Need help beating Unlimited Ragna, In Score Attack mode..

Don't know if anyone cares. I finally beat that bitch with a perfect on the last round! Made my day today! Platinum here i come! Should platinum today!

yeah some time its just with luck also its cpu so dont ask much some time they will go easy and there your chance to kill him or sometime the cpu will go nuts and just rape you. the best example its Nu some time she will kill you in 1 combo something she will do nothing.

• 1 month later...

My method was alot of these all into one first i'd either jump and surf over him then send ice blades at him if he did his upper cut i'd catch him with the surfing blade on the way down then hit him with the repeat slash move i broke his distortion drives twice with that move and like they say once I had my heat at 50% i always used my drive moves I say anyone who defeats this guy has bone well this is by far the hardest trophy of this game..but the satisfaction of beating someone so cheap is worth it.

Just use Tager and spam down D(x) and 360 B(triangle) easy win i did it on my first try and i did on forst try for my buddy if you can't do it then jus hit up on right analog for 360 B, it cancels most specials especially ragna cancels his death grip and his sword slash block first strike then grapple i got 2 perfects on him .

In case anyone else needs help.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuomYrfIgRY]YouTube - Blazblue Score Attack - Unlimited Ragna Steps into Traffic[/ame]

Works perfectly against everyone, U.Ragna might give a bit of problems since he seems to break out more often than the other characters (Goddamn SNK boss syndrome. >_>.)

i owned Unlimited Ragna with V-13 Nu,

bad thing about using V-13 is that she has the lowest Defence in the game, but u can dog it with her using her "D" moves,

do the Sword Summoner combo (D, D, Back D, Back D) into the Sickle Storm (QCF + D) that will keep the distance away from ragna, if he gets close then block and use her "C" move, throws are also key aswell, a good mix of these moves will up ur Gauges for u to use her Legacy Edge Distortion Drive, which will also push ragna away from you,

watch out for Ragnas Gauges coz if he gets as hit on ya with his Distortion Drives, you've pretty much lost the round

this isnt any easier coz u really need good timing for it to work, but yea i found this to be rthe easiest method for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone please give even more dumbed-down instructions for this?

To the person that suggested staying in the corner and using ice swords with Jin, are you serious? I can't get like more than 2 off that Ragna doesn't dodge before he comes at me and the starts bouncing me off the walls with uppercuts, leading to the inevitable Distortion of D-baggery.

The video above with the (ice Car + Throw) looks great but, I almost never end up grabbing Ragna (with Jin). I end up flailing the sword about wildly. Which sometimes gets you a bunch of hits but eventually Ragna begins uppercuts + Distortion of D-B again. It seems like maybe you have to actually briefly wait for Ragna to 'get up', but if you fail to grab or there's like a tiny gap between you, then the cycle of death as described above ensues.

Also, I've researched all over and someone mentioned that since Ragna will almost always charge at you as soon as the fight starts, you should "hit the right stick immediately" which allows you to 'grab Ragna'. What are they talking about? Hit the right stick in which direction? And I thought R1 is 'throw'. Is it totally different on the 360?

I get that not everyone is meant to accomplish everything but not being able to do this with a 2P cheat, shortcut specials and spamming is pretty frustrating.

Any further advice appreciated, thanks.

hey man i suggest you use tager hes got the most health and deals loads of damage and if you can't pull his moves off then use the easy stick(right analog) pretty much use down d(x) to close gaps and when they are close hit the right analog up to do devasting grapple and practice blocking. when it comes to ragna block then 360 b(triangle)which is right analog up if u use the easy special moves it cancels almosteverything and if ragna tries the distrotion where he grabs you jus up on right bam canceled if you got anymore questions send me a friend request with blazblue in the body

Thanks for the reply!

When I wrote that I basically wasn't going to turn off my PS3 until I beat Unlimited Ragna with Jin. I got better at the Jin technique but still could only win if Unlimited Ragna 'let' me grab and ice car him to death in 1 or 2 long chains. And it never happened in 2 rounds out of 3. After two days (during which I never turned off the PS3) one time we were both kind of low on life in Round 3 and I went for the kill instead of interrupting with the 2P; but of course I died and I haven't touched BlazBlue since.

