What Would YOU Like To See In Blazblue 3? (Possible Blazblue 1 And 2 Spoilers)

So after beating the final true ending on Blazblue Continuum Shift, I think we could all agree there'll most likely be a Blazblue 3. I just thought I'd share a couple of things I want to see when Blazblue 3 rolls around.

Note: If you see this blog on MyIGN. Don't worry. Thats me. I posted it on that site as well.

1. The obvious choice, more playable characters. But more importantly, who? My wishful list includes but not limited to:

Jubei (Why are they taking so long? He should've been playable since Calamity Trigger!)

Relius Clover (Already announced in CS 2 Extend)

Kokonoe

Phantom aka Possibly Nine

Torakaka

Another new species of beastkin

Another character from one of the 10 Duodecim families.

The Imperator aka Saya

Linhua (Very unlikely because she seems to be a very frail character judging by her role in story mode)

And...

Caelica A. Mercury (Nine's sister. Another very unlikely choice but I have my fingers crossed!)

2. Keep beginner's mode. Just hear me out on this one. I believe that keeping beginner's mode is a great idea for three reasons:

A. It keeps people who are not great at fighting games to enjoy Blazblue thus boosting sales not only for Akyss, but for the Blazblue series as well.

B. It prevents gamers in online matches to rage quit. Mostly because they can actually stand a chance against a number of people online. Trust me when I say this. Out of all the online fighting games I've played, Blazblue CS is a game where I've experienced the least amount of rage quitters and I feel it's because of beginner's mode.

C. It gives me someone to play offline. Okay this is mostly a personal reason but I feel I should add it. My friends suck at fighting games. And I like fighting games. So it's only natural that they don't like playing fighting games with me because they would usually get their butt kicked. But with Blazblue's beginner mode, they can actually stand somewhat of a chance when they fight me. Sure I can play online, but I find it more satisfying when I win a match to someone who's in my presence so I can taunt them with my victories.

3. Longer animations please. To be fair, Akyss isn't the richest developers in gaming. In fact, it's a miracle that we get some clean, crisp, and beautiful animations from the in-game character sprites. But sometimes I can't help but feel the animation sequences are too short. They only last about 3-10 seconds each and there are about 8 videos which all of them together is a minute of animation in the entire video game. Not only that, but I also feel they should add more character poses when characters interact with each other in Story Mode. This isn't really a necessity persay but it's more of a pleasure that I would like to see.

4. Add a cosplay gag reel for Makoto. We had one for Noel in Blazblue Calamity Trigger, we had one for Tsubaki in Blazblue Continuum Shift, so I think it's only fair we have one for Makoto in Blazblue 3. :drool: Yeah I <3 Makoto a lot. ;)

Also, I know this conversations been brought up so many times on Blazblue forums but I really need to ask. Does Noel Vermillion go commando? I've questioned this before in Calamity Trigger but in Continuum Shift, theres a gallery art that makes it a little obvious. (The one where she meets Makoto)

Thats pretty much my list as of now. Got anything you would like to see in Blazblue 3?

Edited by zeldafinalfantasyfan

1. I have a lot of opinions on playable characters. Personally, I think they should add two, including Relius. After that, I'd like to see some DLC characters. So here is who I want to see...

-Relius: long overdue and announced. Great!

-A completely new character. I'd make this the other new character in game.

-Kokonoe: agreed that she's been needed for a while.

-Nine/Phantom: i see a lot of potential for a fun character. End-boss worthy.

-Jubei: I'd be interested to see how he plays... could be DLC

-Saya: She'd need to lose some power, and potentially did in BB2... could be DLC

2. I actually don't like Beginner's Mode, but I would like MORE tutorials. More advanced tutorials.

And as for the rest, well, I'd like to see colors as unlockables, not for sale, but that's an economic decision.

There's a few things I'd quite like to see.

*Jubei as a playable character, always found him to be quite interesting.

*Some more cut-scenes would be nice. It's great to see characters fight in video.

*More of a role for Bang. He's easily my favourite character and he's really been neglected in the storyline. I think after his story in CS, it's likely that he'll see a relatively larger role.

*Alternate costumes. alternate colours are frankly not worth the amount they cost as DLC (for the record I think Continnum Shift's DLC is a massive rip off) and alternate costumes would be far better, even if they're only mild changes. Like, say, fighting as Noel with and without her hat.

*A little more variety in story would be nice. Most of the character's stories in CS (mild spoiler) amounted to little more than 'Go see Hazama, fail to stop him'. Got really boring before long.

like everyone is saying i would like to see Jubei as a fighter

i want to know more about Bang's Nox Nocteres since it posses the power to sever any connection to the boundary

and i would like to see a new character in possession of the SUSAN-O unit because i cant recall if Hakuman's is the only one in existence so i think it would be cool to see another character that can use it's power

i would suggest bringing Bloodedge as a playable character but since it turns out that Bloodedge is just Ragna i say forget it:thumbsdown:

I'd say Bang will most likely have a bigger role after CS, seeing as his real power is somewhat revealed here.

Personally I say keep Beginner Mode, but remove it from ranked play. If you're measuring player skill, why add shortcuts? Put some more effort into practice modes instead. Third Strike has a parry practice so that you can get better at that, King of Fighters added a quick tutorial mode for the game's mechanics so that you can get used to them. Sure CS added a tutorial section, but there should be some specific ones instead of a whole lot of stuff. Keep the character specific introductions though, should be a great help for new players.

