Rate the trophy difficulty...  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.04

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4/10 and it does not deserve any higher of a rating (I feel like rating it lower to be honest, but eh, this seems fair enough).

I'm pretty much done, I just need to rewatch a few Gag Reels for Special CGs in the Gallery, and just keep 1 Hit KO'ing Darkness Fang in Abyss mode until my last item pops up. It's not difficult, at all, hell I'm not even bored yet and I've put in about... Almost 100 hours (I want to say 70-80 as of right now).

First off, it IS very time consuming since you have to complete Arcade mode and Story mode (unless you loaded your CS save, you save a lot of time here) with each character.

Then there's Abyss mode where you just keep fighting and fighting for randomized items. There's no difficulty in something time consuming, like at all.

Score Attack and Challenge mode are a joke now compared to the two previous games.

Online.. To me, this was the hardest as I really suck at this game (And that pretty much almost nobody online does Team Battles), but since Ranked is boostable exactly like it was in Calamity Trigger, it really isn't a problem.

3 from me. The challenges are just as difficult as they were in BBCS, but since you have to do so few of them, who cares? Score attack was so easy that I finished it first try without a second controller. There's starting to be a lot of characters now, so doing arcade mode over and over is a real hassle too...

Abyss quite nearly put me to sleep several times. Once I was down to the last 4 or so items, it was probably about 5 hours to get them all. Rather tedious, but oh well. Despite what's in the guide, you NEVER need to farm P$.

Online was easy too. I got my 200 PSR with Jin in ~80 matches (I only had a couple basic short combos, but that was enough to win), so I spent the remaining 20 trolling people with Tager. He really is the scrub destroyer...

I kind of want to rate it lower, but it's not THAT easy, I guess.

Edit: Whoops, I put a 4 in the poll. I changed my mind as I was writing this, but too late. Eh, whatever. 4 is good enough.

Edited by Akari

Personally, a 3/10 but I can see how it could be a 4 or 5 for some people. The challenge mode feels like a joke this time around because there are more trials and more characters to choose from, so completing 100 was pretty easy. If it were 150, then it would have posed a problem I bet. Score Attack was a breeze since the unlimited characters got relocated to their own mode.

I got incredibly lucky in Abyss mode. The final four items I needed all happened to unlock in a row during a single run around depth 999 and 1060. So, yeah....very, very lucky. Easiest to plat out of all the Blazblue games.

Edited by fancyfox

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm giving it a 5, although to me it would range from 3-5 in that way, and although I've already finished it on the 360, playing it on PS3 will have to wait if and when a price drop will happen.

I also find ridiculous some users voted higher difficulty, are you guys serious, this is easy, yet grindy and time consuming.

I vote 4/10... The game itself is not that hard...

The challenges, as people said, are similar to BBCS, but since we now have 15 missions per character, with the hardest missions usually being missions 11 to 15, we can easily do at least 10 missions with most of the characters.

And Score attack, lol, Tager stylish mode as always, making everybody's life better, and even easier now because of the existence of Unlimited Mars mode (Imagine Tager with that meme face of the chinese basketball player YaoMing saying: "Score Attack? Bitch please...")

Now Abyss Mode, it starts kinda challenging but soon enough you will get strong to the point of doing Abyss 999 while looking down on Mu12 (Arakune Enhancement says hello, even better if you also have Turn Unlimited... BONUS: I also did Abyss 999 using Unlimited Ragna with maxed stats... He kills the enemy characters really fast, so I couldn't have significant depth increases lol, even with Maze Walker Lv.3 Equipped, therefore this run with him took quite a while)...

Now the irritating Abyssal Shop-a-hollic trophy: In Abyss Mode eveything seems fine until few items, or much worse, a SINGLE item, remain for that god damn Abyssal Shop-a-holic trophy, while grinding at, probably, depths 700 to 999. The difficulty is being lucky the game won't be an ass and give you a repeated item instead of the desired new item

Edited by AlvaroShiokawa

Platinum Difficulty Rating : 3

Most if not all the trophies were really straightforward and easy to achieve.

Some were really time consuming ( Abyssal Shopaholic / Like a boss ), apart from that it wasn't too bad.

Enjoyable game even though i kinda suck at it :D

Just got the platinum, but it wasn't that difficult for me cuz i got my friend to help me do all the challenges and character related trophies lol... but if a noob, such as me, were to do those, it would be like a 9/10 cuz it takes awhile to get the hang of the technical style

• 2 weeks later...

The difficulty should be the same as the previous two games. It's annoying how much you guys underestimate the difficulty. Not all of us are experts at this. Several of the trophies require pulling off ridiculous combos. Just like in Street Fighter 4. Well, this platinum will be impossible for me. I can't do these stupid combos no matter how many times I try.

I guess it would be easy for you fighting experts, but for everyone else like me, this will be next to impossible.

Most people are voting 9 on this. There isn't any reason this should be a 4/10 on the guide.

Edited by He-Man

The difficulty should be the same as the previous two games. It's annoying how much you guys underestimate the difficulty. Not all of us are experts at this. Several of the trophies require pulling off ridiculous combos. Just like in Street Fighter 4. Well, this platinum will be impossible for me. I can't do these stupid combos no matter how many times I try.

