemy lines.

Story Mode is a cake, as is Arcade Mode since you can play it in the easiest difficulty minus the one run you need to do in Hell difficulty but you can keep trying with your best char till you beat Hellish Unlimited Hazama.

Tutorial Mode is easy minus the fatal counter but is not that hard of a link so after some repetitions it will come soon or later.

The rest is plain straight forward, Carl and Tsubaki trophies toke a little practice but after some attempts I was able to pull them without to many problems (Tsubaki Trophy was far easier than what I initially though)

I'll give it a 9, but leaning towards 10. I found Legion on hard to be harder than Score Attack (that last match vs all 4 Unlimited people was NOT fun!), only because you need to be good against multiple super cheap opponents in a row instead of just 1, but I haven't tried Score Attack with too many people either. Beginner mode and having a 2nd controller help a LOT if you just want the trophy. If you want other Unlimited chars, that's your own problem.

I think the hardest trophies will be the challenges and getting 50 online, BUT! If you find a high level player and beat him in player, you'll still get a lot of points. In CT, I got to level 25 just from player matches (considering we traded wins, I could have gone way higher), and got to 30 easily while grinding out ranked matches (I finished at 34), so it might not be so bad if you find someone willing to lose a few times for you.

And so that leaves challenges. For an amateur, learning some of these mechanics will prove nigh impossible. And even for a seasoned vet... well, the later combos are just sadistic. Personally, I'm somewhere in between, and I don't think I'm skilled enough to complete 100, no matter how much time I put in.

I'll give it a 9, but leaning towards 10. I found Legion on hard to be harder than Score Attack (that last match vs all 4 Unlimited people was NOT fun!), only because you need to be good against multiple super cheap opponents in a row instead of just 1, but I haven't tried Score Attack with too many people either. Beginner mode and having a 2nd controller help a LOT if you just want the trophy. If you want other Unlimited chars, that's your own problem.

I think the hardest trophies will be the challenges and getting 50 online, BUT! If you find a high level player and beat him in player, you'll still get a lot of points. In CT, I got to level 25 just from player matches (considering we traded wins, I could have gone way higher), and got to 30 easily while grinding out ranked matches (I finished at 34), so it might not be so bad if you find someone willing to lose a few times for you.

And so that leaves challenges. For an amateur, learning some of these mechanics will prove nigh impossible. And even for a seasoned vet... well, the later combos are just sadistic. Personally, I'm somewhere in between, and I don't think I'm skilled enough to complete 100, no matter how much time I put in.

For legion mode, you just have to make use of the bonuses that level down bosses at the right time. I pretty much left the one bonus that leveled down bosses until the end, just after the timer stopped leveling up the armies. This brought down the last team down to level S instead of Level SS, and to make things easier, I had Unlimited Taokaka take them all out with ease. Her dash attack was godly. I didn't even have to make use of my team of Tagers. =P

I'm not going to actually place a vote, but this will be the first game I move on from without getting the platinum trophy, so it's a definite 10. I find challenge mode to be just ridiculous. I've struggled at the few mission threes that I tried, so there's no way in hell I'm going to do 6-7 missions for everyone. Legion mode on hard is just that... hard. You basically have to win each set without losing, and without getting much, since even if you don't lose, you would be completely screwed if you entered the next set on low health. You'll end up with most of the sets being SS difficulty, which is the real problem there. Even having random unlimited characters doesn't help much. And what people seem to complain about most is Score Attack, and I found it much, much easier than legion or challenge. The only part that really even gave me some trouble was Hakumen. Oh yeah, and don't forget about getting to level 50 by trying to beat random people on ranked matches :p This truly is nothing like the first game.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it really that hard?

Well... it is hard... and for sure as hard as SF4... but not MUCH MUCH harder because we all know how to play SF and this game just takes a good amount to learn actually. I've had the game for 3 nows and some of the challenges are quite easy, imo the only thing that's gonna hurt is the legion mode on hard, score attack and level 50 online.

• 5 weeks later...
Well... it is hard... and for sure as hard as SF4... but not MUCH MUCH harder because we all know how to play SF and this game just takes a good amount to learn actually. I've had the game for 3 nows and some of the challenges are quite easy, imo the only thing that's gonna hurt is the legion mode on hard, score attack and level 50 online.

hmm,challenge mode harder than trials in SF4 or SSf4?