I'd say something like blocking training. You can choose a character to play against, and you should perfectly block mixups thrown at you. Then a more advanced, IB-mode for when you really want to practice more. Something like IB-punish unsafe mix-ups or whatever. If you add throw attempts in the blocking training it could prove pretty damn useful, of course you should somehow be able to decide how throw-heavy the mix-ups will be, in case you really want to practice throw breaking.

Yeah I think it's most likely that Bang will have a HUGE role in Blazblue 3. Or at least a better role than the past two games. He was usually just there for comedy relief, or an extra battle in story mode. But now that they revealed at what his Nox Nyctores can do, I have a feeling he's going to help Litchi in the revival of Arakune's human form. Also, he went to Ikaruga to search for his Master's son (A new playable character?) and he's returning to his homeland. It's just screaming Bang everywhere.

I've also noticed that the characters are going to group up as teams as well. This is a wild assumption but perhaps they'll add team battles in the next game? Hmm only time will tell.

Plus, I wonder how they're going to replace Lambda. There's a chance we might see the 10th unit in the next game.

Edited by zeldafinalfantasyfan

Caelica A. Mercury

As far as playable characters go I definitely agree on Caelica A. Mercury, I would love for characters from Phase Zero to make it into the game. I would never dare say depending on her play style I would switch my main to her but thats up for debate because of my love for Noel :p Here's a picture of Caelica A. Mercury for those who don't know of her.

http://i.imgur.com/sShnz.jpg

Here's the wikia bio on her for those who are curious :p

Beginner Mode

I don't mind beginner mode however I do wish they would disable it from Ranked Matches personally, I never fought anyone using it in ranked however I can only imagine the amount of trolling people could do with Beginner mode Tager.

DLC ... COSTUMES (Not Colors)

I think it would be cool for everyone to have different outfits based off maybe past ideas for character designs or maybe Ragna without his Coat, Noel with her hair down.

Sharing Replays

Just like in Street Fighter IV I think it would be cool to invite your friends to watch replays of highlighted matches you guys had or even just to critique each other.

Online Training Mode

Because I'm one of the only players in the local scene who plays Blazblue its hard for me to find training partners so I find myself going to better Noel players and asking for help, normally we would do multiple player matches for our training sessions but I think that's too much of a hassle having to worry about health and time when teaching each other BnBs and various other things.

That's all that really comes to mind at the moment.

Jubei should had have healed by the time whatever Hazama and Relius have planned is ready (probably a Murokumo unit so they can continue to use Lambda's moveset).

For some reason I don't want a playable Phantom, maybe I'm a little jaded at seeing every character become playable at some point.

I'd like to see a decent time skip really, like a matter of years. Enough time for Kokonoe to develop a battle suit based on Lambda's exo skeleton, for Jin to come back as almost a completel different man after training with Jubei.

As for original characters I like the idea of a new Librairium lackey now that both Jin and Noel have abandoned it. I know Litchi is probably going to be one of them now but I'd like someone fanatically loyal to Saya, maybe even someone who fights for her in battle.

Most of what I want has already been stated with new characters. But what I'd really want is more story. Hakumen wasn't much of a story person in Calamity Trigger; walking around, spewing harsh words and getting into fights. Continuum Shift has him showing a soft side which I enjoyed... he also needs a gag reel.

Edit: New thought for story, Litchi's boyfriend getting his body back but still able to fight as/like Arakune.

Edited by Kheapathic

Edit: New thought for story, Litchi's boyfriend getting his body back but still able to fight as/like Arakune.
Maybe it's kind of like Blanka (from Street Fighter). As a kid, I always thought he'd go back to being Charlie. Now, I'm not keeping up with the SF mythos, but eventually Charlie did become playable. Blanka is still around, too.

I suppose that it is important to keep Arakune's style both in gameplay and visually. Which similarly brings up the question of if Mu will still be playable at all...

Maybe 'Lotte Carmine' will be recreated by Saya to keep Litchi in check, Relius did manage to capture Arakune.

ArkSys would never drop an asset though, the characters take so much work to animate and move-balance that not using the Arakune sprite again would be a waste.

I get the feeling Mu will be playable but not part of the story, online and Versus only maybe. Either that or whatever Murokumo unit is coming in to replace Lambda can also power up and become Mu.

I sort of want this edition to be the final one as well. Or at least the last in this timeframe. Tekken and Soul Calibur stories were always at their best when they had a time skip.

I sort of want this edition to be the final one as well. Or at least the last in this timeframe. Tekken and Soul Calibur stories were always at their best when they had a time skip.
I say keep bringing it. This has quickly become my favorite fighting series and I'd love to see it further developed.

...Though I heard they won't make another Guilty Gear until BlazBlue is... done.

Don't want to take this off topic but with regards to the Soul series, I think the story mode was at its absolute best back with the original Soul Blade (or Soul Edge, depending on where you were) because of the outstanding Edge Master Mode. I wonder if BlazBlue could work with something like that... Not necessarily the weapon variation, but fighting under different circumstances (like depleting health).

I'm ok with them keeping Beginner Mode... BUT TAKE THAT SHIT OUT RANKED MATCHES. Ranked Matches should be about your own skill.

As Setsuna mentioned before with Online Practice Mode.

Really though... I dont understand why there ISN'T an Online Practice Mode. Why aren't fighting games letting you do Practice Mode online with friends. It's a good and simple ass idea, implement it already. Once fighting games started taking it online, practice mode should have went with it.