I guess it would be easy for you fighting experts, but for everyone else like me, this will be next to impossible.

Most people are voting 9 on this. There isn't any reason this should be a 4/10 on the guide.

You know why we rate it so low? Because the number of challenges you need to do has been significantly dropped. BBCS required 100 out of 120 challenges (later expanded to 150, which does drop its difficulty by quite a bit). BBCSE requires 100 out of 250 challenges. That means you only need 4 per character instead of 7 like in BBCSE. The 4th challenge generally remains in simple BnB level, and rarely is too difficult. I got to 100 without even touching many of the characters (for example, I left Arakune, Carl, Rachel, and Tao at 0).

If you can't get an average of 4 across all characters, then you're probably just not understanding the character's motions, or are just one half step away from really understanding the game mechanics. Take that step and you'll have 100 in no time.

Still, you also have to understand that the ratings are solely our opinions. I felt the game was incredibly easy and lenient on trophies compared to BBCS, and I honestly felt it was a very easy platinum. I did not feel the same for TTT HD, where lots of people were rating it 1, 2, 3. My answer was just to give it a 5 (or 6, I forget) rating like I felt it was.

Edit: you mention SF4, which is a pointless comparison. Not only does that game have difficult trials, it also requires that you finish EVERY SINGLE ONE of them. If you only needed to complete 40% of those trials instead of 100%, that game would drop to a 3 or 4 difficulty easily.

Edited by Akari

You know why we rate it so low? Because the number of challenges you need to do has been significantly dropped. BBCS required 100 out of 120 challenges (later expanded to 150, which does drop its difficulty by quite a bit). BBCSE requires 100 out of 250 challenges. That means you only need 4 per character instead of 7 like in BBCSE. The 4th challenge generally remains in simple BnB level, and rarely is too difficult. I got to 100 without even touching many of the characters (for example, I left Arakune, Carl, Rachel, and Tao at 0).

If you can't get an average of 4 across all characters, then you're probably just not understanding the character's motions, or are just one half step away from really understanding the game mechanics. Take that step and you'll have 100 in no time.

Still, you also have to understand that the ratings are solely our opinions. I felt the game was incredibly easy and lenient on trophies compared to BBCS, and I honestly felt it was a very easy platinum. I did not feel the same for TTT HD, where lots of people were rating it 1, 2, 3. My answer was just to give it a 5 (or 6, I forget) rating like I felt it was.

Edit: you mention SF4, which is a pointless comparison. Not only does that game have difficult trials, it also requires that you finish EVERY SINGLE ONE of them. If you only needed to complete 40% of those trials instead of 100%, that game would drop to a 3 or 4 difficulty easily.

You need to do more than four, as there are only 19 characters. I understand the motions. The problem is actually pulling it off. The combos quickly become difficult by the 5th or 6th challenge. Not everyone is capable of pulling off these combos. They aren't as easy as you make them out to be.

I compare it to SF4 because of the combos you need to do is just as complex. Sure, most of the trophies may be simple and straight forward, but there are still a few that will be difficult as they involve pulling off insane combos that not everyone has the coordination to pull off.

The difficulty should be the same as the previous two games. It's annoying how much you guys underestimate the difficulty. Not all of us are experts at this.

Oh, so if I spend 30-120 minutes on each challenge and complete it, that would make me an expert? Because that's the exact case I was in doing BB:CS challenges.

I was hopeless the first time trying them, but after MANY failed attempts on each one (especially the piss ass easy ones like the #3s), I slowly began learning. I knew through each attempt, I was getting closer. Hell, I remember spending 3 hours on Jin's 3B (stupid D > dash cancel > C > 6C > dash cancel > C > high j.c > C > 2C > whateverjedsighsdi!!!! *shakes fist violently in the air*) in the last game. You call that being an expert? It's more like having the time and patience to learn. That's the key to doing these combos (excluding Relius #9 in BBCSE, that's more about speed, stupid loop). If you don't have the time nor patience, you won't be able to do them.

Hell, I'm still downright terrible at this game.

Just like in Street Fighter 4.

What the... Do you even even know what you're saying? Clearly you do not.

This will only be impossible if you probably have carpel tunnel and/or lack the time and patience required (and if you even do, I do not see why you are even bothering attempting this near 100+ hour platinum).

There isn't any reason why this should even be considered a 9 anyway, it's not worthy. In all honesty, I found Calamity Trigger to be much more difficult than this.

I compare it to SF4 because of the combos you need to do is just as complex. Sure, most of the trophies may be simple and straight forward, but there are still a few that will be difficult as they involve pulling off insane combos that not everyone has the coordination to pull off.

The only "insane" combos are probably found in challenge #10+ anyway, there's no need to go up that high, and the character specific trophy combos are nowhere near insane.

What the... Do you even even know what you're saying? Clearly you do not.

Yes, I do know what I'm talking about actually. You don't like it? Then maybe you should kindly shut the hell up and deal with it. I came here to express my opinion only. I don't know why you got mad at that.

The distribution of voting in this thread is very interesting. Take a look at it and you will see that there are two groups which you rarely see in any other rating thread. Ask yourself why there are many people vote this game in the lower range.

There isn't anything insane about this platinum. If there is a trophy that requires to do all the missions or clear 99,999 Abyss depths, it's then an insane platinum.