I'm willing to try the Tager thing. I'll let you know how it goes!

The easiest way to do it is use Jin. At the beginning of the match ragna will always charge you. As soon as the match starts jump back and throw an ice sword. Keep your distance and use ice sword. If ice sword hits immediately do his distortion where he slashes and ice flies across the screen. When you get close enough grab him. Be sure to use R1 its the easiest without accidentally hitting the wrong button. When you grab him ice car him. As soon as he recovers grab him and repeat. The whole purpose is that as soon as ragna gets up he will always try to grab you. By grabbing him it will always get you a counter throw and he won't be able to do anything. In the instance that he doesn't grab you when you grab him he will tech you and immediately hells fang your ass. So block it and rinse and repeat. Variate your swords as well. The A is faster than the other ones. Keep at it. Ragna is very difficult but it takes a lot of skill and timing and patience. If you have trouble i would suggest practicing on unlimited ragna in training mode. Just turn on your health to regenerate and try to figure out his moves.

http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/bs/a/BSailings/card.png

Edited by Username:phillip

Update: Tried Tager... saw how it could be easier to beat UR (less need for perfect timing than Jin, I think) but I am so bad with him that I was having too much trouble even getting to UR

Thx for the post, phillip!

As mentioned before, I have beaten UR in a few rounds with Jin, but basically only if UR decides not to block/counter too much. And that has not happened 2 out of 3 rounds in the same fight yet.

As soon as the match starts jump back

So block it and rinse and repeat.

I know this sounds dumb but can you be more specific, please?

Jump back? What do you press exactly? When I do, I cannot move away fast enough to avoid the furor if UR decides to bum rush me from the get-go.

By block, do you just mean press "back direction", because most of the time it seems like his right hook or whatever is unblockable unless you happened to have launched an attack at the perfect time.

I guess the frustrating part isn't just how hard it is, but how you lose. I swear it feels like even if you're fortunate enough to have the upper hand in a round and UR is one blow from dying, the AI kicks it up a notch and just decides it's going to rough you up no matter what.

Jump back? What do you press exactly? When I do, I cannot move away fast enough to avoid the furor if UR decides to bum rush me from the get-go.

By block, do you just mean press "back direction", because most of the time it seems like his right hook or whatever is unblockable unless you happened to have launched an attack at the perfect time.

I guess the frustrating part isn't just how hard it is, but how you lose. I swear it feels like even if you're fortunate enough to have the upper hand in a round and UR is one blow from dying, the AI kicks it up a notch and just decides it's going to rough you up no matter what.

jump back. so immediately when the round starts, jump back, press diagonal up and back. if you're still getting hit, double tap back (or spam back as the round starts) to dash away as soon as the round begins. also, you can dash in the air so jump backwards and quickly double tap back. you'll dash away from him while jumping back.

block. yes, hold back direction, and don't forget hold down and back to block low attacks. you can also use your barrier.

it took me a solid 2 hours with jin. and yeah, i knwo what you mean. there were so many times i had one win already and was his health was just pixels. i'd still have half my life left and he'd still manage to kick my ass without me getting one measly hit. i swear one time i went right up to the tv and couldn't see ANY health left whatsoever as he proceeded to open a can of kickass on me.

general tips i see a lot are to use your distortion soon after you get 50%, R3 if i remember right, and barrier burst if he gets you with that retarded distortion that takes away 70% of your life.

so eventually i figured out a routine that worked for me, even though i did it the hard way. i started out with a few light attacks into ice car, tried to keep distance and spammed shooting ice sword until he died (occasional ice car, also good to move to other end of screen for distance). ice sword A, the one you want to use, is mapped onto the right analog stick but i forgot which direction.. sorry it's been a while since i've played. it was great cause even if he used distortion the second it starts he just runs into an ice sword. if you're close you can mash C or do ice car + rapid C but ONLY when he is recovering.

like i said, i just found a way that worked for me. it took some time and a lot of patience. keep at it and find a routine, and eventually you'll get it. trust me, the satisfaction you get after beating him might even be better than getting a plat! i know you can do it, don't give up

izzy_k,

I really do appreciate all the advice and I do find a lot of it helpful!

