Questions from a n00b

Hi Guys!

I'm hoping someone still visits this section as I am kinda late to the party here :o.

As the topic says, I need some help getting to grips with BlazBlue. I've been a huge Tekken fan since it's PS1 days, but I'm finding the series becoming awfuly stale. So I started looking for a new fighting game, and that's when I found BlazBlue :dance:!

What a fantastic game! It's so fast, it looks stunning and the lore and story are surpisingly in-depth for a fighter! So needless to say, I'm loving this game!!

But I have a few question...

1) How the hell do I perform advanced combos :think:?!

I can perform your basic attacks, and some very basic combos, but for the life of me I just can't understand what all the symbols on the moves section (Where you see all your moves, forgot that section's name) :(. I understand what "SP1/2/3/4" are, but what does "DD" or "CC" (etc...) mean?

And I don't understand how to place my left analogue stick when looking at some of the graphics for the d-pad :confused:? I try and copy them but I never seem to pull of combos! I understand the graphic that says "D-pad, down, then right" meaning my analogue stick must move from bottom to right. But then you get the more complicated ones that have you moving on the D-pad "right, bottom, right" and I'll do that but nothing. I tried Googling this but I can't find a guide or thread that explains this very basic, fundamental part :(.

One last question about combos :o. If the graphic sayd "D-pad right + D" does that mean I oush both at the same time or do I push D after I have gone right already? And if it says "D-pad right, D,C,A" does that mean I push all three buttons plus the direction at the same time?

Sorry, very n00b questions!

2) Being a bit of a Plat hunter myself, I'm gonna try for Plat (Or at least get as far as I can). But I have a question regarding the stories. Once you have completed each character's story, does it have to say "100%" and "Clear"? Because my Ragna story says clear but is only sitting at 37%, but then my Noel Vermillion story is clear but sitting at 49%...

3) And finally, one question regarding online play. From reading previous threads I see online is basically dead, that's alright, but I have two mates who have the game and we're gonna boost the online trophies, but is it still possible to boost? The servers aren't down or anything?

Sorry for the very basic questions :o! But thanks to whoever can help me ;)!

Not sure what you mean for question number 1. but 2. no you do not need to 100% each characters story mode to get the plat just finish them all. 3. yes the online is still up.

I figured out what I was doing wrong with my first question, but thanks!

And thanks for answering my last two questions, that's exactly what I needed to know :D!

Thanks dude!