I wasn't actually that obsessed with getting the trophy but with the way everyone's been so helpful, I do intend to see it through eventually so all your efforts don't go to waste.

Score Attack aside, my feelings are really mixed about this game. I think it's well-made but I almost feel bad that all the talent and effort went to waste (IMO) on a really annoying & lame story and characters that I don't find interesting at all. I know some people think the story is really awesome but I find unnecessary suspense incredibly irritating, and I'm not a sci-fi nut but the story doesn't hang together at all.

/unsolicited opinion

• 2 weeks later...

Fighting games normally arent meant to have amazing storylines lol.

What do you expect? It's a fighting game!

Did you get unlimited ragna yet on score attack?

It's actually really easy with Jin, play safe until you get a chance to 214+C and B+C (throw) loop him. If you're almost dead, might as well press start on your 2nd controller and retry again.

If you can time it properly while doing it from the start to Ragna you should only need a try or two to finish it. Got it my 2nd try (when I tried the first day, I didn't know about the 2nd controller thing and lost with a sliver of health left after that I didn't wanna bother going through everyone again, but I got it easy the 2nd time I put the game in the ps3 and went through everyone easily)

Edited by Jaemes

• 2 months later...
The easiest way to do it is use Jin. At the beginning of the match ragna will always charge you. As soon as the match starts jump back and throw an ice sword. Keep your distance and use ice sword. If ice sword hits immediately do his distortion where he slashes and ice flies across the screen. When you get close enough grab him. Be sure to use R1 its the easiest without accidentally hitting the wrong button. When you grab him ice car him. As soon as he recovers grab him and repeat. The whole purpose is that as soon as ragna gets up he will always try to grab you. By grabbing him it will always get you a counter throw and he won't be able to do anything. In the instance that he doesn't grab you when you grab him he will tech you and immediately hells fang your ass. So block it and rinse and repeat. Variate your swords as well. The A is faster than the other ones. Keep at it. Ragna is very difficult but it takes a lot of skill and timing and patience. If you have trouble i would suggest practicing on unlimited ragna in training mode. Just turn on your health to regenerate and try to figure out his moves.

http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/bs/a/BSailings/card.png

After some handful of tries... this above was very helpful to use. If he got scary close to me I would AIR Ice Car my ass outa that corner. Ice spam get 50% and super, but if i got a grab the above advice worked like a Charm

• 2 weeks later...

Ah yes. This jerk... I actually just did this for my friend on xbox last night. I actually got pretty lucky, and I hit the throw button before he did Devoured By Darkness so I just cheated him out of that one. :p

Beating him is rather simple if you use Jin. At the start of every round, he'll use Hell's Fang (After doing the 2P Hit-start-so-you-won't-suffer-through-the-other-enemies trick 6 times, I know.), so jump backwards IMMEDIATELY and hit up on the right stick sending out an ice sword. I then spent most of the match doing that. Staying far away and ice swording him. If he got close, I panicked and either did the multi-slash (Mash the C button) or started the Ice Car - Throw - Ice Car - Throw loop. By the time he kicked me out of it, I had 100% heat so I ran FAR back, then hit left on the right stick, pulling off Arctic Dagger. I did that twice then spammed Ice Sword until he died - at this point, only 3 or 4 were necessary. Despite being at the other end of the screen, he thought Inferno Dividers and Hells Fangs were a good idea. :rolleyes: Alright, anyone who reads this, good luck and I hope this helped!

...Crap, I just realized I gotta re-do this on PS3, with no second controller to save me. *Sigh*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

u guys want to know the secret to score attack mode when u r about to lose to unlimited ragna press start on the second controller it will immediately activate 2 player mode and once u beat the crap out of yourself u will go back to unlimited ragna not needing to restart the whole score attack crap.I gave myself a facepalm when i found this out

just got this one last night i think it was because i had eye of the tiger playing which helps but for real i had to use a mix of the up on right stick and 6 or 4+D when he got close and i also noticed when he gets low on hp when he gets 50% heat he tries to do that claw life siphon move and be careful of the ice car grab i found it is more useful in the corner that anything else also you can do the 214+D or 236+D at 25% heat for a freeze effect

Edited by Leyto
added some things